UGR Bolt-on TT system

RedGTS

Again, Bernard, we can argue till days end, and there will never be a clear answer because all that has been talked about now is assumptions. If anything, what IS CLEAR, is that there has been a bolt on TT kit car running around for TWO YEARS now and it has been perfect. That is the ONLY fact that we know and can attest to regarding a bolt on TT kit.

I say we just congratulate Ronnie on his purchase for now and leave all negativity out.. :icon_thumleft:

Hey Fadi, I am not being negative, just apprehensive. A year ago, built engines were making 900/950 rwhp, we still have no info on reliability of the 1300hp monsters. You are on completely new ground... and since you don't have a warranty better to play it safe with a lower boost setting imo. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Fadi, I am not being negative, just apprehensive. A year ago, built engines were making 900/950 rwhp, we still have no info on reliability of the 1300hp monsters. You are on completely new ground... and since you don't have a warranty better to play it safe with a lower boost setting imo. :icon_thumleft:

Bernard, we appreciate the look out from one Lambo brother to another.. :icon_thumleft:

But to be quite frank, I just don't understand why no one is taking the DLM TT car into consideration here. The proof is in the pudding if you ask me, but we are all aware that ANYTHING can happen, be it a built engine or not built.

Cheers.

Bernard, we appreciate the look out from one Lambo brother to another.. :icon_thumleft:

The proof is in the pudding if you ask me,

Cheers.

Hey, thats someone else's pudding, worry about your own pudding, and since your tuner has no skin in the game, best to stick with good old plain vanilla! You know I am watching your back, some one has to. :icon_thumleft:

I say get the car you love and make it go as fast as you desire and if it breaks which it will before or after you sell it, repair it and move on and thats that. I think that from what I have seen from the G turbo system builders (UGR, DLM, HEFF), is that they have pushed the envelope with the G platform to the limits built bottom ends and not built, and have a complete understanding of what it takes to get the max out of these setups (longevity and performance). Just enjoy what you have! Consider all the risks and if you are prepared properly no real harm will be done...and alot of fun will be had!

Hey, thats someone else's pudding, worry about your own pudding, and since your tuner has no skin in the game, best to stick with good old plain vanilla! You know I am watching your back, some one has to. :icon_thumleft:

My tuner has no skin in the game? Please explain...

Oh, I do worry about my pudding. Of course, it is MY pudding, but it is nice to see the other pudding still tasting amazing even after its projected expiration date..:icon_thumleft:

Thanks! Makes me wish I had a clear rear bumper, but I guess that would look kind of strange. :)

Ronnie, If I had that TT system on my car I would demand to have a clear bumper!

I know you've heard it before but congrats on your decision and your boosted G ride! Very Impresive, these cars are a hoot to drive with Turbo's, NOW the fun begins!

Best regards,

Doug

I say get the car you love and make it go as fast as you desire and if it breaks which it will before or after you sell it, repair it and move on and thats that. I think that from what I have seen from the G turbo system builders (UGR, DLM, HEFF), is that they have pushed the envelope with the G platform to the limits built bottom ends and not built, and have a complete understanding of what it takes to get the max out of these setups (longevity and performance). Just enjoy what you have! Consider all the risks and if you are prepared properly no real harm will be done...and alot of fun will be had!

best way to look at it IMO.....

My tuner has no skin in the game? Please explain...

Oh, I do worry about my pudding. Of course, it is MY pudding, but it is nice to see the other pudding still tasting amazing even after its projected expiration date..:icon_thumleft:

No $$$ liability if the engine blows.

Ok, heres to pudding with no expiration dates! Enjoy your G-TT and lets see that dyno. I wanna see if I won that guessing game! :icon_thumleft:

There are a lot of backhanded compliments in this thread. Also, when you spend a large sum of money to build a car the last thing you care about is resale value. Just my opinion.

No $$$ liability if the engine blows.

Ok, heres to pudding with no expiration dates! Enjoy your G-TT and lets see that dyno. I wanna see if I won that guessing game! :icon_thumleft:

If the engine blows, of course it is not covered. It's not a built engine. This goes for any tuner out there and not just DL, as Ronnie stated earlier in this thread.

Regarding the dyno, you got it, homie.. :icon_mrgreen:

Ronnie, If I had that TT system on my car I would demand to have a clear bumper!

I know you've heard it before but congrats on your decision and your boosted G ride! Very Impresive, these cars are a hoot to drive with Turbo's, NOW the fun begins!

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug. I think Fadi and I both are on cloud 9 right now (well Fadi is--I'll have to hang around cloud 7 until I actually get the car back in the garage!). BTW I'd love to make it down for the next runway event whenever that is and meet some of the south FL crew. I'll have to keep my eye out for that.

In regard to tuners not disclosing pricing...

Heffners new(and previous) web site includes(d) pricing on his TT and other forced induction systems.

Of course, with any shop...any additional parts /services /special requests will effect the cost.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com

Congrats on your TT bolt on kit.

Good luck and be careful running it on anything but low/mild boost imo. Higher boost #'s on stock internals is a recipe for disaster...even with a proper tune.

And thats my guess in regard to why Jason Heffner quoted lower hp gains with a bolt on system. Not speaking for him at all but knowing him well enough I can say he most likely wants his customers to rest easy over the long term vs. offering higher HP#'s and higher risk of failure.

