Can anyone tell me about this Countach?

LouisvilleLambo

Or look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Remember. The economy is down here in europe to in a big way making many buyers think twise, and the dollar is here in Norway up 25% (against the Nok) against what it was this summer making the potensial overseas buyers wery wery few on these cars. Might stop the flow of exotics out of the US..

I'm curious as to what this one will get bid to since it is a 2V carbed car with Euro bumpers like mine. With those crappy cell phone pics and weak description, I suspect it won't bring very much. You'd think if one planned to sell a $75k+ car on eBay, one would invest in a $200 8MP camera and post some decent pics. And what's up with those seat? Hopefully they are just sheep skins covers and the leather underneath is still good. Be careful.

I'm thinking were back where we were a few years back, which means this is a high $70's low 80's car.

may be you are right: in this case it could be a good buy

it could not go much lower than this and you can have some fun with it without wasting too much money

I really do not understand why anyone, would pay extra money, for a powerful factory engine in the Countach - aside from the Weber QV (if that is your thing).

In my opinion, unless you want the power of the 4V Weber, it makes no sense. Remember, you should baby the clutch, when you start in first gear. no drag racing.

My reason for this, is any modern car (yes even the latest Mustang), is going to run away from all Countach cars, on the top end. Why bother ?

Just enjoy the car on the back roads.

I'm curious as to what this one will get bid to since it is a 2V carbed car with Euro bumpers like mine. With those crappy cell phone pics and weak description, I suspect it won't bring very much. You'd think if one planned to sell a $75k+ car on eBay, one would invest in a $200 8MP camera and post some decent pics. And what's up with those seat? Hopefully they are just sheep skins covers and the leather underneath is still good. Be careful.

I am really turned off, when no engine pics are posted.

Even a broken down 912, usually comes with an engine pic.

Who is going to pay 75K+, without more details ?

when they don't provide any decent information, you become concerned about the rest of the story.

Yes, I think we all agree to lack of content and images. If he does not care that much on representing something he/she is selling then how well did they take care of the car?

The white car is a buy at $75k right now. That is what the car is worth. If you buy it for $115 k then you are paying retail for the car. Depends on if you want to buy the car for retail or wholesale. I bet the dealer does not have more than $85k into the car with the motor out service...if they own it (not a consignment car).

This is where these discussions usually fall apart. Some are speaking in terms of wholesale others retail, the lines get blurry and nothing makes sense anymore. The numbers that I quote are what I would pay.

The black car might be good, like any other, you'd have to go see it and ppi it.

If the interior is no good but everything else is then just have the seats redone.

Clutches last a lot longer on the 2V cars which is a nice plus.

Wonder if the seller of the black CT is a casualty to todays 0-value stocks, and was worth a lot before. He has another car for sale too. A 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB!!!

100_4802.jpg

damn, that is a real Ferrari !

My (guess), is some people are trying to unload these, before they become worth 5 to 800K.

The black car might be good, like any other, you'd have to go see it and ppi it.

If the interior is no good but everything else is then just have the seats redone.

Clutches last a lot longer on the 2V cars which is a nice plus.

It will be interesting to see where it ends up (black/red). Carfax shows it had 12,563 miles in 1989....and today 8,900....?

Would like to see engine pics though...emailed him 2 days ago and no reply yet.

Brian

It will be interesting to see where it ends up (black/red). Carfax shows it had 12,563 miles in 1989....and today 8,900....?

Would like to see engine pics though...emailed him 2 days ago and no reply yet.

Brian

MVDs often report the odometer reading in km as miles. They just don't know how to handle kms.

Wonder if the seller of the black CT is a casualty to todays 0-value stocks, and was worth a lot before. He has another car for sale too. A 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB!!!

Now I'm calling BS. Guys that own $1.5M Ferraris don't sell them on eBay, especially with those crappy pics.

Hey Dave, you'd look good in a Countach ! Your not going to see any 170 mph blasts in a short distance :) with one, but cool cars otherwise.

Man, one of these days I will own a Countach and not drive it, much. I just like to drive my cars too much to own a garage queen. Posters are cheaper!