LP640 Roadster or Scuderia

MSM

The Scud will end up being the much more expensive purchase as you have forgotten to amortize in authentic Ferrari driving gloves and driving shoes, the Ferrari baseball cap, and most importantly the matching red Ferrari polo shirts both for you and your wife.

hahahahaa

Look, driving around town is not a problem in the roadster - it takes a few minutes longer to find a suitable parking space but that is IT!

Also learn to put the top on - theres a knack to it - its not a night mare.

The car is very reliable and I dont know shit about track days but when I tracked the car I thought it was stunning - but again im not a big track person.

Scuds are nice too but design wise they are invisible in my eyes compared to any lambo

Also dont chicken out on a gallardo - go for the full fat lambo :monkeyleft:

Have you asked this question on a Ferrari board? I would really like to know what their answer would be as I have abso-fcuking-lutely no idea what they would say.

No, I only asked it here since I really am not a fan of the Ferrari board.

Well that should answer your question about Ferraris in general.

Your trying to compare apples and oranges. The Murcie roadster is a cruiser. It's big, heavy, and weather dependent for its use cause it has no real top.

The Scuderia is a light, agile, track style car. The 2 cars drive completely different.

I would go buy a LP560 Spyder and its a better car than both of them.

I agree. Really depends what you wanna use it for. The 560 convertible is the best of both worlds

The LP roadster is no doubt an awesome looking car but the lack of real roof is absurd for a car costing that much money. Just that single issue will keep you from driving the car on any overnight trips and makes parking in less than perfect spots a problem. Combine that with the old tech and it takes a die hard to pony up for one. I would take an LP560 spyder or a 16M over the roadster any day however I agree for pure coolness factor it is hard to beat but that gets old.

I have friends with both and it seems the guys with the Lambos are driving and the F car guys are talking about driving. What do you like to do?

The LP roadster is no doubt an awesome looking car but the lack of real roof is absurd for a car costing that much money. Just that single issue will keep you from driving the car on any overnight trips and makes parking in less than perfect spots a problem. Combine that with the old tech and it takes a die hard to pony up for one. I would take an LP560 spyder or a 16M over the roadster any day however I agree for pure coolness factor it is hard to beat but that gets old.

That is the exact reason why I can not decide, the pros to the LP640 roadster are great but I have a feeling I will get tired of dealing with it the cons quickly. Right now it seems the dealer and I could not come up with an agreeable number so right now it is back to looking to see what else is out there.

To be honest, the LP560 did nothing for me, it was a great improvement over the normal G but due its size I would take the 430 over it. I would rather not pay the premium for the 16M and pick up an 08 Scud at a decent discount since it seems nothing is moving these days.

That is the exact reason why I can not decide, the pros to the LP640 roadster are great but I have a feeling I will get tired of dealing with it the cons quickly.

Ive not spoken to anyone who has let the downsides of this car get in the way of their extreme enjoyment of it.

The car puts a smile on your face EVERY time you see it.

Ive not spoken to anyone who has let the downsides of this car get in the way of their extreme enjoyment of it.

The car puts a smile on your face EVERY time you see it.

True, To me the biggest downside is the lack of a real roof. An updated e-gear would be nice but not something that would turn me away from the car. Anyway right now I am waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if we can put something together.

If it were me and I was going more for the track I would pic a G or an G-SL and mod it as nessary. If it's more of a weekend street car I would pick the LP640. I like the Scud but its a bit much $$ and a pain to maintain if your truly going to push the car often on a track. If you total a 04-06 G at the track you would only be out 100K and you would have had a great time doing it. :)

Good Luck

Aaron