Going to drive my GTT!!!!!!

Kisco

BTW I'm confident that all this talk about the lack of a dyno sheet will be moot shortly after Fadi gets his car back--he will have dyno numbers and hopefully Vbox numbers for everyone to see.

Ronnie,

As always, your thoughts are well spoken!

Regards,

Doug

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the price.. well again the price is determined by what people are willing are to pay. o if you are willing to pay 30k and not 50, will than the price is not high. However when you think of the costs involved in a bolt on TT package than 30k is VERY high inmo, especially for getting a car that you have no idea on the power you are making.. think about it... 2 TTs, some plumbing... etc.. prob no more than 5-6k in parts..

The only thing that Kisco's car is missing from being Fully built is sleeves (can be made in any of the 3 tuners shops), pistons, rods, rod bolts, head studs, and gaskets (Maybe $5k-$7k in parts). So with your thinking is that worth an extra $32k over Kisco's kit for that price in parts?

I believe what the majority of the price is for any of the builds from any of the tuners is the time/labor involved with the build. When Doug was building Fadi's car, there were many times that I talked to him on Saturdays and Sundays, and he was in the shop working on tuning his car, and many late nights ironing out details. That was for 2 months on 1 car which Doug did almost all of the work himself to make sure it was as perfect as possible.

I am sure with Jason and with Kevin it is the same. The majority of the costs involved is labor, and time in the shop.

Ronnie,

As always, your thoughts are well spoken!

Regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug--I know some judges who would disagree, but you can't please everyone! :)

Ronnie

Allan, I think you're way off on your estimate of cost for the hardware that goes into one of these systems. I doubt any tuner wants to get into exactly how much their systems cost them, but IMO there is no way 5-6k would buy the turbos, manifolds, intercoolers, other plumbing, wastegates, blowoff valves, exhaust system & mufflers, fuel system, ECU (AEM etc.), wiring, etc. There's a lot more to one of these systems than "2 TTs and some plumbing."
Maybe Im a little off... the exhaust is included in the plumbing.. You are not talking about buying a say HKS intercooler. they buy a core... make their own end caps... manifolds most likely stay stock... fuel system is cheap...GT35R turbos are $1500 each at retail, aem unit is also approx $1300 retail... You could put a price on it IF we had a list of items used like Heffner or even UGR has.

Also.. Im not saying the system is a rip off... but somewhere about 5k higher than id expect to be paying.

The only thing that Kisco's car is missing from being Fully built is sleeves (can be made in any of the 3 tuners shops), pistons, rods, rod bolts, head studs, and gaskets (Maybe $5k-$7k in parts). So with your thinking is that worth an extra $32k over Kisco's kit for that price in parts?

I believe what the majority of the price is for any of the builds from any of the tuners is the time/labor involved with the build. When Doug was building Fadi's car, there were many times that I talked to him on Saturdays and Sundays, and he was in the shop working on tuning his car, and many late nights ironing out details. That was for 2 months on 1 car which Doug did almost all of the work himself to make sure it was as perfect as possible.

I am sure with Jason and with Kevin it is the same. The majority of the costs involved is labor, and time in the shop.

What about things like time and money in machine shop to bore the block?

What about things like time and money in machine shop to bore the block?

:icon_thumleft:

Agreed. I think we both can agree the time and labor are the biggest cost for any tuner and any build. Costs to consumer are relative to willingness to pay it.

Agreed. I think we both can agree the time and labor are the biggest cost for any tuner and any build. Costs to consumer are relative to willingness to pay it.

Yes, labor is the most costly, and as I said.. my only and biggest gripe is not getting a dyno sheet which would end the speculation. none of this is about the quality, reliability or even the price or the tuning.. Just the fact that i would of expected to see a dyno.

Yes, labor is the most costly, and as I said.. my only and biggest gripe is not getting a dyno sheet which would end the speculation. none of this is about the quality, reliability or even the price or the tuning.. Just the fact that i would of expected to see a dyno.

Get rid of that sig and I promise you a dyno on the same day I get delivery of the car...:lol2:

On a more serious note, I want to thank Doug once again for building me an amazing car at an amazing price (Yes, Allan, an amazing price that Heffner and UGR can't match..;)), and I look forward to sharing the dyno numbers with all of you very, very soon.

Scheduled pick up is this week, and scheduled delivery is next week.. :icon_thumleft:

Get rid of that sig and I promise you a dyno on the same day I get delivery of the car...:lol2:

On a more serious note, I want to thank Doug once again for building me an amazing car at an amazing price (Yes, Allan, an amazing price that Heffner and UGR can't match..;)), and I look forward to sharing the dyno numbers with all of you very, very soon.

Scheduled pick up is this week, and scheduled delivery is next week.. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, Peak. But enough with this topic, legts move on to yours now.. :icon_thumleft:

Once again, thanks to everyone else for the kind words. Pics and vids to follow VERY soon.

CONGRATS KISCO!!!

Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted which is fantastic!!!

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see some more pics :D

:iamwithstupid:

=))

Will post pics as soon as I get the car back.

Car is getting on a truck thursday morning of this week.. :icon_super:

img0867l.jpg

That looks like a very clean and simple bolt-on.

I like.

Hope it's not a problem to duplicate in a Spyder