Hello ALL and Why all the hatred against Ferrari

bp95gsx

If you want to know one big reason to hate Ferrari, try these two simple tests.

1) Go into a dealer wearing jeans and t-shirt and try to buy one of their cars

2) Go up to an owner and start talking to him about his car while he's refuelling

Try these two tests for Lamborghinis and Ferraris. I think the results will tell you everything you want to know. :finga:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to know one big reason to hate Ferrari, try these two simple tests.

1) Go into a dealer wearing jeans and t-shirt and try to buy one of their cars

2) Go up to an owner and start talking to him about his car while he's refuelling

Try these two tests for Lamborghinis and Ferraris. I think the results will tell you everything you want to know. :finga:

<-stupid

Ferrari of Denver is a prime example of #1. They wouldn't even look at me, except when my daughter (age 1 at the time) put her hand on a 360. They told me that I needed more restraint on her :axe:

L-Denver & L-Dallas let me & my daughter get in the cars, and recently (ok Nov '04), I was able to take a Murcie out for a run with my daughter, no salesman.

But if I had the money for maintenance, I'd buy an Enzo

11.7 @ 123 or something like that if I remember right. Murcie and Gallardo run around 12.1 @ 118, no? 5mph and 3-4 tenths will put that car considerably well ahead of you Lambo guys.

"Us Lambo guys" won't be running from any 430's. Bring them on. 12.1@118? Try 11.72 @ 122.52. If you honestly believe the recent 430 tests are consistently reproduceable, you are on crack. Even the Ferrari diehards that I speak to (whom are purchasing 430's) don't believe it. That's got to tell you something.

And, even IF the 430 does run a legit 11.7 (yeah right), and the Murci runs an 11.7, any idea what you can expect past the 1/4 mile? Hmmm. V12 or V8. I wonder....

112_0306_spdtest_quartm_z.jpg

112_0306_spdtest_quartm_z.jpg

...especially the new 430. I know it's not superior to the Lambo name, but it will wack any stock Lambo ever made on almost any type of race coarse.

Hmmmm...I don't see any Nurburgring times yet for the F430. I'm kind of curious, if the F430 is so lightning fast, why hasn't Ferrari listed any Nurburgring times for it yet? Maybe they had to make their juicy magazine-test-ringer before they could make their "Nurburgring-er".

Interesting though, how Ferrari's "track demon" (the 360 Challenge Stradale) got "wacked" by 2 other stock Lambo's at Nurburgring...

7:50 Murcielago

7:52 Gallardo

7:56 360 Challenge Stradale

And I'm sure the "wacking" will get more severe with the onset of the Gallardo S and Murcielago GT.

:lol: Muuuu-wah-ha-haaaa... :lol: ...MUUUU-wah-ha-haaaaaaaaa... :lol: ...MUUUUU-WAH-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :lol:

And I'm sure the "wacking" will get more severe with the onset of the Gallardo S and Murcielago GT, wouldn't you agree Mini-Me?.

:lol: Muuuu-wah-ha-haaaa... :lol: ...MUUUU-wah-ha-haaaaaaaaa... :lol: ...MUUUUU-WAH-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :lol:

post-34-1109688663.jpg

post-34-1109688664.jpg

Interesting though, how Ferrari's "track demon" (the 360 Challenge Stradale) got "wacked" by 2 other stock Lambo's at Nurburgring...

7:50 Murcielago

7:52 Gallardo

7:56 360 Challenge Stradale

And I'm sure the "wacking" will get more severe with the onset of the Gallardo S and Murcielago GT.

post-371-1109689211.jpg

post-371-1109689212.jpg

-"To the first part - Car and Driver ran the 430 DOWNHILL to get those times - seriously. And a Murci runs faster than 12.1 @ 118MPH."

Why do you say Car and Driver ran the car downhill? They even said in that article that they asked Road and Track and they got similar numbers. They were also in disbeleif till they called their sister magaizine.

-"To the second part - "the exhaust tone of a Diablo got boring" - are you kidding? The sound of a V-12 is the most incredible exhaust note."

