Al Burtoni Exhaust vs ...?

the5th

Hey guys,

first time post here, good forum you have. Im looking at a Diablo that has the Al Burtoni exhaust and Im curious what people think of it. Ive read fairly mixed reviews on the man himself and his other products, havent heard much about the exhaust. If a Diablo already has the AB exhaust on it, is it good enough, or is it worth spending thousands more for a Capristo or Kriesseg or ? How does it sound compared to others?

Al Burtoni exhaust is period...point blank... without a doubt.... THE BIGGEST POS EXHAUST made. You are better off going to Muffler House.

Al Burtoni exhaust is period...point blank... without a doubt.... THE BIGGEST POS EXHAUST made. You are better off going to Muffler House.

Allan,

Thanks for the response. Ive found the AB exhuast to be an odd pieve, love it or hate it sort of thing. Ive heard people say its the best one there is. When you say its the biggest POS, is it just really poor quality? not well made?

I had his "bad boy exhaust" on my Diablo SV and thought it was great. This exhaust deleted the secondary cats and no muffler. Sounded great!

I can't comment on Al Burtoni's exhaust in regards to performance gains, exhaust note or technical design but I will tell you that real aftermarket performance exhausts are made of either 300 series stainless steel, 600 series Inconel or titanium. Al Burtoni's exhausts are made of aluminumized steel which is absolute garbage. You can find the same quality steel on a bone-stock GM product, why the hell would someone want to put something like that on a Lamborghini? You may use Wal-Mart oil in your V12 engine is you're going to go with garbage.

Allan,

Thanks for the response. Ive found the AB exhuast to be an odd pieve, love it or hate it sort of thing. Ive heard people say its the best one there is. When you say its the biggest POS, is it just really poor quality? not well made?

Think cherry bombs and muffler house.

Let me give you my honest opinion and please dont get offended but it is junk, get rid of it. Good exhaust would be Quicksilver, MS Racing and Larini. Al Burtoni from what I understand does not exist anymore and there must be a reason to that. Whatever the case, get rid of it. I've done a lot of R&D on exhaust and I know what I'm speaking about.

This is sooo wrong. I don't know how you could insinuate, that "The Godfather" would you use questionable(cheap) materials or lie, or scam, or bullshit anybody??

img145_edited_1.jpg

What is the deal with this guy? Doesn't he, or claim to, deliver 500+hp Ct's...... :eusa_think:

Im guessing he's not popular in the US then??

thanks for the input guys. normally i would just wait to hear it myself, but the car im buying is going through a couple minor fixes at the dealer before its shipped out, valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket, paint chips etc. they sent me an email yesterday asking if i wanted them to ceramic coat the exhaust for 200 dollars. im trying to decide if its worth it to spend 200 and then leave the exhaust in the car, or spend thousands more on a capristo or something. i figured any aftermarket exhaust would satisfy my sound requirements, but Im thinking twice based on what you guys are saying.

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

thanks for the input guys. normally i would just wait to hear it myself, but the car im buying is going through a couple minor fixes at the dealer before its shipped out, valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket, paint chips etc. they sent me an email yesterday asking if i wanted them to ceramic coat the exhaust for 200 dollars. im trying to decide if its worth it to spend 200 and then leave the exhaust in the car, or spend thousands more on a capristo or something. i figured any aftermarket exhaust would satisfy my sound requirements, but Im thinking twice based on what you guys are saying.
Do you see what I mean by Muffler House special. To be honest, if the car already has it, maybe just coat it and change those hideous exhaust pipes. if money is no issue...change that shit.

Sorry to tell you but that is NOT an Al Burtoni exhaust...that is not even close to the quality that the Burtoni exhaust looks like. Sorry bud, you do not have a Burtoni exhaust. You you have the Burtoni tag welded on it? That is not even the same size tubing he uses...

Someone did those in a barn...half ass...again, definitely NOT Al Burtoni's or any other true manufacturer. Someone just had some half ass do the straight pipes for the previous owner. Throw those out and buy a used exhaust online or buy a real exhaust from a real manufacturer.

funny how the DEALER wants to ceramic coat those for $200. Those pipes to make and install could not cost that much. I think the dealer has been sucking on those exhausts too long.

Someone did those in a barn...half ass...again, definitely NOT Al Burtoni's or any other true manufacturer. Someone just had some half ass do the straight pipes for the previous owner. Throw those out and buy a used exhaust online or buy a real exhaust from a real manufacturer.

interesting... al burtoni is just what i assumed he meant. i talked to the previous owner, and among many things he told me about the car was that it had a "sport exhaust" installed by "Milano" in Gilroy CA. He said the guy who did it was big big into Lamborghinis, very famous, knows what hes doing, etc. So after a quick google search, all this pointed to Al Burtoni. But maybe I have something else? I dont care either way, I was planning on doing exhaust anyway. Looks like i should still plan on doing it.

interesting... al burtoni is just what i assumed he meant. i talked to the previous owner, and among many things he told me about the car was that it had a "sport exhaust" installed by "Milano" in Gilroy CA. He said the guy who did it was big big into Lamborghinis, very famous, knows what hes doing, etc. So after a quick google search, all this pointed to Al Burtoni. But maybe I have something else? I dont care either way, I was planning on doing exhaust anyway. Looks like i should still plan on doing it.

is that your car in the avatar?

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Sorry to tell you but that is NOT an Al Burtoni exhaust...that is not even close to the quality that the Burtoni exhaust looks like. Sorry bud, you do not have a Burtoni exhaust. You you have the Burtoni tag welded on it? That is not even the same size tubing he uses...

Quality and Burtoni DO NOT GO together... he wants 6k for a NON stainless pos exhaust.... That exhaust sucks balls. it is bar none the WORST exhaust made for ANY lambo.

Quality and Burtoni DO NOT GO together... he wants 6k for a NON stainless pos exhaust.... That exhaust sucks balls. it is bar none the WORST exhaust made for ANY lambo.

6k for not SS??? that is plain crazy :lol2:

i will have an SS muffler made by ANSA for my diablo and looking for produce them at a fraction of 6k$....

Please take a look at the quality in the photos of that built and compare them to the MS Racing, Larinis, Quicksilver exhausts. They speak for themselves. It's obvious.

the5th, not a big deal, someone just went the inexpensive way and paid someone to weld a "sport exhaust" to save them money...meaning no muffler, and probably no second set of cats it appears. If you are on a budget you just look on ebay or start a new thread. I know someone that has a Tubbi Muffler for a 98 SV on here that they may sell to you and then you just need to spend $1,000 to get the secondary straight tubes to replace the secondary cats and your car will sound pretty good!

I agree with topcarbon, if that is your car in your avatar I would love to see some images as well!

the5th, not a big deal, someone just went the inexpensive way and paid someone to weld a "sport exhaust" to save them money...meaning no muffler, and probably no second set of cats it appears. If you are on a budget you just look on ebay or start a new thread. I know someone that has a Tubbi Muffler for a 98 SV on here that they may sell to you and then you just need to spend $1,000 to get the secondary straight tubes to replace the secondary cats and your car will sound pretty good!

I agree with topcarbon, if that is your car in your avatar I would love to see some images as well!

i guess for now ill just leave it in and test it out before making any decisions. if its a junky exhuast, which seems like a good possibility, i can replace it any time. i wish i had more experience with the different exhausts. even searching for youtube videos hasnt really been great for hearing the various systems.

and yes i will post pics soon. as soon as the car arrives which i suspect will be in a week or so, ill break out my good cam and take my own high rez pics and go through a more formal introduction. i hope to stick around this place for awhile to come!