Happy Ramadan!!

Kisco

Going to be a tough one this year. Sunset not until 8:30 p.m. here in MI. :rant:

Kil sine wa inta salem to all of you!! God bless.

Guest skokos

I think I stayed at a Ramadan Inn once.It was pretty easy check in check out.continental breakfast. :)

drums.gif

can someone explain why it wont be easy? I dont celebrate Ramadan by am curious.

I'm not %100 sure but I think because Ramadan started in summer, the sunset times are very late thus people who are fasting won't be able to eat until really late, but don't quote me on this because a friend of mine told me this!

I'm not %100 sure but I think because Ramadan started in summer, the sunset times are very late thus people who are fasting won't be able to eat until really late, but don't quote me on this because a friend of mine told me this!

Correct.

can someone explain why it wont be easy? I dont celebrate Ramadan by am curious.

Yeah. What was mentioned. Ramadan is basically the month of fasting so we cannot eat while the sun is up. Sunrise is around 3:45 and sunset is 8PM. So we go roughly 16 hours without food. (This also includes drinks and whatnot, we cannot have water either)

Since Ramadan is 11 days shorter every year (it runs on the lunar calendar), once we hit July and June...we're screwed.

Oh come on, suck it up you babies. BTW, I found that milk helps keep the hunger at bay, so after "breakfast," 2 glasses of cold whole milk and you'll be set.

Happy Ramadan all!

Ramadhan Mubarak guys...Currently its 18 hours or so :(

Next year will be easy for me as I'm moving to the Southern Hemisphere :eusa_dance:

I'll be in town in the next couple weeks, we should get together.

Just shoot e a PM, David. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, Destructo.

Man, it's tough this time around. Geesh..

Semi seriously, are there any Islamic proscriptions against methamphetamines or really strong diet pills?

Semi seriously, are there any Islamic proscriptions against methamphetamines or really strong diet pills?

It depends on the intnention of use of the methamphetamines. If it's to get high, then yes. If it's to help cure a disease (ADHD), then no.

It depends on the intnention of use of the methamphetamines. If it's to get high, then yes. If it's to help cure a disease (ADHD), then no.

Interesting to say the least. Is there a belief that curing the disease is wrong?

Interesting to say the least. Is there a belief that curing the disease is wrong?

Not that I am aware of. At least not in the Muslim religion.

Happy Ramadan! So how long before the lunar cycle reverses and the time period between sunrise and sunset start to get shorter again? 16 hours of fasting has to be tough...how do the kidos do?