Truthfully, I did get a little bored with the same exhaust note in the Diablo. I never said I didn't like it or that it sounded bad, but it got a little boring on a 3 hour trip on the highway. Like I also said in my original post, "Driving a twin T61 DBB Supra with twin Tial 46mm bandclamp wastegates and twin Tial BOV's through a 4 inch Ti exhaust spoils me a little." The sound of a huge single spooling and holding ful boost with an open atmosphere wastegate is pretty involved. Have any of you guys gone for a ride in a well prepped 700+rwhp Supra? I have actually soarced a Supra for the guy that owned the Stradalle after I took him for a ride in a 850rwhp widebody car. Ripping the rear 345-30-19 tires loose at 80mph in 3rd gear got him thinking and I found him a pristine 98 Quicksilver 6-spd. It's now at the shop undergoing a nice setup. :)

-"To the third part - no offense, but I don't know how many Owners are going to turn their cars over to a 23 year old for modding. Again, no offense, but at your age how much mechanical experience do you have with a Lambo? How much experience in general do you have with other cars, you have only been out of high school for what 5 years or so? I wouldn't let a 23 year old work on my Plastic mess-06. Not trying to flame you, but that's my opinion."

Actually Limey, the first time I ever met my customer who owns the Lambo he let me take it for a ride. I did feel amazing and is a stunning car to look at. It's a pearl yellow roadster MOMO edition with an Alpine TV face and Fikse 18 inch wheels with custom Lambo symbol center caps. This man also owns the 996 TT 6-spd I have driven and modifed for him, an 04 S55 AMG which I have also driven and modified for him. The man is worth millions and knows I am no punk 23 year old kid when it comes to buisisness. I never went to college and I have owned my buisisness since 20 and race car fabrication in my blood. I OWN the buisiness, I dont rent. From 17-20 I saved masive cash and worked an unhealthy amount to get what I want. I can almost gaurantee you there is 1 in 5000 23 year old that have accompliced and earned what I have in yes, 5 years out of high school. I have never lied once in my life and I dont really care to impress anyone. I have impressed myself and it makes me feel great to see you established older guys, try to mock me in disbeleif that I have seen, driven and own what I own at this early age.

Asking about my mechancal experience with a Lambo? I know more about Lambo's mechanical systems than probobly anyone on this board. Not a real Lambo tech of coarse. I did the clutch in his car, the valve cover gaskets which decided to leak with only 6000 miles on the car (this requires to reomve the entire fuel injection system and intake manifold), and all minor maintanence on the car. All without even a service manual. I'm sure I can dissassemble an entire Diablo and put it back together. Working on his Diablo was actually a lot simpler than working on many different cars. The owner has seen my shop once. Anytime his cars need anything I go pick them up and leave him my M3 in the driveway. I have built many HUGE HP cars from scratch and laugh at a lot of stuff I see on "mechanical auto TV shows". I can make damn near anything from metal, let alone fabing up piping to make a turbo header or intercoller piping fabrication. The only thing I have no experience with in the auto racing world is making roll cages ar chasis work. That's the only thing I dont have the space or tooling for.

Allan, I was just simply curious as to why you guys have the hatred toward Ferrari, I now understand why. I am not questioning your motives. Your opinion is what it is and I fully respect that. Why the hostitlity towards me? I know for a fact the Murcie and Gallardo dont run in the 11.7 @ 123 range. I dont think I ever saw a Lambo tested in the 11's, stock. But even if the 430 was a little slower than what they advertise, it will still walk away from the Lambo's. I'm not sure if you and Limey doubt the 430's publicated numbers becasue it's the Lambo adversary or if you really dont think it'll run that. I never said I tested one myself, but I dont see it being a lie. The numbers from the weight, HP, gearing, aerodynamics, etc all add up. Actually a 123 MPH is good for an even lower ET. I'm sure if the car can actually run a 123mph, that is someone put a set of TA/KD's on it, that time would drop even more. I have over 300 drag slips amd know a thing or two about performance. I'd actually be thrilled to see a Murcie/Gallardo/Diablo/360/430 go to the track. This spring, I'm sure I can talk my friend with the Lambo to go to the track with the car. I will be doing the driving though, he cant drive for shit. :)

-"Im willing to bet, youve never even sat in a Diablo. Dont come here trying to promote your shop, and as for Balls, my Diablo as at a real shop as we speak, getting ready to be twin turboed."

