Veyron speeding ticket in CA.

Assman

LOL... 23 running the toll roads at 1:30am... NICE

Though he picked about the worst possible area to do it in. A-V is riddled with cops watching that road.

Gotta stay up a bit on the 133/241 :eusa_naughty:

I was supposed to send this to a Highway patrol officer I know, but I didn't have time. He did say that if it's real it would have had to be caught by an airplane because the radar detectors don't go that high, and it would indicate that on the ticket.

I was supposed to send this to a Highway patrol officer I know, but I didn't have time. He did say that if it's real it would have had to be caught by an airplane because the radar detectors don't go that high, and it would indicate that on the ticket.

1. The section for 100+ is 22348(b ). I don't know a single officer that would write the 65+ violation for a 100+ violation

2. The correct section for 65+ is 22349(a), not (b )

3. 65+ is an infraction, not a misdemeanor

4. He wrote the name again in the owners box, yet also check the "same as driver" box

5. Looks like a letter "A" in the age box

6. I don't believe radar reads over 199

7. a) Aircraft have to pace, and they don't go 200+

b ) A pace needs to be outlined in the location box. IE: N/B X from Y to Z

c) If an aircraft paced, the radar box wouldn't be checked

haha that is right next to my house, and yes it is possible as i have got the lp640 into the 160+. wiether or not its fake i am not sure. that road is super strait and i would never try doing that speed if i had not patroled it once

it would have had to be caught by an airplane because the radar detectors don't go that high,

so true. when the new highway opened here, a group of us were asked to tryout their radar detectors so we had clearance to go all out. it seems that at speeds above 280km/h, the radar is useless. from what the officer tells me is that the speed is recorded but the picture to prove its you is blurred already, hence they have nothing to hold you accountable on.

1. The section for 100+ is 22348(b ). I don't know a single officer that would write the 65+ violation for a 100+ violation

2. The correct section for 65+ is 22349(a), not (b )

3. 65+ is an infraction, not a misdemeanor

4. He wrote the name again in the owners box, yet also check the "same as driver" box

5. Looks like a letter "A" in the age box

6. I don't believe radar reads over 199

7. a) Aircraft have to pace, and they don't go 200+

b ) A pace needs to be outlined in the location box. IE: N/B X from Y to Z

c) If an aircraft paced, the radar box wouldn't be checked

Great stuff, nice post.

In regards to #1. on the list, I had a CHP officer do me a favor once on the 91 after getting pulled over for doing 135-140mph:

"I'm going to do you a real favor since I like your car and cite you for 99mph".

I didn't quite understand why it was important, beyond 2x the fee, but after reading a bit I was thankful as hell. Massive difference in points, fees, and potential prosecution between 22348 and 22349.

Great stuff, nice post.

In regards to #1. on the list, I had a CHP officer do me a favor once on the 91 after getting pulled over for doing 135-140mph:

"I'm going to do you a real favor since I like your car and cite you for 99mph".

I didn't quite understand why it was important, beyond 2x the fee, but after reading a bit I was thankful as hell. Massive difference in points, fees, and potential prosecution between 22348 and 22349.

Did you know the guy or were your just friendly and fess up to your mistake?

quote from the jalopnik site "no jail time as far as we can see, but a fairly hefty fine."

$500 is hefty? WTF my ticket for doing 85 was close to that.

quote from the jalopnik site "no jail time as far as we can see, but a fairly hefty fine."

$500 is hefty? WTF my ticket for doing 85 was close to that.

in Cali over 100 mph is over 1000 dollars. 210+ I believe would have been automatic jail.

Over 100 is reckeless and can be jail if the cop wants to.

I'm sure over 110 and you are in jail.

Fake.

Great stuff, nice post.

You are correct. I have given people breaks on 100+ before and cited them for 22349. However in the speed box I would write 90 or something. It wouldn't make sense to write the actual speed over 100, then cite the 65 section.

so what abou the guy who was clocked at 242 in a koenigsegg? how did they clock him?

Laser?

Some might go up. I've been with a guy who clocked a jet aircraft for fun :icon_mrgreen:

Who is this guy and how does he afford a Bugatti at 23? No tickets at 210, I was taken to jail for 140 when I was 23.