L-power Wish list!! objects you want and desire

Guest skokos

Guest skokos

Ok. Heres a new one since I had such a wonderful response on the last home I posted :icon_mrgreen:

I have been loving this house. right against the mountain in Sandy,Utah

post-6316-1253471057_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471158_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471195_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471239_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471403_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471480_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253471578_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253472003_thumb.jpg

post-6316-1253472066_thumb.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Heres a new one since I had such a wonderful response on the last home I posted :icon_mrgreen:

I have been loving this house. right against the mountain in Sandy,Utah

Ah we seemed to have found the Karma break through. For what you attract in women your taste in houses truly blows. And sucks with equal measure.

Right now my life requires.

NYC

Malibu

Not too in your face yacht

Cruise around

In your face yacht

Vineyard one

Vineyard two

Vineyard three - Not so nice house but I have checked the driveway for this place on Bing maps and I figure I could build something better up there

Vineyard four.

R+R place, put in an underground lair.

Skokos has excellent taste in homes IMO, he likes classically-based architecture, you guys are all into that modernist stuff. And classical does not have to mean girlish or something your grandma would want, you can definitely have very masculine classical interior design and architecture.

I love these homes:

http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/French%2...tate%20plan.htm

http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/venetian...y_home_plan.htm

And of course Donald Trump's Mar a Lago estate is among my favorite:

mar-a-lago-inside.jpg

Mara-Lago back in 1967:

Mar-a-Lago,_Living_Room_looking_southwest_(1967).jpg

I can't find any pictures, but Trump's apartment at the top of Trump Tower is fricking amazing as well.

And of course Clive Christian's interior design: http://www.clive.com/furniture/slideshow.html

Guest skokos

capt_chaos,Suck it..I dont want to live in a remodeled gymnasium that stills smells like 1950's ball sweat :thefinger: :icon_butt:

WheelsRcool,Thank you very much,and if I ever acquire one of this fine classically-based architectural estates I will for sure invite you over for mojitos and women ;)

Skokos has excellent taste in homes IMO, he likes classically-based architecture, you guys are all into that modernist stuff. And classical does not have to mean girlish or something your grandma would want, you can definitely have very masculine classical interior design and architecture.

I agree with Capt. Caos.

No offense, but the interior of that house skokos showed is just tacky. Looks really cheap. I could easily show homes (brick built, not wood) that aren't THAT big but are more beautiful.

This isn't classically based interior, again I could show you better examples.

WheelsRcool,Thank you very much,and if I ever acquire one of this fine classically-based architectural estates I will for sure invite you over for mojitos and women ;)

:):):):icon_thumleft:

I agree with Capt. Caos.

No offense, but the interior of that house skokos showed is just tacky. Looks really cheap. I could easily show homes (brick built, not wood) that aren't THAT big but are more beautiful.

This isn't classically based interior, again I could show you better examples.

Well I was thinking more the exterior designs and the interior on the one home, the latter has a so-so interior I admit. However, I don't see anything special about the designs Capt Chaos showed either, no offense.

Most of the US mansions built in the classical styles are kitchy imo, with the ones posted here as a perfect example. I prefer the real deal, French chateaux & Villas:

http://www.lux-residence.com/en/sale/chate...E-9A4DF7215616/

http://www.lux-residence.com/en/sale/propr...C-B21C009C2ECC/

http://www.lux-residence.com/en/sale/chate...8-0EF389177303/

http://www.lux-residence.com/en/sale/propr...B-366D2013A864/

Gil (BeachBummed)'s recently sold Murcielago

That thing was soo trick! Such a clean car!! He did a great job with it

BTW Gil, I know Ive said it a thousand times but thanks again for the ride through Mexico and then to PCB, good times!

post-16081-1253507695_thumb.jpg

post-16081-1253507728_thumb.jpg

post-16081-1253507797_thumb.jpg

post-16081-1253507822_thumb.jpg

post-16081-1253508269_thumb.jpg

Guest skokos
thats nice skokos. wahts the going rate on those mansions? since its utah and all im assuming pretty cheap

Its 11,500 sq/ft..listed 6 months ago for 3.1 million. Its going to a bank foreclosure auction next week and looks like the bank will sell for 1.7

Its 11,500 sq/ft..listed 6 months ago for 3.1 million. Its going to a bank foreclosure auction next week and looks like the bank will sell for 1.7

DAMN son! Almost half price. Somebody's going to STEAL that house

The way I see it is that those houses are trying to be something that they are not, something they have no genuine connection or lineage to. Therefore they just look kitschy and fake, which imo will age terribly. Mediterranean style house in America?

Bit like the advert I saw in a mag the other day "Real New York Flavour Hot Dogs" underneath in small print "made in Poland".

