Miura's on the market?

silver1331

I was under the impressiomn that no SVJ are around accept for the one that Bob Wallace was commisioned to build but in the end was not approved by the factory?

I was under the impressiomn that no SVJ are around accept for the one that Bob Wallace was commisioned to build but in the end was not approved by the factory?

one jota built by Bob Wallace and destroied

few SVJ from factory (5-6 cars )

more replica or modified miuras as SVJ or Jota replica (there is one in UK that is not official but VERY close to the real deal)

Extremely rare Miura SVJ for sale here, #4892

More pictures

According to wickepedia:

Once customers heard about the Jota, they requested their own "Jota". Lamborghini could not justify the expense of building a series of Jotas, so they offered an upgraded SV model instead. This model, known as the SV/J, featured upgrades to the engine, suspension components, exterior and interior.

Of the five examples of the Miura SV/J built by the factory while the Miura was still in production, two were built new (chassis #5090 and #5100) and three were converted from existing SVs (chassis #4934, #4860 & #4990). All of these still exist. Chassis #5100 is however the only SVJ to feature the dry sump lubrication system as per the mechanics of the original Jota #5084. Further Miuras were subsequently upgraded to SVJ specifications (trying to imitate the real factory SVJs) by various garages of Switzerland, USA and Japan

If wickepedia is correct I would infer the chassis# 4892 is not a factory original. If so what would the value be as compared to a factory original??

Of the five examples of the Miura SV/J built by the factory while the Miura was still in production, two were built new (chassis #5090 and #5100) and three were converted from existing SVs (chassis #4934, #4860 & #4990). All of these still exist. Chassis #5100 is however the only SVJ to feature the dry sump lubrication system as per the mechanics of the original Jota #5084. Further Miuras were subsequently upgraded to SVJ specifications (trying to imitate the real factory SVJs) by various garages of Switzerland, USA and Japan

If wickepedia is correct I would infer the chassis# 4892 is not a factory original. If so what would the value be as compared to a factory original??

According to the Lamborghini Registry, the factory actually produced six SVJs, one of which is indeed #4892.

one jota built by Bob Wallace and destroied

few SVJ from factory (5-6 cars )

more replica or modified miuras as SVJ or Jota replica (there is one in UK that is not official but VERY close to the real deal)

I was speaking with the Lambo Factory tech who has been with the factory since the 80's and he said that Bob Wallace stillhas the car, maybe he has not been updated?

According to the Lamborghini Registry, the factory actually produced six SVJs, one of which is indeed #4892.

"A sixth SV/J was built at the Lamborghini factory between 1983 and 1987 from an unused Miura S chassis. This was made for the brother of Patrick Mimram, then owner of Lamborghini"

Is this the chassis you refer to??

"A sixth SV/J was built at the Lamborghini factory between 1983 and 1987 from an unused Miura S chassis. This was made for the brother of Patrick Mimram, then owner of Lamborghini"

Is this the chassis you refer to??

Nope, I think that's #4088.

I was speaking with the Lambo Factory tech who has been with the factory since the 80's and he said that Bob Wallace stillhas the car, maybe he has not been updated?

who is the tec? i believe the jota was never in possesion of Wallace, he had the chance to worck on some projects while worcking for lamborghnini but these cars were all factory owned

i am sure the car was sold way before the 80's (1972 around)

the real jota, sold by factory to an italian customer, was later destroied by owner, not long after he bought it, rumors are the engine of the jota car was later put on a regular SV miura

According to wickepedia:

Once customers heard about the Jota, they requested their own "Jota". Lamborghini could not justify the expense of building a series of Jotas, so they offered an upgraded SV model instead. This model, known as the SV/J, featured upgrades to the engine, suspension components, exterior and interior.

all SVJ are different one from the others: body and interior differences most

engine upgrades were usually an open exhaust and a carbs tune up so there were no big differnces btw a good SV Vs SVJ performance

some SV also were delivered with special tuned engine and sport exhaust

The car cought fire and got totaled. The engine however... :eusa_shhh:

The car cought fire and got totaled. The engine however... :eusa_shhh:

yep, as i said 3 posts ago RUMORS are that the engine was put on a SV miura, now owned by a major collector in Europe

there is a letter signed by Wallace himself confirming it

yep, as i said 3 posts ago RUMORS are that the engine was put on a SV miura, now owned by a major collector in Europe

there is a letter signed by Wallace himself confirming it

Haha, sorry Emilio, I had this thread open so long your replies weren't here when I posted :icon_mrgreen:

Haha, sorry Emilio, I had this thread open so long your replies weren't here when I posted :icon_mrgreen:

all in good fun :icon_thumleft: