More Sadness

Allan-Herbie

BWAAAHAHAHA!!

Omg.....is that real? That is some serious sadness. If I owned that R8 I would leave that rubbish there and walk home punching myself in the face.

that is sad, just think about the guys that paid 20k over so they could be first in line...

time to ship it over to Heffner

Like i've said all along, it's a great chick car and my girlfriend says they are "cute".

manly sports car epic fail.

I don't think it's sad.It's a hard fight the cars have the same HP,Audi has more weight,not much but a little bit.BMW has the better air drag coefficient with 0,33 vs. 0,35.Because of that the BMW catched the Audi at the higher Speed.Make a longer run and the Audi will win with the higher topspeed.

I think the R8 isn't maid for race.It's maid for the long run.

I don't understand why all the people here hate Audi R8.The Audi philosofie is that everyone

wants a sportcar should buy a Lambo and the people that want a sportive car should buy a audi.

Where is the problem?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the R8 personally. I think the styling is really nice and I hear that they drive really, really well. That said, getting your heiny kicked by a car that is half the price and not modified is a little shitty. I guess though that the M-3 coupe would get fully walked by a similarly priced new body Z-06. Hell, a new body M-3 will get walked by a chipped 335i and that is just a 1k modification. There is always something faster, but I bet the guy in the R-8 was pretty surprised.

Why do people put such an emphasis on drag racing? Didn't someone just say that a new Plastic mess-06 was just as fast as an LP640 from 60-130? So if you think paying for an R8 is bad, imagine having coughed up Gallardo/Murcie money when the Plastic mess-06 rides right along side. Or driving any exotic car for straight line performance and pulling next to a 1990 5.0 Mustang that has 5-10K under the hood.

Why do people put such an emphasis on drag racing? Didn't someone just say that a new Plastic mess-06 was just as fast as an LP640 from 60-130? So if you think paying for an R8 is bad, imagine having coughed up Gallardo/Murcie money when the Plastic mess-06 rides right along side. Or driving any exotic car for straight line performance and pulling next to a 1990 5.0 Mustang that has 5-10K under the hood.
Just as fast... and getting absolutely OBLITERATED are two completely different things. There used to be talk of the R8 being a competitor to the Gallardo, thats why the comparisons. The R8 seems to be more of a stock M3 competitor, rather than Gallardo. When a stock Porsche non turbo blows your doors off... you know there is a problem.

There used to be talk of the R8 being a competitor to the Gallardo, thats why the comparisons.

There still is talk, its called the R8 5.2 FSI which we haven't seen run against anything yet. Out of the box it should stand up to any pre LP Gallardo. After a simple ecu upgrade(already announced by a German tuner) it should hang right in there with the LP.

So have fun with your R8 4.2 whipping boy.... while it lasts. :icon_mrgreen:

There still is talk, its called the R8 5.2 FSI which we haven't seen run against anything yet. Out of the box it should stand up to any pre LP Gallardo. After a simple ecu upgrade(already announced by a German tuner) it should hang right in there with the LP.

So have fun with your R8 4.2 whipping boy.... while it lasts. :icon_mrgreen:

First the R8 4.3 will dissapoint.. then so will the 5.2 :drunk:

For starters, I call BS on that 997.2 race, but I could be wrong. I've seen the 997.1 race and it is closer.

But anyway, how can you draw conclusion about a car by watching drag racing videos of cars that you've never driven. The R8 isn't the fastest car in a straight line. Everyone knows this. Just like all cars though, it has pros and cons.

The R8 is a sublime car to drive, whether in the city, in the country, or on the track. To the best of my knowledge, Allan, you haven't driven one, so I don't think your opinion is very valid here.

I'd also like to see you drive a standard G and the R8 on a track to see which you did it faster in. The R8 is superior in every aspect except power. It's why Lamborghini took all the best parts of the R8 for the lp560. Now that I think of it, isn't the LP560 a re-bodied Audi? ;)

The V10 UK cars are rolling out, as they are throughout Europe. The tests should coming flooding in this summer. I'm confident that this car will turn out great times on par with the 560, but with lesser rubber. Here is Hockenheim with P Zero http://www.fastestlaps.com/track7.html

Oh, and if it comes down to price, you can spend 30K and supercharge the R8 to ~560hp. That would still come in at less cost than an LP or and what people paid for new G's.

For starters, I call BS on that 997.2 race, but I could be wrong. I've seen the 997.1 race and it is closer.

But anyway, how can you draw conclusion about a car by watching drag racing videos of cars that you've never driven. The R8 isn't the fastest car in a straight line. Everyone knows this. Just like all cars though, it has pros and cons.

The R8 is a sublime car to drive, whether in the city, in the country, or on the track. To the best of my knowledge, Allan, you haven't driven one, so I don't think your opinion is very valid here.

I'd also like to see you drive a standard G and the R8 on a track to see which you did it faster in. The R8 is superior in every aspect except power. It's why Lamborghini took all the best parts of the R8 for the lp560. Now that I think of it, isn't the LP560 a re-bodied Audi? ;)

The V10 UK cars are rolling out, as they are throughout Europe. The tests should coming flooding in this summer. I'm confident that this car will turn out great times on par with the 560, but with lesser rubber. Here is Hockenheim with P Zero http://www.fastestlaps.com/track7.html

Oh, and if it comes down to price, you can spend 30K and supercharge the R8 to ~560hp. That would still come in at less cost than an LP or and what people paid for new G's.

R8= :gay:

R8 looks and sounds far better.

but if anyone bought an 420 hp R8 thinking it would easily beat other 420 hp cars because its on a Gallardo platform and midengined, then they were obviously VERY mistaken/idiots.