Like I said, I have never lied in my entire life including message boards. If you sit me in a Diablo right now and let me take it for a ride, I gaurantee not even the smallest of smiles hits my face. I sucked up the Lambo driving experience for a total of 6 hours. I have put more miles on that damn car than the owner did, I think. I was amazing, PERIOD. The only thing that bothered me on the trip was the huge blind spot and my left leg wasn't very comfortable after a long time driving it.

Wow, so I think you mentioned you deal with SP, I think that's where your car is. I would love to be in their shoes to be able to unleash my creativity to twin turbo that car. Put it this way, I could care less to promote my buisisness here to such a small audience, and would probobly offer your twin turbo setup at half the labor they are charging you, just for the experience, being the first one, and the exposure I'd get in the big picture. I am no amateur when it comes to building cars. When 18-21 year old college kids were getting wasted and high in their dorm's I was at the shop 14 hours a day building and gaining experience, sweating and bleeding. My doors are always packed and getting into my shop for even something simple will take you a few weeks unless you're a high end customer. There's no waiting for those people. Yes I would love to have more Lambo customers, but it has to start somewhere. Once you meet me and see my operation, you'll know I am no average 23 year old. And I just turned 23 on Feb 18. Please reread my obove post as if I'm not 23 if that makes you feel better Allan. I have great respect for you as you seen to be the leader here on the board that everyone else respects. I learned most of my tactics and buisisness skills from older guys who have been through it all and made their money. That's also one of the reasons I come to this board, very few of you are people I cant learn something from.

Thanks to everyone who is giving me their answer/opinon as to why you hate on ferrari's. I agree with some and disagree with others. Looking forward to having a good time on your boards, and hopefully put together some kind of gathering here in the North East when spring finnaly comes around to show off our cars. :)

11.7 @ 123 or something like that if I remember right. Murcie and Gallardo run around 12.1 @ 118, no? 5mph and 3-4 tenths will put that car considerably well ahead of you Lambo guys.

"Us Lambo guys" won't be running from any 430's. Bring them on. 12.1@118? Try 11.72 @ 122.52. If you honestly believe the recent 430 tests are consistently reproduceable, you are on crack. Even the Ferrari diehards that I speak to (whom are purchasing 430's) don't believe it. That's got to tell you something.

And, even IF the 430 does run a legit 11.7 (yeah right), and the Murci runs an 11.7, any idea what you can expect past the 1/4 mile? Hmmm. V12 or V8. I wonder....

Wow, OK I never saw that publication before. The numbers I wrote were just what I remember from a Car and Driver. That changes a lot and makes me love the new Lambo's even more. I hope you guys know I dont hate Lambo's or Ferrari's. I like both and they are very different cars.

I could care less to promote my buisisness here to such a small audience

Argh! You said "I could care less"!!!! :axe:

You mean "I could NOT care less".

If you could care less, that means you DO care! Please use English!!! :butthead:

I know more about Lambo's mechanical systems than probobly anyone on this board.

Rather arrogant and presumptuous aren't you!

I know more about Lambo's mechanical systems than probobly anyone on this board.

Why the hostitlity towards me?

Wow, those kinds of statements aren't going to earn you any respect on this board, or anywhere else for that matter. [-X I will chalk that statement up to immaturity.

why with all that was posted did you ignore my offer to take you out in the 360 in my garage? i live with in 5 miles of you.

As for the 430 owners that also have a 360 claim they dont feel much of a performance difference.... if you cant feel the performance difference between a car that runs 123 in the 1/4 and a 360 which runs maybe 116..... then something doesn't add up. Ferrari also claims the weight of their cars are significantly lower then they weigh, and they advertise the hp as much higher then they dyno out. the average dyno on a 360 is 315-320 hp (at a claimed 3000 curb weight wet)

Now I may not have been lucky enough to drive the cars that you have been fortunate to have driven, nor do i know the size of the gallardo motor, but i know do the lambo's look cool :)

I'd take Rob up on his offer. He's driven both the 360 & the Gallardo. He's raced a 550 (or was it a 575?) against a Gallardo, and won. Take his offer, you won't regret it

John

At this rate you are not going to make too many friends here.How arrogant of you to call most of us technical morons.You don't even know us and you come off firing on all cylinders.

