Reventon Roadster on the way

Ecnelis

Im not saying its a stupid move..i just dont think it will sell, much like the first reventons didnt really sell and are sitting listed. I dont doubt it would be a cool looking car, just not for the price!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still better way than to go downsize and dilute the brand trying to stay profitable. All Reventons were sold out for the factory, all cars that appeared for sale was owners' cars and they are listed even higher than original dealer's price. I would not get into details why they put their cars for sale, but for the factory all 20 cars were sold till Frankfurt 2007 closed its doors. If Lambo will decide to make Reventon Roadster, I wish it will be equipped with some interesting roof construction, something similar that on Veyron Gran Sport.

The radar signature of the roadster will just ruin the entire stealth concept :lol2: . It would be interesting to know, if any of the 9 cars are going to original owners of the 20 coupes ?

At 1.6 mm, I can think of a bunch of other cars to grab.

02/03 Murcielago - for every other non-car person it looks the same as the revulsion.

F-40

Take a cruise

Remodel your kitchen

buy oil futures

wait three years and buy the car with 2,000 miles for 300K :icon_mrgreen:

02/03 Murcielago - for every other non-car person it looks the same as the revulsion.

I'm not defending the Reventons price tag but this statement is wrong, not even close.

• 3 months later...

Crap they are diluting the brand again with a $1.6 mil show stopper, now I will never get my money back or the profit I was contemplating when I bought my 05 G :eusa_wall: Damn you LAMBO!!!

I think everyone has forgotten that it is the Gallardo that has raised enough money for Lamborghini to both survive and to be in a position to produce the LP640, 650 670 and Reventon's, sales of the Murcigallapagos on it's own would never have produced that kind of revenue. Without the money they would be in the Countach and early Diablo days of hanging on by their fingernails.

Personally I don't care for the Murci, I didn't care for the Espada, Jarama, Jalpa, but alongside the Miura and Countach they gave the company much needed income. Does everybody think that those models diluted the brand??

And answer me this, why is the Gallardo deemed to be a "baby" Lambo? Compare it to the LP400, whose the baby?

Baby Lambo's are the P250/300 Urracco's and the 3.5ltr V8 Jalpa's, but they still have our respect and deserve their place in Lambo history.

Reventon worth 1M - no but the extra revenue froms a pretty standard parts bin is a cash cow. Reventon Roadster from the same old parts bin at 2M, now that's a mad cash cow.

only 10 made

price over 1.2 M euro

name? not sure but it could be likely reventon barchetta

it is sure

*Insert I guarantee they are all sold, and at the end of the day thats all that matters*

kinda like the regular reventons were all sold? But then ended up sitting in dealer showrooms for a year after?

And answer me this, why is the Gallardo deemed to be a "baby" Lambo? Compare it to the LP400, whose the baby?

Baby Lambo's are the P250/300 Urracco's and the 3.5ltr V8 Jalpa's, but they still have our respect and deserve their place in Lambo history.

The "baby lambo" term is now to term the car that isn't the flagship and has a smaller engine (V10 compared to the flagship V12). That's all, no historically accurate term by any means.

Hence why I believe the new cars will hold the 12 cylinder motors and scissor doors for the flagship cars, and the v10s and lateral doors will be for the "mass produced" (term used loosely) car.

The motor situation will remain until Lamborghini or someone gets into the forced induction game as OEM.

I think they are doing whatever they can to raise cash and push the cost of r&d and tooling a new car (murci replacement) further into the future. would not be suprised to see a couple of years worth more of limited edition murci cars.

That said this car will be bad ass.

Russell

Man, these people are starting annoy me. I thought they said the LP670-4 SV was the ultimate version, now they have another ultimate version. Why bother leaking information if all 9 have been sold already? Sounds like BS and I wish they would shut the hell up with their ultimate ultimate versions.

Who would want a Reventon roadster? That wouldn't even look right. They say they modeled it after the F-22 Raptor and Stealth Fighter but they are going to make it a roadster?

Lamborghini is not going after the same customer. The Reventon was intended to be rolling art. It's to be collected, displayed and not really driven all that much. Think of an interesting design study that also works. The SV is intended to be driven and driven hard. It's a true bad dog that has some amazing numbers. It's not for everyone either, but I have driven it and I think it's a terrific car.

I actually think the roadster will be complete madness, in every aggressive way.

+1 The rev roadster is drop dead fcuking sexy!