Stupid People (Unwanted Attention)

JohnLP560

Have you guys ever noticed when out in the Lambo, you get a lot of "stupid" unwanted attention? I am not talking about the 5 year old kid that takes pictures politely or the normal thumbs up, but I am talking about people yelling stupid remarks, kids always telling you to burnout or rev your engine, people purposely cutting you off just to piss you off, POS cars always trying to race you etc.

So lets hear some stories..

I literally can't drive the car from my house to the gas station without being harrased in one way or another. This is just something that comes with the terriitroy of a Lamborghini ownership and you either accept it or you don't. It sucks, but true.

When some crappy cars try to race me, you know what I do? I race them!! After I demolish them, they learn to never try to race me again. Problem solved.. :icon_mrgreen:

Haha thats true, I don't racing if it's something actually worth it. But most of these people when they race they do some stupid shit. Some guy in a SL55 almost lost control when he swerved into the shoulder trying to catch up to me!

I literally can't drive the car from my house to the gas station without being harrased in one way or another. This is just something that comes with the terriitroy of a Lamborghini ownership and you either accept it or you don't. It sucks, but true.

When some crappy cars try to race me, you know what I do? I race them!! After I demolish them, they learn to never try to race me again. Problem solved.. :icon_mrgreen:

man, i've had to deal with some real retards. it makes me real nervous with all the people speeding up and slowing down just to take a picture/movie. I don't mind it at all as I would do the same thing(and have done in the past when I saw a cool car) but theres a level of decency/respect that some people tend to lose(possibly never had) when they see a lambo on the road. it really does make people do crazy things and act a fool. I was not expecting that when i bought the car!

• 1 month later...
man, i've had to deal with some real retards. it makes me real nervous with all the people speeding up and slowing down just to take a picture/movie. I don't mind it at all as I would do the same thing(and have done in the past when I saw a cool car) but theres a level of decency/respect that some people tend to lose(possibly never had) when they see a lambo on the road. it really does make people do crazy things and act a fool. I was not expecting that when i bought the car!

:iamwithstupid:

There are also some guys that are trying to act cool by not looking at the car but as soon as you past by they look back. I have also notice soccer moms are taking more interest in our cars than say a Porsche and it is annoying when those minivans are trying to catch you just to look at the car.

guys i had a really bad experience last year first week i had my RR phantom coupe a guy came next to me and was taking pictures he was on my left and while he was taking pictures he bumped into me without noticing i had the car at the dealer for a month then sold it lost a lot of money on it cuz of stupid mistakes people make

1) do not look at people because if you smirk they will think you are an arrogant AH

2) keep shades on at all time

3) Look at people looking at you, through your shades, like Arnold in the Terminator. No emotion, who knows maybe you do have binary digits flashing behind those shades ;)

4) Destroy anyone that tries to race you

5) Look at pretty girls with a ice look. You have the upper hand in your rock star car. If they are really fit get their number.

6) If someone gives you a thumbs up, nod you head a few cms cooly in aknowledgement. Then floor it and make a lot of noise

7) Enjoy the attention, it is like being famous.

I've had all these issues in my Elise and now that I own the G, it is quickly going to a new level! I mostly just go play with my car on the mountain twisties around here and the most you get then is a thumbs up from the hunters and fisherman you pass. Drove the car into Portland one day and the number of idiots was amazing. Not sure how you guys in cities deal with this, I was almost hit twice by folks pulling up next to me taking pictures then they drifted over into my lane - same deal as the poor guy in the RR!

Car is great, the attention it draws is something I'm not thrilled with!

I've seen 98% positive response. I did, however, drive past someone yesterday and as I passed, I heard him yell "wait till you park, I'm gonna rob you!".....wow haha. I do live & drive in the city, but thank god my parking is beneath my condo in a secure garage.

Gotta love the little kids, anytime I'm parked and one comes up, I always let him hop inside and get a picture to show his friends. As Pokie mentioned I've also seen a lot of Soccer moms checking the SL out... Pittsburgh has some gorgeous soccer moms!! ;)

I just posted these in another post regarding my wheels when someone asked, but figured they were appropriate here as well.

Let me state - BEWARE OF THOSE DRIVERS TAKING PICTURES:

p8317138sm.th.jpg

p8317139sm.th.jpg

p8317140sm.th.jpg

p8317141sm.th.jpg

p8317142sm.th.jpg

p8317143sm.th.jpg

p8317144sm.th.jpg

basically here is the story:

eah, so everyone takes pictures of the car when I'm out. Frequently drivers swerve, haul ass to catch up to me, etc. etc. all so they can get a crappy camphone pic of a lambo. Well yesterday evening it finally happened. I was leaving bestbuy and apparently one of their employees were leaving at the same time (bad omens were already abound as I parked at the back of the lot only to walk out and have 5 POS' parked all around me - and one so close i had to check the passenger side of the car to make sure i wasn't dinged). I romped on it when leaving down the main road there and I see this 97 Astro Van speeding up to try and follow me. I pull into the right hand turn lane, he follows, and i see his camera phone in his window (not an abnormal thing)...the kid is basically stopped behind me at this point...I look down and WHAM - he rams the back of the lambo...

