DLM TT G vs Viper ACR

intence

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

760 rwhp and 135 traps. It looks like there will be no 140 mph trap on pump gas for the Orange G. That's OK. 140 traps even on race gas and the customer is happy. We will know really soon!!!

Well.. im certain I could of gone faster, dont even know what the road condition was could of gone uphill.. Also the 135 was very close to 136, and it was pretty hot close to 100 degrees I believe... Id say @ 760rwhp it was a 140mph car.

Well.. im certain I could of gone faster, dont even know what the road condition was could of gone uphill.. Also the 135 was very close to 136, and it was pretty hot close to 100 degrees I believe... Id say @ 760rwhp it was a 140mph car.

Good to know. This will give an idea where the Orange G may be regarding trap speeds once we know it's power levels.

Allan,

Any VBOX numbers (60-130) on your pump gas, 760 rwhp map?

My best was 6.3, again with 2 people in the car, very hot day and it was as verified by Accichelli going slightly uphill...

I think 135-136 in the 1/4 mile is just at 9.9 sec if 'everything' was done right. But I don't see a Gallardo that can trap 135mph getting a 9.9 without alot of help - since the biggest problem will be the launch.

So you'll need alot more power to overcome the soft launch to get into the 9's. Maybe 145-150mph 1/4 trap would let you leave soft enough to keep the car together, while making enough power to dip into the 9's.

I think 135-136 in the 1/4 mile is just at 9.9 sec if 'everything' was done right. But I don't see a Gallardo that can trap 135mph getting a 9.9 without alot of help - since the biggest problem will be the launch.

So you'll need alot more power to overcome the soft launch to get into the 9's. Maybe 145-150mph 1/4 trap would let you leave soft enough to keep the car together, while making enough power to dip into the 9's.

Agreed 100%!!

Who cares about ET.. I just wanna go roll ons.. Also getting totally sideways flooring it in 2nd gear at 65mph is fun too!

Who cares about ET.. I just wanna go roll ons.. Also getting totally sideways flooring it in 2nd gear at 65mph is fun too!

I agree. The drag strip was sooo 1980's...Who cares anymore. Plus, the Gallardo isn't a drag car at all. The TTG is really just a highway killer, and a VERY good one.

I agree. The drag strip was sooo 1980's...Who cares anymore. Plus, the Gallardo isn't a drag car at all. The TTG is really just a highway killer, and a VERY good one.

Exactly...

Once again, I completely agree. I can't care any less for the ET. Since I am all about roll ons, the only reason I would ever care for the track is to get an idea what a car traps at. That way, when some guy in a Mustang that has gone 9.9's at 137 wants to race from a roll, we know if he's covered or not regardless of his ET.

ET is for drag racers, traps speeds is for roll ons. Might not work out that way EVERY time, but in general, this is the case.

I cant wait to play with my car if i can ever get it out of Mikes garage.

:lol2: :lol2:

I wish brotha.

It would be cool to see what the Orange car can do at Moroso for a test/tune to see what the car runs at 0 elevation and 100% humidity before it goes back to the owner wherever he may live. :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: :lol2:

I wish brotha.

It would be cool to see what the Orange car can do at Moroso for a test/tune to see what the car runs at 0 elevation and 100% humidity before it goes back to the owner wherever he may live. :icon_mrgreen:

Moroso, is that by you??

I finally understand kisco why you have been talking so much shit about beating Keiths Jota... :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft:

But, just to make a few things clear, I said what I said because he automatically assumed all Gallardo;'s are slow. That's when the shit talking began.. :icon_mrgreen:

I may have to try and meet up with you guys when you bring that thing down south to Ohio. If everything im assuming is correct sounds like it will be a pretty quick ride...

I may have to try and meet up with you guys when you bring that thing down south to Ohio. If everything im assuming is correct sounds like it will be a pretty quick ride...

Come on out, brutha. We will be glad to take you out for a spirited run.. :icon_thumleft:

Well, Mike, what are you waiting for?? Better get behind the wheel and get some runs in!!

:shock: :lol2:

Don't tempt me. :icon_mrgreen: I would be worried about possibly breaking the orange G owners car. I would be happy to drive it there and back and have someone else drive it there though such as Doug. :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft:

But, just to make a few things clear, I said what I said because he automatically assumed all Gallardo;'s are slow. That's when the shit talking began.. :icon_mrgreen:

I told him myself, that regardless he would have a VERY hard time with a good stock Gallardo, especially from a stop... Their weights are similar, he makes more power, but the G can shift much faster and is better geared.. On the same dyno his Jota made 448, my SE made 445 and id put money I would kick the crap outta the Jota :eusa_dance:

:shock: :lol2:

Don't tempt me. :icon_mrgreen: I would be worried about possibly breaking the orange G owners car. I would be happy to drive it there and back and have someone else drive it there though such as Doug. :icon_thumleft:

Ok, if that worries you, how about you do what was previously talked about. Get in the car, get a few 200 mph blasts in, and let the owner how the car feels ASAP. Deal?.. :icon_thumleft:

I told him myself, that regardless he would have a VERY hard time with a good stock Gallardo, especially from a stop... Their weights are similar, he makes more power, but the G can shift much faster and is better geared.. On the same dyno his Jota made 448, my SE made 445 and id put money I would kick the crap outta the Jota :eusa_dance:

Also, Keith was mentioning he made 448 rwhp and weighs in at 3300 lbs. Well, I made 435 rwhp and weighed in at 3240 lbs. Not sure where the thought of a 'Gallardo's are slow' came from exactly. If that's the case, his car would be just as slow. But whatever, it was all in good fun.

Also, Keith was mentioning he made 448 rwhp and weighs in at 3300 lbs. Well, I made 435 rwhp and weighed in at 3240 lbs. Not sure where the thought of a 'Gallardo's are slow' came from exactly. If that's the case, his car would be just as slow. But whatever, it was all in good fun.

And the Jota weighs more than 3300lbs... somewhere around 3400lbs.. And figure 2x the time to shift the Diablo as the Gallardo.

And the Jota weighs more than 3300lbs... somewhere around 3400lbs.. And figure 2x the time to shift the Diablo as the Gallardo.

He might have some weight reduction??

And my car weighs 3300lbs.

I would wipe the floor with your car, anytime any where.