Sad

samuel930

Found the image on FChat. Surprised anyone there knew what it was. I think it was in Europe somewhere. Wonder how many other Isleros are rotting away.

Udo :shock: :shock:

...you should have sold your car to me :lol2:

Woah, I thought that was my old car, but it's not. Yes, I should have sold it to you. At least I'd know where it was.

an other one for you to cry guys

the car is no more there....may be someone is restoring it (or parting away....)

post-4328-1226399161_thumb.jpg

There is a reason why they are all unrestored and rotting away..... :gay: :shock: :rant: :lol2:

Dream on, funny man. The last Islero that sold at Monterey brought more than a used G spider. There are no more Isleros rotting away. Those days are long gone.

Dream on, funny man. The last Islero that sold at Monterey brought more than a used G spider. There are no more Isleros rotting away. Those days are long gone.

Id drive a 308 over an Islero :icon_butt:

an other one for you to cry guys

the car is no more there....may be someone is restoring it (or parting away....)

Emilio

I wanted that car, but the problem is finding all of the parts that were removed from the car. If the car is not all but complete, you should not purchase it. The buyer will be upside down financially, if you have to start buying trim pieces and significant parts.

Emilio

I wanted that car, but the problem is finding all of the parts that were removed from the car. If the car is not all but complete, you should not purchase it. The buyer will be upside down financially, if you have to start buying trim pieces and significant parts.

i know and you have good reasons

i do not know who got it but imo there are chances he will spend more than the car will be worth when done..... even more in this moment

to me (and i know some would disagree) the islero is one of those cars that could very much go down at its ...4-5 years ago value

nice and rare as it is, it is NOT an iconic car and will never be imo: there are not so many fans of these cars around imo and even less willing to spend over 100k$ for a good one (too many nice alternatives around)

same, and even more, goes for jaramas, espadas

i know and you have good reasons

i do not know who got it but imo there are chances he will spend more than the car will be worth when done..... even more in this moment

to me (and i know some would disagree) the islero is one of those cars that could very much go down at its ...4-5 years ago value

nice and rare as it is, it is NOT an iconic car and will never be imo: there are not so many fans of these cars around imo and even less willing to spend over 100k$ for a good one (too many nice alternatives around)

same, and even more, goes for jaramas, espadas

I agree.

The Islero is so much car for the money.

A classic handmade lo-production 1960's GT car, with a soul, style, and all the kewl parts.

Wannabees drive Gs

Those that know, drive an Islero

:eusa_dance:

Those that wanna drive... Buy G's. Those that wanna look at, fix, smell like gasoline and get stuck on the road buy Isleros, Jaramas, Espadas etc. :icon_butt:

Those that wanna drive... Buy G's. Those that wanna look at, fix, smell like gasoline and get stuck on the road buy Isleros, Jaramas, Espadas etc. :icon_butt:

...at least he did not mention the Countach :icon_mrgreen:

Countach is Lamborghini

Lamborghini is Countach :icon_super:

Countach is Lamborghini

Yeah, but I was thinking CT while reading his list. Kid does have a point. :lol2:

Countach is Lamborghini

Countach is the only old Lambo worth owning inmo, and even moreso to look at, than drive.

Summary of points on this thread......

Ralph is really on a roll with his 'thinking' lately.

Allan likes to get 'under the skin' of the 'vintage' folks, but knew not to cross the line and slag the Countach :D

Islero's are hip and cool and rare and Lamborghini's....but kinda ugly ducklings

Emilio spot on as always....

I miss my Countach :mellow:

I miss my Countach

Mike,

You will find another car :icon_super:

Mike,

You will find another car :icon_super:

always have my sniffer on! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...