Any Harley Owners???

D.Wiggs

I have a 2009 Rocker C that will be done with complete customization in about 3 weeks. Will post pics then!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be interesting to see. I'm still trying to get used to the looks, but I don't doubt a custom would look sweet.

There might be a VRod in my future, I've been wanting to do a custom one; but I'm still in my sport bike stage now. My dad may be picking up a Dyna model soon.

I had a GSXR-1000 about 7 years ago and it justw asn't for me. I definitely am more of a 'chopper' guy. I love the Rocker C. I did the Heartland rear seat and fender conversion which gets rids of teh awfule gap under the stock seat. Black inverted fork kit, custom wheels, exhaust, 103 big bore kit, flush mount gauges, arlen ness bars in black, LEDs everywhere, 260 rear tire, etc. etc. It's going to be black on black on black! BIG SURPRISE!!!! :lol2:

The Arlen Ness bars should do wonders for it. I think that is my biggest gripe with the bike, aside from the huge gap on the passenger seats.

Can't wait to see it!

The Arlen Ness bars should do wonders for it. I think that is my biggest gripe with the bike, aside from the huge gap on the passenger seats.

Can't wait to see it!

They have. it has 5" more pull back and sit about 2" lower. really gives it the 'sweeping' effect.

I had a GSXR-1000 about 7 years ago and it justw asn't for me. I definitely am more of a 'chopper' guy. I love the Rocker C. I did the Heartland rear seat and fender conversion which gets rids of teh awfule gap under the stock seat. Black inverted fork kit, custom wheels, exhaust, 103 big bore kit, flush mount gauges, arlen ness bars in black, LEDs everywhere, 260 rear tire, etc. etc. It's going to be black on black on black! BIG SURPRISE!!!! :lol2:

Sounds really cool... I grew up with bikes but haven't had one in years. I love the looks of those though, can't wait to see pics of yours.

I know. I missed having a bike fro a long time but knew crotch rockets were for the kiddies.

I owned a VRSCE2 V-Rod and ran great for two months and then it ran like s**t after. Returned it to the dealership and they had it for almost two weeks trying to figure out why it kept running like ass. In the end I sold it and I didn't care for the monetary loss, I was just happy to get rid of it. It rode like a dream and was fun but nowhere near as reliable as a Japanese bike. I bought it for well over $30,000 and sold it for $18,000 with only 16,000km on it. Sounds biased as I'm Japanese but for something with a Porsche designed engine it had Taiwanese build quality.

There might be a VRod in my future, I've been wanting to do a custom one; but I'm still in my sport bike stage now. My dad may be picking up a Dyna model soon.

If you think crotch rockets are for kiddies then you're just too scared to let your knee down during a turn. My Aprilia has blown the doors off every single car I've raced, including two local Murcielagos and a Carrera GT. I can take the turns with a lean angle that scrapes my footpegs. Choppers can't handle for s**t. They're only good for touring and cruising.

I know. I missed having a bike fro a long time but knew crotch rockets were for the kiddies.

Choppers can't handle for s**t. They're only good for touring and cruising.

Duh... :eusa_wall:

Well...yeh..

I love Harleys and own Two of them, a late model Heritage and a 1960 Panhead, Two very different animals.

Currently looking to add an antique Indian to my garage...

I do have a short list of desired sport bikes I want to own one they though, Honda RC-45, Yamaha R7 (not to be confused with the POS R1/R6) and a Ducati 888... Don't see myself riding them nearly as hard as I used to though..

i absolutely love harleys and i think a cuctom rocker will look sick!

please post pics of project.

I currently have a 08" street glide (all custom bagger) w/matte paint.

and a full custom old school bobber/pro street.

good luck

I used to have a 97 DWG. After my 4th close call, I sold it the very next day.

harley.jpg

I do have a short list of desired sport bikes I want to own one they though, Honda RC-45, Yamaha R7 (not to be confused with the POS R1/R6) and a Ducati 888..

You have good taste :icon_thumleft:

R7 is probably the only Yamaha I would own.

To me, the next best thing to being on the road in one of my Lambo's is being on one of my bikes. I'm just not into the sport bikes but here's what's in my garage now....

2003 Screaming Eagle Road King

2005 Custom Chopper with S & S 117"

2007 Street Glide rebuilt to 110" Screaming Eagle Motor

2009 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic

Pics....

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Your bobber is SICK. I can see myself on some sort of bobber soon.

Your bobber is SICK. I can see myself on some sort of bobber soon.

:iamwithstupid: Absolutely sick. Do you have any more pics? I would live to build something like that. That thing must be loud as hell with those short pipes.

Congrats on the new bike!

Thanks! I bought it last Sept. just before the bad weather came so I only have 700 miles on it and then it was off to the shop for mods!

does a harley f150 count?

:lol2: Yes, but not in this thread! :icon_mrgreen:

Have 05? Harley Roadking Classic, pearl white, with exhaust.

Its been sitting for a while, need to take that puppy out this weekend...

Any pics? It sounds sick!

If you think crotch rockets are for kiddies then you're just too scared to let your knee down during a turn. My Aprilia has blown the doors off every single car I've raced, including two local Murcielagos and a Carrera GT. I can take the turns with a lean angle that scrapes my footpegs. Choppers can't handle for s**t. They're only good for touring and cruising.

You misinterpreted my post. I am not claiming that choppers are BETTER at handling and/or speed; just that they don't cater to the 'kiddies' out there who have $200/mo and now think they have something better than a Lambo. Sport bikes are cool, I was offered a great deal on a Duc Desmo RR that I almost bought, but they are for 'smaller' guys; not people 6'4 250! :lol2: I just want to get on and cruise; if I want to race, I will use the Lambo.

Duh... :eusa_wall:

Well...yeh..

I love Harleys and own Two of them, a late model Heritage and a 1960 Panhead, Two very different animals.

Currently looking to add an antique Indian to my garage...

I do have a short list of desired sport bikes I want to own one they though, Honda RC-45, Yamaha R7 (not to be confused with the POS R1/R6) and a Ducati 888... Don't see myself riding them nearly as hard as I used to though..

Have any pics Joe?? That Panhead I bet is amazing!

good luck

I LOVE both of those bikes :icon_super: ; that bobber/pro street is truly insane. Do you have any videos of that thing?

05 Deuce, 05 Ultra.

Congrats on your new ride

Pics???

SSSSSay, does this outfit come with every purchase of a Hardly Runnin' Davidson? :lol2:

villagepeople.jpg

Stop scanning the posters above your bed. :thefinger:

To me, the next best thing to being on the road in one of my Lambo's is being on one of my bikes. I'm just not into the sport bikes but here's what's in my garage now....

Pics....

:icon_super: GREAT collection!!!!

Pics....

awesome collection! and i love the lift!