I like traditional architecture that is reflective of its roots and locale. I love this place Click

Certainly I would update the interior and make the house heat and cool more efficiently but I would do so to make sympathic to the exterior. The aesthetics as whole are truly classical and it still looks good today after being on that plot for years.

R024-Bordeaux-Vineyard-for-sale.jpg

Will the Utah/LA modern mansions which try to hark back to mimic buildings in another continent look good in another decade or so?

Time will tell.

But each to their own and I am not judging anyone for their opinion etc.

I really like this place in Utah Click

Good use of wood, stone and glass to give good views. Furnishing not great but with views like that I would not want to inhibit the horizon with chunky gaudy frames and silly beige cornice.

What is the area like Rob?

It is extremely difficult to reproduce classic architecture. But when done right, it pays off. The key is understated elegance delivered with the best materials and the most skillful craftsmanship. Here's a renovated condo for sale recently in Nob Hill, San Francisco. Nothing extravagant, but it is one of the most elegantly finished interior I've seen.

post-7412-1253566146_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1253566162_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1253566171_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1253566180_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1253566209_thumb.jpg

post-7412-1253566235_thumb.jpg

Architectural designs from other countries works fine in America as long as the weather ir proper. For example, an English home or French chateau design in New York or Maine let's say works well. A Meditarrean home in one of these areas does not fit.

Similarly, a French chateau in the middle of Texas probably doesn't fit, just as a Texas ranch in the South of France probably wouldn't fit either :)

A Mediterrean home in California would work well, so would a chateau.

BTW, not all of these homes are one specific design. Some are combinations of French chateau and Mediterranean architecture, for example.

Along with mixed architecture, people also mix up interior design. Much of interior design isn't one specific culture, it is a mixture.

In terms of architecture, I see nothing wrong with mixing up architectural designs or mixing up interior designs, or pure architectures in areas where they seem out of place if that's what the person really wants, BUT make sure the architecture is the real thing.

Like don't build a home that "looks" like a French chateau, build a real French chateau. French architecture is the most expensive to build, but you can have it done.

And then put in real antiques of furniture, or you can have exact reproduction furniture done as well. Don't have a home that "looks" like a chateau on the outside, but then inside has cheap interior architecture.

Such a home will last and last and last and a few hundred years down the road still be standing, and be classic, and the reproduction furniture in it (which is real furniture, just built in modern times instead of the 17th century say) will be antique by then too.

One really out-of-place building is a Chinese entrepreneur who built an exact copy of the White House for himself in China. The Chinese government raised hell with him over that, but he said he'd move out and take his $$$ with him.

Things I sleep and dream about, and desire.

porsche-993.jpg

924 GTR

924_CARRERA_GTR.jpg

999R

2005999r.lftfrt.f16.jpg

ZXR250 (only dream because it's not legal in the states)

Kawasaki%20ZXR250%2093.jpg

Limited edition Sport 1000

Ducati%20Sport%201000S%20Limited%20Editi

And of course, an espada

lamborghini-espada1.jpg

And an Urraco

lamborghini_urraco_12.jpg

Things I sleep and dream about, and desire.

And of course, an espada

lamborghini-espada1.jpg

:icon_thumleft:

I like the Urraco too, but the Espada's a freaking supercar limousine. It's one of a kind.

Architectural designs from other countries works fine in America as long as the weather ir proper. For example, an English home or French chateau design in New York or Maine let's say works well. A Meditarrean home in one of these areas does not fit.

Similarly, a French chateau in the middle of Texas probably doesn't fit, just as a Texas ranch in the South of France probably wouldn't fit either :)

A Mediterrean home in California would work well, so would a chateau.

BTW, not all of these homes are one specific design. Some are combinations of French chateau and Mediterranean architecture, for example.

Along with mixed architecture, people also mix up interior design. Much of interior design isn't one specific culture, it is a mixture.

In terms of architecture, I see nothing wrong with mixing up architectural designs or mixing up interior designs, or pure architectures in areas where they seem out of place if that's what the person really wants, BUT make sure the architecture is the real thing.

Like don't build a home that "looks" like a French chateau, build a real French chateau. French architecture is the most expensive to build, but you can have it done.

And then put in real antiques of furniture, or you can have exact reproduction furniture done as well. Don't have a home that "looks" like a chateau on the outside, but then inside has cheap interior architecture.

Such a home will last and last and last and a few hundred years down the road still be standing, and be classic, and the reproduction furniture in it (which is real furniture, just built in modern times instead of the 17th century say) will be antique by then too.

One really out-of-place building is a Chinese entrepreneur who built an exact copy of the White House for himself in China. The Chinese government raised hell with him over that, but he said he'd move out and take his $$$ with him.

Visually I agree, main challenge is the authenticity due to the materials used and the way it has aged. It's also nice to have some history to the property which adds to the value. However for the money the homes in the US imo are unbeatable and most of the time in the UK the prices are high due to the land it's on rather than the home itself.