BMW X5M & X6M,555hp twin-turbo V8

Guest skokos

Guest skokos

What do you guys think of these?! I wish they had made a X5M on the previous body style. But 555hp twin turbo V8 sounds pretty badass :icon_thumleft:

Would anyone here buy one of these say over a Cayenne Turbo S or a ML63 AMG or G55 AMG?

Pretty cheap in comparison loaded at $86,225 for the X5M and $89,725 for the X6M

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/X5M/

x5-m--01-1280.jpg

x5-m--13-1280.jpg

x5-m--19-1280.jpg

x5-m--03-1280.jpg

X6M

000_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

019_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

014_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

008_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

031_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

049_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

058_bmwx6mx5m.jpg

I see no point for either's existance.

i never saw a point for the x6 to be in existence in the first place

Guest skokos

To me the $84,000- 89,000 seems more appealing then a Cayenne turbo s at $124,000 with better performance figures and more horsepower too. I wonder what has been done to the suspension and also if these cars have a M Mode button like the M5

I agree with you Rob in wishing they had done this on the last body style. Why they changed their mentality away from not making an M version of the X series is beyond me as this really isnt a "motorsport" car. Honestly I love the idea of the X5M as far as the performance but from the pictures it isnt nearly as cool looking as I hoped it would be.....i think they could have done more. Ill wait to make my final decision once I see one in person.....

I really wish these funds were allocated to an M3 CSL (hopefully without stupid Idrive) and an M1. or 1-M or whatever. Id honestly rather a regular X5 for a better ride quality.

as a BMW M3 guy and Z coupe guy, Instead of these, I would have liked to see Z4 coupe CSL, and M3 CSL.

You shouldn't do a motorsport version of what is generally a minivan or familybus, it is just wrong and fake.

That said, I must admit I kind of like a lot of the X5///M, X6 not so.

Honestly David....what damn reason is there for launch control in one of these?!!? Do you launch optimus that often from the lights too?!!?!?

I doubt LC would even work? or if it did, with that much grip, break the tranny? At any rate, with 500 LB of torque, just stomp on the gas.

I actually really love the X6, and the X6M. They aren't exactly gorgeous, but they are mean looking. This isn't the same type of vehicle as a G class. That is a real SUV. Everyone always looks at the x6's around here. As an east coaster who does a lot of long distance trips,the X6M is an ideal drivers car when you are in crappy weather. Its big, its safe, it handles extremely well. And I think it is perfectly priced for what it offers.

X5 is hideous though. Never been a fan.

Honestly David....what damn reason is there for launch control in one of these?!!? Do you launch optimus that often from the lights too?!!?!?

It has been known to happen! :icon_mrgreen:

How about the new 2010 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport? The supercharged engines make over 500HP now.

How about the new 2010 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport? The supercharged engines make over 500HP now.

Sweet! I did not know that.

I once was told some advice about Range Rovers from a mechanic friend as my wife wanted one:

Mechanic to wife-are you a mechanic?

Wife-No

Do you know how to wire Automobile electronics

Wife-No

Then why in gods name would you want a Range Rover?

Wife-Because they are pretty. :shock: :lol2:

I wish Kevin would chime in on that as I see him reading this thread and I know he is on his second Range Rover Sport. From what I can tell i dont remember him having any gremlins with either of them!

I wish Kevin would chime in on that as I see him reading this thread and I know he is on his second Range Rover Sport. From what I can tell i dont remember him having any gremlins with either of them!

Yeah after 2 of them I havent had any issues. I know its an issue with the full size RR, but dont think so much with the RRS. Maybe the occasional Bluetooth issue but thats it. Other than that love the car!!

Supposedly the X6M is faster around the N-Ring than the last-gen e46 M3 (

I don't like the dillution of the "M" division, nor do I like the fact that BMW won't make an "M7" despite everyone dying for one, but I'm warming up to this strange looking X6M idea.

Supposedly the X6M is faster around the N-Ring than the last-gen e46 M3 (

I don't like the dillution of the "M" division, nor do I like the fact that BMW won't make an "M7" despite everyone dying for one, but I'm warming up to this strange looking X6M idea.

:iamwithstupid:

A real M7 with 650 bhp would send AMG running with their tails between their legs.