I also wouldn't consider purchasing a used, mild to high boosted TT G with stock internals at any price and feel its irresponsible for a tuner to sell a customer a system with a high chance of failure and a possible HUGE repair bill. Now if UR will cover an engine failure then game on.

Thanks Doug. I think Fadi and I both are on cloud 9 right now (well Fadi is--I'll have to hang around cloud 7 until I actually get the car back in the garage!). BTW I'd love to make it down for the next runway event whenever that is and meet some of the south FL crew. I'll have to keep my eye out for that.

Congrats on your build and very impressive dyno numbers Ronnie!

You will certainly love your car .. :icon_thumleft:

Props to both you and Fadi for both making a very brave decision

and having your cars TT without an engine build.

This is uncharted territory at the power levels seen here but

also very interesting and exciting.

Enjoy your ride..That's why you built it..

In regard to tuners not disclosing pricing...

Heffners new(and previous) web site includes(d) pricing on his TT and other forced induction systems.

Of course, with any shop...any additional parts /services /special requests will effect the cost.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com

Congrats on your TT bolt on kit.

Good luck and be careful running it on anything but low/mild boost imo. Higher boost #'s on stock internals is a recipe for disaster...even with a proper tune.

And thats my guess in regard to why Jason Heffner quoted lower hp gains with a bolt on system. Not speaking for him at all but knowing him well enough I can say he most likely wants his customers to rest easy over the long term vs. offering higher HP#'s and higher risk of failure.

I also wouldn't consider purchasing a used, mild to high boosted TT G with stock internals at any price and feel its irresponsible for a tuner to sell a customer a system with a high chance of failure and a possible HUGE repair bill. Now if UR will cover an engine failure then game on.

Thanks. Just to clarify, your post makes it sound like UGR enticed me in by promising (and delivering) huge horsepower gains that wouldn't be reliable over the long term, which was irresponsible on their part. That is not the case. I only discussed pump gas numbers with both Jason and UGR, and they told me the exact same thing. I never discussed running race gas and higher boost or what the car would do with it with either tuner, and UGR has not told me it would be safe to run any specific amount of boost, although obviously lower is safer. I decided literally the day of the dyno to ask Kevin to make a couple of pulls with race gas at 8 and 10 psi, for two reasons. First, I discovered there is race gas at a pump near my house (which I thought had been removed). And second, I knew Fadi was running 10 psi on his setup so I was comfortable that the car wouldn't immediately pop something. The results are what they are. As I've said previously, I will likely never run 10 psi, but will run lots of 4 psi and maybe use the 8 psi setting on rare occasions.

Congrats on your build and very impressive dyno numbers Ronnie!

You will certainly love your car .. :icon_thumleft:

Props to both you and Fadi for both making a very brave decision

and having your cars TT without an engine build.

This is uncharted territory at the power levels seen here but

also very interesting and exciting.

Enjoy your ride..That's why you built it..

Thanks Jerry. I need to get a ride in an R version sometime soon!

Good luck to both of the newly twinned stock motor guys. It is with your pioneering efforts that we may find out exactly what these motors are capable of, and for how long.

Thanks Jerry. I need to get a ride in an R version sometime soon!

Get to the DFW area and you can drive mine.... :)

Thanks. Just to clarify, your post makes it sound like UGR enticed me in by promising (and delivering) huge horsepower gains that wouldn't be reliable over the long term, which was irresponsible on their part. That is not the case. I only discussed pump gas numbers with both Jason and UGR, and they told me the exact same thing. I never discussed running race gas and higher boost or what the car would do with it with either tuner, and UGR has not told me it would be safe to run any specific amount of boost, although obviously lower is safer. I decided literally the day of the dyno to ask Kevin to make a couple of pulls with race gas at 8 and 10 psi, for two reasons. First, I discovered there is race gas at a pump near my house (which I thought had been removed). And second, I knew Fadi was running 10 psi on his setup so I was comfortable that the car wouldn't immediately pop something. The results are what they are. As I've said previously, I will likely never run 10 psi, but will run lots of 4 psi and maybe use the 8 psi setting on rare occasions.

You're welcome and thanks for the clarification. It's important for this crowd to hear about such conversations.

It's clear UR is treating your right and you understand the risks. Enjoy it! :icon_thumleft:

Lastly,

What was the deciding factor in choosing UR over Heffners Performance?

Again, Bernard, we can argue till days end, and there will never be a clear answer because all that has been talked about now is assumptions. If anything, what IS CLEAR, is that there has been a bolt on TT kit car running around for TWO YEARS now and it has been perfect. That is the ONLY fact that we know and can attest to regarding a bolt on TT kit.

I say we just congratulate Ronnie on his purchase for now and leave all negativity out.. :icon_thumleft:

2 years and we have just heard of it now?

2 years and we have just heard of it now?

Yup. This is what I was told. 2 years now.

And to be honest, I hope the cars last and deliver many many miles of fun for the both of you!

Thanks, Allan. We wish you, and everyone else, the same.. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, Allan. We wish you, and everyone else, the same.. :icon_thumleft:

Ditto! We're all part of an ongoing learning process that started with the first TTG Jason did several years ago now. And yes there are risks involved, but there are also amazing rewards! Oh and Fadi, one of us needs to buy a Vbox soon. :eusa_think: