My "New Diablo!!

Huskerbill

Dude, you gotta give me a ride in this bad boy when I come out to your hood!

You have been a member for 4 years and this is your first post? :eusa_think:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have been a member for 4 years and this is your first post? :eusa_think:

:iamwithstupid:

I guess he really wants a ride

:iamwithstupid:

I guess he really wants a ride

rketex is a buddy of mine from Wisconsin. Great guy and a long-time Yellow Ferrari 355 owner. Apparently, in addition to being a good guy and a talented architect, is also quite the lurker with amazing self-restraint when it comes to posting on Lamborghini forums!!

Glad this car was able to coax him out of hiding! Behold, the power of the Diablo!

Hey Ken, come on out!! ;-)

rketex is a buddy of mine from Wisconsin. Great guy and a long-time Yellow Ferrari 355 owner. Apparently, in addition to being a good guy and a talented architect, is also quite the lurker with amazing self-restraint when it comes to posting on Lamborghini forums!!

Glad this car was able to coax him out of hiding! Behold, the power of the Diablo!

Hey Ken, come on out!! ;-)

Dude, you made me wanna a Diablo even more now, and join the DARK SIDE...LOL. I would love to get a SV or SE, but those models are holding up the price quite well or might be an early Murcielago.... Well, time will tell. I will be in L.A. in Sept. hopefully sooner! BTW, www.myfreefortune.com is a reality now! Just need more traffic and more features to be added soon.

So, what is the maintenance like for the Diablo? I read it is pretty minor except the clutch... But when I was at Lambo of Chicago, talked to the service manager regarding the two Diablos there; one had cracked manifold, and the other needed clutch. Both engine were pulled out, and that kind of made me think twice about Diablo, but HECK! I need to pull the dame F355 motor every 5 yrs. vs when needed anyways.

Awesome...congrats! Working on getting a white '91 myself. Hopefully I'll be able to start a thread like your's. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Huskerbill, my car arrived at Driven Ex yesterday for its "summer pampering" Have Steve show it to you next time your at the shop. I'm planning on La Dolce, but will hopefully get up there in July to meet Sam. Kevin

Got to take a good look at your car this weekend. Wow!!! That is an awesome color on that thing. Seriously!! I liked the wheels too. Steve was working on your motor this weekend (I didn't really get into what he was doing but he was wrenching on it - couldn't be in better hands) when I got there.

Sounds like you will be in Monterey? Will be great to hear that thing fire up.

Got to take a good look at your car this weekend. Wow!!! That is an awesome color on that thing. Seriously!! I liked the wheels too. Steve was working on your motor this weekend (I didn't really get into what he was doing but he was wrenching on it - couldn't be in better hands) when I got there.

Sounds like you will be in Monterey? Will be great to hear that thing fire up.

Yes, I should be at Driven's Open House on Thursday. Really want to meet you - you have NO IDEA how LUCKY you are to be living in "Steve's neighborhood" In fact I'll explain why I call him "Professor" or "Obe-Wan" GREAT stories!

Beautiful car, beautiful wife.... lucky guy. I really like these early Diablos.

Thanks man!

I am truly in love with her. I like my wife too.

Yes, I should be at Driven's Open House on Thursday. Really want to meet you - you have NO IDEA how LUCKY you are to be living in "Steve's neighborhood" In fact I'll explain why I call him "Professor" or "Obe-Wan" GREAT stories!

You are probably right about not knowing how lucky I am.

Can't wait to hear the stories. I will be there Thursday. We will have to hang out in Monterey at La Dolce Vita and wherever else our travels take us.

I will be bringing a few friends with me to Steve's on Thursday. I usually host a BBQ at my place on Thursday and then we convoy down but we will be heading to Steve's place. A couple in the group haven't made the switch to the "dark side" yet but we will have my Diablo, another Diablo, a Vector W8, a Ferrari 430, Ferrari F40 and maybe another buddy from out of town who would be driving my V8 TT Lotus Esprit. We'll see about the last one though as I don't know if he is coming.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!!

The Diablo is a beauty, enjoy it in good health and congrats to your second baby on the way!

You are probably right about not knowing how lucky I am.

Can't wait to hear the stories. I will be there Thursday. We will have to hang out in Monterey at La Dolce Vita and wherever else our travels take us.

I will be bringing a few friends with me to Steve's on Thursday. I usually host a BBQ at my place on Thursday and then we convoy down but we will be heading to Steve's place. A couple in the group haven't made the switch to the "dark side" yet but we will have my Diablo, another Diablo, a Vector W8, a Ferrari 430, Ferrari F40 and maybe another buddy from out of town who would be driving my V8 TT Lotus Esprit. We'll see about the last one though as I don't know if he is coming.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!!

Did you swap out the lug bolts or did the 12mm lug bolts still sit ok? Just make sure that the seating on the bolts are ok to it as murcies use a 14mm lug bolts

Did you swap out the lug bolts or did the 12mm lug bolts still sit ok? Just make sure that the seating on the bolts are ok to it as murcies use a 14mm lug bolts

Are you talking length of the bolt is what is different (i.e. that the Diablo bolts wouldn't go deep enough?)

I just used the Diablo bolt and it appears to be fine, although I didn't torque them down yet. I just put one wheel on and hand tightened it (maybe to around 50). Seems alright though.

Are you talking length of the bolt is what is different (i.e. that the Diablo bolts wouldn't go deep enough?)

I just used the Diablo bolt and it appears to be fine, although I didn't torque them down yet. I just put one wheel on and hand tightened it (maybe to around 50). Seems alright though.

Congrats, Bill on your second one! We are still stuck at one!!!