Can anyone tell me about this Countach?

LouisvilleLambo

http://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicle_deta...rghini-Countach

Where is the pricing on these right now?

What number would you put on it?

Are they expected to increase in the near future?

I am a more modern Lambo guy (Murcie & Gallardo owner), so what should I be looking for on this? Still have this same model, less the side skirts, poster from when I was a kid. I'm old now.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dave :icon_thumleft:

What are you thinking?

Keep in mind they just did a complete engine out service.

Thanks.

Are you trying to get me killed here?!

Are you trying to get me killed here?!

Come on, throw a number out. :icon_mrgreen: Personally, I don't think it will bring more than $90k, if that. With '91 Diablos as low as $76k on eBay lately, CTs are in the toilet. I suspect I would be lucky to get $70k for mine right now. Hopefully I won't need to sell anytime soon.

I would love to pick up such a beautiful car for 90k... Hopefully by the time I am ready to get another one prices will still be reasonable.

Take care

Dave

Come on, throw a number out. :icon_mrgreen: Personally, I don't think it will bring more than $90k, if that. With '91 Diablos as low as $76k on eBay lately, CTs are in the toilet. I suspect I would be lucky to get $70k for mine right now. Hopefully I won't need to sell anytime soon.

Interesting, I was thinking this low mileage (I've seen lower), well documented, full engine out service would be more like $105k-$110k. We're probably too far off to make a deal based on where we were yesterday. I believe I can get them to $115k, but seems too far away based on your feedback. Thank you for your honesty.

Anything in particular I should be looking for, watchout for?

Let me know any other thoughts guys.

The value of your's will certainly come back- which I was I'm thinking of picking one up now.

I'll let you guys know, of course. :eusa_dance:

I would love to pick up such a beautiful car for 90k... Hopefully by the time I am ready to get another one prices will still be reasonable.

Take care

Dave

Thanks. Like the contrasting wheels on your G.

Dave

pros:

looks clean

low miles

recent service

cons:

bad market

FI car

today is not worth near the asking imo

At that asking price, it should be turn-key and ready to go.

With the low miles, good rep of the dealer, and the fact that it is a white 88.5, should probably push the price somewhere around six figures.

Look for documentation (previous service receipts/who did the service work), few previous owners, and the condition of the clutch.

Thanks guys.

Made an offer yesterday.

We'll see what happens... probably nothing.

Looking at the most recent auctions, everyone's opinion here, we're pretty far apart.

cons:

FI car

today is not worth near the asking imo

Why is FI a con? I've always wondered why the cabureted units are more popular. Can someone explain it to me?

Is it simply the ability to adjust the fuel and air mixture? The cost to replace the injectors?

Curious.

Thanks!

Why is FI a con? I've always wondered why the cabureted units are more popular. Can someone explain it to me?

Is it simply the ability to adjust the fuel and air mixture? The cost to replace the injectors?

Curious.

Thanks!

The U.S. QV FI car, is unfortunately a compromise, in an effort by Lamborghini to obtain EPA/DOT approval, to sale the car in the US.

The engine in the U.S. QV FI car, is quite a bit different from the RoW Euro Weber QV car.

It is NOT just the fuel system. A lot of components are completely different.

From what I have read, a well tuned QV Weber car, makes a lot of power, by even modern exotic standards.

The U.S. QV FI, does not make the advertised factory power. It is a fun car nonetheless.

A few people on this website, have owned both the QV FI and the QV Weber cars. You may want to ask them, about the pros and cons.

In addition, the QV Weber car, will cost more money than the U.S. QV FI. You have to assume, that a QV Weber car, will typically cost about 50/60% more, over the cost of a US FI QV car. The QV weber car in the U.S., is quite scarce.

One important thing is what the market will pay, and that is rarely what dealers will hear. If that car come on evil-bay, I don't think it will reach bids much over $80 grand.. It has the "wrong" bumpers, the sideskirts and being injected. Not the most wanted CT..

Damned. Just looking into evil-bay, and there it is, at no bids at $80..

Give them a bid on 78!!

Or look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Remember. The economy is down here in europe to in a big way making many buyers think twise, and the dollar is here in Norway up 25% (against the Nok) against what it was this summer making the potensial overseas buyers wery wery few on these cars. Might stop the flow of exotics out of the US..

The car is not 455HP as advertised, that is the HP of the Carb version.

The fuel injected horsepower is 420.

88.5 with the side skirt is on the "not so desirable" list.

Right now $90K car.

As far as the future value goes... it could be worth $120 in a year or two or it could be worth $75K.

The Counatch has been around for a long time and has seen it's peak a year ago.

It will be some time before we see another Countach frenzy.

Just my thoughts as I have owned 5 Countach over the past 10 years and have paid $50K - $160K for them.

Right now $90K car.

Doing the reasearch, this car has been on ebay for MANY months, not getting any bids at $80.000. That means potensial buyers value it belowe that. Market is not better now than 4-6 months ago..

Or look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Remember. The economy is down here in europe to in a big way making many buyers think twise, and the dollar is here in Norway up 25% (against the Nok) against what it was this summer making the potensial overseas buyers wery wery few on these cars. Might stop the flow of exotics out of the US..

i think you are correct: no more US exotics coming now

i would probably take this one over the FI QV one

just my 0.02

Doing the reasearch, this car has been on ebay for MANY months, not getting any bids at $80.000. That means potensial buyers value it belowe that. Market is not better now than 4-6 months ago..

I know $90K is a little high but I did not want to sound like I was bashing the market.

thanks guys. Points well taken.

Not really interested in the black/ over red on eBay.

The seller is not doing it any justace as they have provided no information. Not digging the red interior.

I'll keep looking.

Dave

I personally think you are all taking a very short term view of the situation. I am old enough to have seen three of these " downturns" and they all end, hopefully this time, with the so called " money men " in the banks out of a job.

Hold on to your CT´s and watch in two years time !! Just my honest opinionion.

Oh and by the way I hope all the estate agents ( realators US) all remain bankrupt as it is them and the banks that hype it all up to start with, now at least they get what they deserve.