Help needed

Chipster

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the viper was an 8L and took about 12 quarts. I was assuming the lambo would be less. I think I only ordered one case of 12 liters of the AGIP

Dear Lamborghinisti,

And that is fully synthetic Mobil 1 15W50?

Yes

Also, what oil filter do most of you go with? Just want to be sure i'm ordering the right things. Was planning on doing Redline 15W 50 for oil and Fram ph2842 for the filter....

Dont' buy Fram....too many people here chiming in on issues with it.

I went ahead and ordered the 10W40 AGIP stuff and a Lambo oil filter. Just finished taking the SP Engineering intakes off. It already has some K&N's on it but the edging has torn on both of them so i'm going to order new filters as well. This seems very simple to work on so far. Just need to get a jack and i'll be all set to change the oil :)

Agip is only a brand. Don't buy the "rip-off" Lambo filter. Go to discount Auto, they can cross-reference one for you. I use a German made filter Arnon-Beckley.

Jack alone will not be safe. You need to raise the whole car on stands. The front stands MUST have a cushion plate or it will dent the bottom body panels. On the front, there is no jack point or anchor point....only the flat surface. You MUST read the owners manual carefully and place the stand exactly where it says.

The rear stands fit on the frame rail...no cushion needed.

To remove the filter, you will be removing a body panel with about 14 screws.....take your time with it all. ( I don't know if an early D is different )

Good luck and may the force.....the dark side of the force be with you. :D

Shamile

Early D is different. Only 3 screws. Already took it off.

And Jason, you were of course right, 14 liters. Forgot to check the manual.

As Shamile say's DO not get under your car with a jack alone, use stands. I use two small jacks at the the rear frame. Place from behind the car not the sides, and then alternately pump them both up, this lifts the rear of the car evenly. place two stands under the frame. I leave all four supports there. Just don't like crawling under cars, especially ones this low.

Remember when draining to lower the car so it all flows out.

Thanks guys. Will be knocking this out sometime this week once everything I ordered comes in. Hopefully this takes care of the low oil pressure

Driven it quite a bit. Tried to get it inspected this morning after doing the DMV registration and the Mercedes dealership wouldnt' touch it. Have to try and find a local place one afternoon this week or next weekend. Check engine lights went out. My ONLY concern now is the oil pressure. It seems almost bottomed out at idle but the engine sounds perfect. No oil burning smell, no leakage. Not sure what the deal is

The oil pressure when cold should read around 10bars. The gauge should be almost pinned. When at running temp. the gauge should read around 2 bars(idle). You can check the oil pressure with a manual gauge. The connection is next to the oil filter, under the car. If the oil pressure is good with the manual gauge, then you might have a sending unit issue. Good luck. Great color combo.

Basically, at intial startup, it seems around 3 I think. Once it's at idle and warmed up it's lower, around 2. At around 4k rpms, it's about 5 or 6 possibly. I'll do the oil change and then see if it changes.

At idle, your oil should be jacked up high, and then come down. @ 2 sounds too low.............

After a complete warm up, at idle you should be 3-5.

Your oil pressure numbers seem fine, except your start up pressure. Never seen a diablo that starts up cold with only 3 bars of oil pressure. If you dont know the history of your car, you might want to drop the oil pan cover, when changing your oil, and check the screen inside. These screens have a history of building up debris.

Your oil pressure numbers seem fine, except your start up pressure. Never seen a diablo that starts up cold with only 3 bars of oil pressure. If you dont know the history of your car, you might want to drop the oil pan cover, when changing your oil, and check the screen inside. These screens have a history of building up debris.

thats great advise.

There are these traps to help the oil stabilize in turns so it doesnt go dry.

Maybe it was higher at startup and i'm just not remembering. I was reading more in the manual....shouldn't i get a low oil pressure light on the dash if the oil pressure is low? I know I shouldn't rely on that but just curious.

Anything below 1bar will trigger the oil light. If you do have a oil pressure issue, Its best to catch it now, before it damages the engine. I already went through that issue. $30,000 later. Parts are not cheap on these cars.

Thanks!

AGIP oil arrived today. Air filters and hopefully the oil filter arrive tomorrow so i'll be able to knock it out tomorrow night.

Thanks!

AGIP oil arrived today. Air filters and hopefully the oil filter arrive tomorrow so i'll be able to knock it out tomorrow night.

air filters are a bitch to unscrew. If you have tiny hands you will be fine, otherwise, go slow and dont drop any screws.

I got both those puppies off in about 5 minutes the other day and I dont think my hands are small! Getting them back on may take a little longer though

Actually, I only think its tuff putting K&Ns back in. They are a little thicker then stock.

You couldn't be more right. The filters were here when I got home from work so I thought, "hey, i'll just pop these back in real quick"........Yeaaaa, that didn't happen. Took like an hour or more. That intake section is not flat. Oh well, they are on well enough now. Upon starting up, my oil pressure did go up to about 6 bar and stayed somewhere around 3 after warmed up. Still going to do the oil change once the filter gets here though. Someone may have to try the air filters by AFE, because they advertise as a direct fit for Lamborghini Diablo. The K&N's, while fitting, do not show up on the K&N website as fitting.