FS: Optimus!

D.Wiggs

I can't look at stock Ram after those pics.

So how fast do the cars scurry away on the freeway when they see THIS coming up on them?

You should see the smoke this thing can make...it is hilarious. I can't wait to shoot some videos.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't look at stock Ram after those pics.

So how fast do the cars scurry away on the freeway when they see THIS coming up on them?

They move VERY quickly! :lol2:

Guest Rob Burgundy

Good GOD! How would I even put a car seat in this thing!! :lol2:

This would make a great toy hauler...

Guest Rob Burgundy
Going to take videos now!

:icon_super: :icon_super:

Does this truck have a manual trans?

6-speed of course! You know my vehicles have 3 pedals!

Weather was absolute shit but took a few quick videos and some pictures.

I need to upload and process them.

Here are some of the pics. I met up with Paul at the UHaul place where I store my trailer. You can see the small, drop-down hitch I use for smaller trailers is attached. You can also see the air-horn lanyard (Lambo) as well as the switch for video override and selecting rear camera or trailer camera (when attached). You can see the amp rack cover isn't back in place; I changed a fuse and didn't put it all the way back yet when I snapped the pic. You can also see the steps that drop down automatically when you open a door.

The gauges on the A-pillar are boost, post-turbo EGT and fuel pressure. Above the mirror is pre-turbo boost EGT and rail pressure.

Videos will be up later this evening.

Silly question wiggs...but have you ever Vboxed optimus??? For some totally weird reason i was driving home thinking about optimus making 1000hp and 1600lbft and just wonder what the 0-60 would be. power to weight ratio is probably what...7:1?

awesome truck needless to say...any bites on the sale?

Silly question wiggs...but have you ever Vboxed optimus??? For some totally weird reason i was driving home thinking about optimus making 1000hp and 1600lbft and just wonder what the 0-60 would be. power to weight ratio is probably what...7:1?

awesome truck needless to say...any bites on the sale?

No, never have. Power to weight is 10:1.

A few bites on the sale. I have an offer if I NEED to take it, but am just seeing what else is out there. It was a fun project truck that's for sure.

Ill start the bidding @ $8.00

Cash, check , or charge?

Ill start the bidding @ $8.00

That is over the reserve of $6.00...

That is one ugly truck David. Good luck with the sale.

Just because it clashes with yellow shoes does not make it ugly! :lol2:

Wiggs, did you previously use an airbag hitch on Optimus? I could have sworn you did, any reason you don't appear to be using it anymore?

Wiggs, did you previously use an airbag hitch on Optimus? I could have sworn you did, any reason you don't appear to be using it anymore?

I do. It's in the trailer. I was using a small motorcycle trailer that takes a 2" ball, not a 2 5/16" ball.

Class 6 SP hitch. 25,000lb. capacity, 2500lb. tongue weight.

That is one ugly truck David. Good luck with the sale.

What do you consider good looking in the truck department?

I do. It's in the trailer. I was using a small motorcycle trailer that takes a 2" ball, not a 2 5/16" ball.

Class 6 SP hitch. 25,000lb. capacity, 2500lb. tongue weight.

Thank you! In your opinion do you notice a difference with it?

Thank you! In your opinion do you notice a difference with it?

Jesus! The difference is HUGE. When you tow with a regular hitch, all of the weight and vibrations are transferred because you have steel on steel.

With the air ride hitch, the airbag not only prevents that transmission, but it completely smooths out all of the bumps. I can leave a spray bottle on the counter in the trailer and it won't even fall over after a trip from Columbus to Pittsburgh over hilly, bumpy roads. You don't hear anything going over bumps and it is so overengineered that the safety factor makes it worth while on its own.

It's expensive as balls (about $2200 as I have it kitted out) but worth every penny.

The only other downside, it's 150lbs.!!!! And it's akward to carry. I do not enjoy taking it off and putting it back on.

Jesus! The difference is HUGE. When you tow with a regular hitch, all of the weight and vibrations are transferred because you have steel on steel.

With the air ride hitch, the airbag not only prevents that transmission, but it completely smooths out all of the bumps. I can leave a spray bottle on the counter in the trailer and it won't even fall over after a trip from Columbus to Pittsburgh over hilly, bumpy roads. You don't hear anything going over bumps and it is so overengineered that the safety factor makes it worth while on its own.

It's expensive as balls (about $2200 as I have it kitted out) but worth every penny.

The only other downside, it's 150lbs.!!!! And it's akward to carry. I do not enjoy taking it off and putting it back on.

I've been thinking about one, but haven't seen one around here. 2200 is much cheaper than....well an accident :lol2:

I cannot believe that they are 150lbs!!!! I figured 70 at most!

Thanks again!

I've been thinking about one, but haven't seen one around here. 2200 is much cheaper than....well an accident :lol2:

I cannot believe that they are 150lbs!!!! I figured 70 at most!

Thanks again!

It depends on the Class. A class IV is about 70lbs.

Class 5 about 90, Class 6 is about 125, and the SP (extra long receiver bar for use on RVs) is 150 because of the extra steel.