The kid is 19, never been in an accident, the piece of crap he is driving is his Dads, and he hits a lamborghini of all cars. I called police and my insurance and Charlie down at Lambo Denver. The kid tried to play it off "his brakes", "I was sitting there and he thought i was driving", etc. etc. so I told the cop what the deal was (he was checking the kids cell phone when i drove away).

Thankfully (if there could be anything good), the damage only looks like its the plastic and such in the back - bumper, piece above the bumper, diffuser, etc. none of the actual metal or anything so I shouldnt have to deal with some random body shop pulling a Spicolli on me. But i am sure its going to be weeks of fighting with insurance companies over lost value and all that kinda crap.

But i am sure its going to be weeks of fighting with insurance companies over lost value and all that kinda crap.

My mother had her pristine 98 Integra GSR stolen and it took almost three months to finally get the insurance check. They kept kept giving us stock Integra values instead of the GSR values. What a hassle the whole ordeal was.

Damn man, sorry to hear about that! Sounds like a big pain in the ass. Hopefully everything gets fixed up soon!

I just posted these in another post regarding my wheels when someone asked, but figured they were appropriate here as well.

Let me state - BEWARE OF THOSE DRIVERS TAKING PICTURES:

p8317138sm.th.jpg

p8317139sm.th.jpg

p8317140sm.th.jpg

p8317141sm.th.jpg

p8317142sm.th.jpg

p8317143sm.th.jpg

p8317144sm.th.jpg

basically here is the story:

eah, so everyone takes pictures of the car when I'm out. Frequently drivers swerve, haul ass to catch up to me, etc. etc. all so they can get a crappy camphone pic of a lambo. Well yesterday evening it finally happened. I was leaving bestbuy and apparently one of their employees were leaving at the same time (bad omens were already abound as I parked at the back of the lot only to walk out and have 5 POS' parked all around me - and one so close i had to check the passenger side of the car to make sure i wasn't dinged). I romped on it when leaving down the main road there and I see this 97 Astro Van speeding up to try and follow me. I pull into the right hand turn lane, he follows, and i see his camera phone in his window (not an abnormal thing)...the kid is basically stopped behind me at this point...I look down and WHAM - he rams the back of the lambo...

The kid is 19, never been in an accident, the piece of crap he is driving is his Dads, and he hits a lamborghini of all cars. I called police and my insurance and Charlie down at Lambo Denver. The kid tried to play it off "his brakes", "I was sitting there and he thought i was driving", etc. etc. so I told the cop what the deal was (he was checking the kids cell phone when i drove away).

Thankfully (if there could be anything good), the damage only looks like its the plastic and such in the back - bumper, piece above the bumper, diffuser, etc. none of the actual metal or anything so I shouldnt have to deal with some random body shop pulling a Spicolli on me. But i am sure its going to be weeks of fighting with insurance companies over lost value and all that kinda crap.

Driving on highway in slow lane, traffic moving slow in rush hour. Large F350, lifted and 2 loosers inside all tatted out and with tapout decal on rear window, pulls up next to me with both phone cams out. Traffic stops ahead in their lane only, I laugh as they come to a stop as the inertia of the truck runs into a stopped car ahead.

Almost happens the same way daily. These guys unlucky I guess.

I always hear the stories of being followed, that freaks me out.

Good luck Villain, and what yr is your g? beautiful.

Good luck Villain, and what yr is your g? beautiful.

It's an 08. Thanks for the props and for all the well wishes. May have my car back next week even - all the plastic is here and at the paint shop. They are the best and will take their time, but its just a few relatively small pieces, so I am feeling optimistic :-)

I rarely have people make derogatory comments. Maybe I've just been lucky, but it does piss me off when they say something particularly rude and one of my boys is with me. Most people want to talk and the kids get a kick out of sitting in it and taking pictures.

I had the best encounter in some time today. A minivan pulled up on my left and an elderly woman in the driver seat, who could barely see over the door, put her arm out the window and gave me a thumbs up and her husband had a big smile on his face. They both must have been in their early 70's.

Have you guys noticed that when we drive these cars, we happen to locate / run into idiots including slow drivers in the fast lane doing 45mph or drivers going at the same speed blocking you from passing?

And that's why the best time for a drive is 6AM on the weekends for a nice cruise on the freeway and down by your favorite coffee shop. Evenings are also good for driving. Afternoon drives specially mon-fri and getting in line with traffic, then you will expect these idiots on the road and higher levels of stress.