01.11.2009 Detroit Motorshow

a007apl

Is it for 100% sure that SV will be AWD? I still hope so much that it will be RWD. SV needs to be special, just like Diablo GT.

90% it will be AWD. but than agian who knows. i will only know this Wednesday afterwhich I will post all the specs and photos.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that this spy shots are shots of successor of murciélago....

Allegedly....

... i will only know this Wednesday afterwhich I will post all the specs and photos.

Good luck getting out alive with pictures and all the specs. :)

Good luck getting out alive with pictures and all the specs. :)

^

+1

I seriously doubt there is much of a market for the RWD. I keep seeing posts from those here who hope they come out with one, but that's very different from those who will actually write a check for one. When you look at total LP640s sold in the US, it's not a big number relative to the G. While I see the line extension in limited edition cars, we're still talking about very small numbers. If you REALLY want a RWD, go down to your nearest dealer and give them a large check that is conditional on Lamborghini building the car. If the market actually exists, they would then be more likely to build it. One of the real tricks in the marketing department is separating those who make demands that they build something who don't have the means to buy the car, and those who will actually step up and write a check. The Versace cars didn't exactly fly out the door either yet there were a lot of posts saying it too was cool. A stripped out LP that could end up less comfortable than my car doesn't appeal to me.

SV needs to be special, just like Diablo GT.

Not too special, the Diablo GT is not street legal in some countries imho this would affect sales. Special like a Diablo SE30 mixed with the GT would be more appropriate :)

I hear the price is going to be a good 30-40% more than the LP640 which imo is crazy.

I hear the price is going to be a good 30-40% more than the LP640 which imo is crazy.

For that price SV needs to offer something really special. Lambo have launched overpriced Reventon, now SV will be so pricey. I do think that it is good way for Lambo.

Wow, that's huge. Especially when we know that (most likely):

It will not be RWD

It will not have a huge HP increase (20-30 hp?)

It will not offer a significant redesign of the body

It will not be significantly lighter (50-100kg at most)

It will be mechanically identical to a normal LP640, maybe except a few light engine mods

So that leaves us with a few body tweaks, maybe special interior, a slight hp bump, and a little lighter. Oh, and maybe a special color scheme and a wing!

My expectations are low for this one, so I'm hoping for a surprise and that my assumptions are wrong!

"I have the same info...

but a few things to add

Special edition only 100 units will be produced world wide

will be called the SV

AWD still

body changes closer to the Reventon

Rear wing, two styles optional

lighter weight

a few more HP

Approx retail cost $500K "

If they reprogram the ECU for a bit more power and faster shifting it may be possiable to have std LP640 reflashed just a thought?

Russell

If they reprogram the ECU for a bit more power and faster shifting it may be possiable to have std LP640 reflashed just a thought?

Russell

Surely the stock LP640 can be reflashed. EDO Competition, DMS Automotive have done it.

Surely the stock LP640 can be reflashed. EDO Competition, DMS Automotive have done it.

Yes but it would be nice if a Lambo dealer could do it and still retain the warrantee.

Russell

Approx retail cost $500K "

That is a bit over the top to be honest. With such paltry changes and or designs, i would THINK, they would try and keep it closer to the 400K rather than 500K. Unless Lamborghini is attempting to pull another "Reventon" stunt, by rebadging and renaming an already established and designed car, and pull astronomically high margins to pad their pockets off of niave people with money.

Who knows, but we'll find out at Geneva no doubt.

That is a bit over the top to be honest. With such paltry changes and or designs, i would THINK, they would try and keep it closer to the 400K rather than 500K. Unless Lamborghini is attempting to pull another "Reventon" stunt, by rebadging and renaming an already established and designed car, and pull astronomically high margins to pad their pockets off of niave people with money.

Who knows, but we'll find out at Geneva no doubt.

because they would never do that :rolleyes:

versace edition

Yes but it would be nice if a Lambo dealer could do it and still retain the warrantee.

Russell

Sadly they will never do it and leave a bump in performance for their next facelift