Just my luck...

So I got a set of Cassiopeas (titanium w/ SL corsa tires) and they arrived yesterday. Seeing that the valve stem was damaged during shipping I did go ahead and bolt them up just to see what they would look like on because I was excited to see. They were shipped with 15psi in each wheel so obviously I wasn't going to or did go anywhere. So I go to try and put air in them and obviously with the damaged valve stem that's not going to work.

They were insured $500 per wheel. What should I do?? The nicks aren't a huge concern of mine, but obviously a problem and will need fixed eventually. How big of a deal is it to fix that valve stem? PLEASE HELP

post-12151-1243544443_thumb.jpg

THE WHEEL NOT YET MOUNTED (as they arrived)

DETAILED PIC OF DAMAGE 1 & 3

post-12151-1243544707_thumb.jpg

post-12151-1243544729_thumb.jpg

And here's what they look like (center caps not on):

post-12151-1243544772_thumb.jpg

The tire must come off the rim and the valve steam nut comes off and repl. steam about 35.00 at lambo stuff the tire will need balanced after. As far as the chips do you have a wheel touch up guy in the area mine would repaint the rim they can do it with it on the car even,

comes out good depending on you touch up guy around 125.00 with mine. Dont forget labor to dissmount tire and balance fare time is

1/2 hour or less.

GBGallardo, the rims really do look great on the car.

Valve stem is an easy fix....you're supposed to change it every time you change tires. I dont think you even need a "lamborghini" valve stem, as I am not aware of any proprietary system.

Chips shouldnt be too hard of a fix either, like the above posters said.

What's the entire process I'd have to go through to get this valve stem replaced?

Will they be able to replace it anywhere? or do I need to order from L4MBOSTUFF?

I must get this done tomorrow if possible! Thanks for all your help and the positive compliments.

Stem is a 15 min fix at a tire shop. They just take off the tire and put a new one in put back on the tire and you're good to go. Costs nothing as well. Maybe a few dollars.

Don't take it to "any" tire shop, the budget shops will probably scratch your rims even more. Low profile tires are harder to mount without damaging the rims. Take it to a high-end shop. Check yelp or tirerack for recommendations

Replacing the valve should be $30

I know this is off topic but your car looks x10 better with those wheels than the other ones you had on

I know this is off topic but your car looks x10 better with those wheels than the other ones you had on

Thank you and I agree 100%! :icon_thumleft:

Issue resolved. And I personally wanted to thank Rick (RL in Florida) for such an awesome set of wheels and making this the easiest transaction ever!

It looks even better with the new wheels on!

I must say, these rims look much better. There are many places around that can repair the rim. I would get to the shiping company though and make them pay for the repair. Have you contacted them yet?