Anybody looking for a GSL under 150K??

Kisco

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking at several right now and thats the price. Actually the wholesale numbers I got were in the 130-145 range for 2000 mi or less cars.

YIKES! At this rate of depreciation, how low will the G go? Is the $50k G far off or will they level out before they go that far?

YIKES! At this rate of depreciation, how low will the G go? Is the $50k G far off or will they level out before they go that far?

say it ain't so! :crybaby2:

Every thread I see I get more shocked and feel sorry for you amercians. The euro is at an all time high and US demand is much less than previous years, this should easily be calculated that used cars values go up! I mean, WTF come on?!

There is going to be a bottom somewhere. Its a matter of where and when. Some car will rebound, other won't. I don't see anything with big production numbers rebounding.

Why is this price a surprise, as kane mentioned we saw several sub-$150k G-SLs a month ago. There are multiple 2007 Neras on ebay right now below $130k...

The bottom is nowhere near close to being discovered yet. 2006 G-cars will go below $100k shortly, and the first batches of 2009 LP560s will hit the saecondary market at $150k within this calendar year.

Look out belowwwwwwww

Why is this price a surprise, as kane mentioned we saw several sub-$150k G-SLs a month ago.

The bottom is nowhere near close to being discovered yet. 2006 G-cars will go below $100k shortly, and the first batches of 2009 LP560s will hit the market at $150k within this calendar year.

Look out belowwwwwwww

A $150k 560 would make an excellent M6 replacement.

Why is this price a surprise, as kane mentioned we saw several sub-$150k G-SLs a month ago. There are multiple 2007 Neras on ebay right now below $130k...

The bottom is nowhere near close to being discovered yet. 2006 G-cars will go below $100k shortly, and the first batches of 2009 LP560s will hit the saecondary market at $150k within this calendar year.

Look out belowwwwwwww

I hope for all you guys sake that you're wrong buddy.

Nah, I think thats pretty right on. The numbers I got on a LP560 with 500 miles was 175K. Thats what someone would write you a check for. Real numbers. So 150K for those cars might not be all that far off.

The problem is that Lamborghini has built too many Gallardo's, came out with the 560 too soon after the SL release and now is building too many 560's that are already priced too high. And the behind the scenes problem is Audi wants them to be Ferrari and they are not. They are pushing them to make too many cars. One of the key marketing aspects of Lamborghini has always been exclusive and rare. They are far from that now.

Nah, I think thats pretty right on. The numbers I got on a LP560 with 500 miles was 175K. Thats what someone would write you a check for. Real numbers. So 150K for those cars might not be all that far off.

The problem is that Lamborghini has built too many Gallardo's, came out with the 560 too soon after the SL release and now is building too many 560's that are already priced too high. And the behind the scenes problem is Audi wants them to be Ferrari and they are not. They are pushing them to make too many cars. One of the key marketing aspects of Lamborghini has always been exclusive and rare. They are far from that now.

:iamwithstupid:

Spot on. The 560 coupe production was way out of hand, with dealers getting their usual two demo cars PLUS forced allocation...even though 08 G-SLs were still sitting unsold on the lot. :shock:

Lamborghini Dallas has 2 G SL's (both orange egear) with 500 miles and 1500 miles both priced buy it now at 150k

If prices keep falling, you can kiss Lamborghini and other exotic cars goodbye. I don't see how a dealer/manufacturer can continue to sell a $250K product that loses $75K to $100K of value in a year or so. Very few people would buy a car knowing that. These are all production cars, so normal depreciation is to be expected. But this is nuts.

If prices keep falling, you can kiss Lamborghini and other exotic cars goodbye. I don't see how a dealer/manufacturer can continue to sell a $250K product that loses $75K to $100K of value in a year or so. Very few people would buy a car knowing that. These are all production cars, so normal depreciation is to be expected. But this is nuts.

I think it's going to start leveling out.

Lamborghini Dallas has 2 G SL's (both orange egear) with 500 miles and 1500 miles both priced buy it now at 150k

Well, what are you waiting for?? :icon_mrgreen:

Aren't you looking for a G?

Here is a situation that occurred on a couple of popular exotics in the last couple years. Now, I do know the economic situation is much different at this time, which may make this all irrelevant in today's market.

The Porsche CGT brought huge premiums when it first arrived. The premium over MSRP disappeared, and this caused many people to cancel their order with their dealer. This left an abundance of unsold inventory. Dealers got a little help from Porsche to bring their cost to about $411k for CGT in inventory. Quite a few dealers sold their cars at a loss in the 390-400 range to get rid of them. Once these cars were sold, then the prices went back up a little. Otherwise, no more new inventory ever.

The Ford GT followed a very similar path to the CGT. There is one big factor that also attributed to these market trends{unlike Lambo and ferrari's}, that is no longer the case. That is, there was overseas demand with a weak dollar overseas. With no overseas market left, and a weak economy, these cars were one of the last to succumb to decreasing values.

Out of all the exotics, the Gallardo has more activity right now than other exotic out there. There are quite a few of these cars being sold as we speak. When that happens, a baseline price is established for a vehicle. Everyone wants to buy when the market is at the lowest level possible. The Gallardo, even at “tens of thousands” more dollars was still a great "Bang for the Buck" in the exotic world. It's exotic, fast, comfortable, reliable, and will make an average driver look great because of its excellent handling characteristics.

This brings me to the original post about the Gallardo Superleggera. These are 250k MSRP cars that were selling for MSRP. Now you can buy sub 1k mile cars for 150k, and people are waiting for them to get cheaper. Those people that just recently purchased these “divebombing valued SL’s” felt comfortable enough with their economic situation at this time to buy one of these cars. What happens when the dealers sell their remaining inventory {that had huge incentives from the factory}? Say an SL owner thinks he wants to trade his SL. What is he going to buy for 150k to replace it? A 2005 or 06 F-430 coupe? I don’t think so. Is it going to be worth $60-80k to trade for a new 560? I don’t think so. Now people think they can buy a slightly used 560 for 175K. Find me one out there. Realistically 190-200K. That is 50k more than the SL for a 560{ that has not been proven mechanically}. I know from experience, there is a huge gap in the amount of people that can spend 200k on a vehicle, as opposed to 150K. 150k seems to be a major cutoff point in selling exotics.

I do feel the SL is a special Gallardo. It was the last year in the Gallardo era. It’s lighter, more powerful along with many standard features that were optional on regular Gallardos, and some features that just were not even available. Take a close look at the SL's standard equipment list, and you will see it is no ordinary Gallardo{although I hate the stripe}.The SL has almost a “cultish” following among owners and enthusiasts, which I believe is well deserved.

While none of us have a “Crystal ball” when it comes to values, I still believe the SL is worth at least 135K a year from now{with decent miles}. How many cars{regardless of price} can you drive for 10% depreciation in year?

My thoughts are if you want an SL buy it now, while there is still a supply of them out there. You’ll be glad you did!

Just my two cents.