If you want respect and recognition,a little humitlity wouldn't hurt to begin with.

And it would be nice if you can express your opinion without writing a newspaper. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bp95gsx-

YOU posted the numbers from Car and Driver for the 430 - look at it again, NOTE the track they got those times for - then check around, YOU will find that the particular track in question goes DOWNHILL, seriously.

As far as everything else you said - I don't care.

Good Luck

-James Miller

I'd take Rob up on his offer.

Why ? For the ride or for the chicks we saw last day ? :mrgreen:

Just part of the evolution process, POS guys want Porsches, Porsche guys want Ferrari's, Ferrari guys want Lambo's, and Lambo Guys want what they have.

My $.02

quote of the month !

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YOU posted the numbers from Car and Driver for the 430 - look at it again, NOTE the track they got those times for - then check around, YOU will find that the particular track in question goes DOWNHILL, seriously.

boxerlump.jpg

boxerlump.jpg

Here-

"In January 2005, Road & Track magazine tested a F430 at Fiorano, Ferrari's home test track. It recorded some astonishing figures: 0-60 mph took 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph took 8.1 seconds. That's 0.45 sec and 1.1 sec respectively quicker than the official claim. That arouse my suspicion immediately. You know, Ferrari's figures are usually optimistic rather than conservative, unlike Porsche. It is hardly believable after countless of tests Ferrari still quoted figures slower than the car's actual ability, especially on a test track Ferrari know so well. Moreover, from the power-to-weight ratio, it should not be that quick.

In the same month, Car And Driver also tested the F430 at Fiorano. The figures are even slightly faster - 3.5 seconds and 7.9 seconds respectively. Car And Driver said their test car was not the same one as that tested by a "rival magazine" but the result was similar. It also revealed that both magazines tested the car at FIORANO'S SLIGHTLY DOWNHILL STRAIGHT RUNWAY AND NOT ALLOWED TO GO IN REVERSE DIRECTION. This may account for a few tenths for 0-100 mph, but cannot explain the big difference from the official figures.

This is not the first time Ferrari's performance figures are under doubt. I remember Autocar once recorded a 360 Modena taking only 8.8 seconds to 100 mph, while other magazines found more than 10 seconds. The British magazine therefore suspected Ferrari provided a specially prepared test car. It might be chipped to squeeze out more power than the production car. It might not comply with emission and noise regulations.

Now both C&D and R&T's tests were conducted in Fiorano on a car supplied by Ferrari's PR men and closely monitored by them, the suspicion is even stronger. The truth won't be revealed until magazines test a F430 picked directly from a dealer or an owner."

The track is DOWNHILL.

"FIORANO'S SLIGHTLY DOWNHILL STRAIGHT RUNWAY AND NOT ALLOWED TO GO IN REVERSE DIRECTION."

Here is the link- Go to the middle of the page - "Doubtfull Perfomance Figures Again"-

http://www.autozine.org/html/Ferrari/F430.htm

-James Miller

John -

ease back a little -

you're your own worst enemy !!

congrats on what you've done with your life - more than me at the same age - but there are those here who have done even more!

you'll say some good things and then blurt out something rather on the foolish side - i.e. saying members here are pretty much mechanically ignorant - for one -

I'll be the FIRST to say that I'm so dumb as far as cars that I can't even spell g-a-s - but most here are VERY knowledgeable about Lambo's as well as other cars !!!

I try to keep my mouth shut on these things & learn from those who know -

as I posted earlier -

WELCOME -

but take a chill pill pleze - :rant

~T~aka "Grumpy Ole Man"Hopital06.gif

It also revealed that both magazines tested the car at FIORANO'S SLIGHTLY DOWNHILL STRAIGHT RUNWAY AND NOT ALLOWED TO GO IN REVERSE DIRECTION.

owned.jpg

owned.jpg