Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skokos
any similarities?

mclarenp112.jpg

car_photo_320935_25.jpg

i'd still buy one though!

Anyone remember the Cala?

Lamborghini-Cala-Concept_1.jpg

what most people see seems to be how the car looks. After reading some of the technical specs on this car, I have to admit i was blown away by all the advances in technology this car delivers. Carbon fiber chassis, proactive suspension(no need for antiroll bars), precog paddle shift, meridian entertainment system, brake steer system, etc. I dont think any car in its class even comes close. The 458 and G will have a lot of catching up to do. If it meets their anticipated price, it will be a very formidable competitor indeed. I dont know of any car in this segment that has a carbon chassis. At 150 bp, which is 260k roughly, its amazing they managed to incorporate a carbon tub and all that technology into it.. Yes the styling may be a bit bland, but hey its the Brits.... lol

Mclaren has always been function over form,every thing for a reason.I also agree that doesnt matter if its a real dog looking car,which to be honest I dont think it is.But I think we should give them some leway.We are talking about an inhouse derived and built mclaren chassis and new engine and with the racing experience in the last 50 years up there with the best I think its going to be fantastic.

mclaren automotive now has there website up for those interested,has nice interactive area.

Register your interest and get your car.... just after me...I hope....

Definitely agree with the "Lotus" comments, felt that way within seconds of seeing it.

Doesn't mean that it won't be THE pick as the true driver's car out of that lofty trinity of the 458, GT2, LP560.

If it really does weigh just 2600lbs it will demolish any of them at any speed and on any track, and if it's as razor sharp as they claim it will likely be the most rewarding of the group to drive as well. A lot of "ifs". We'll see.

Well if it comes out in 2011 Lamborghini and Ferrari will have enough time to destroy it with future derivatives of the 560 and 458.

Man, definitely hodgepodge...sort of MR2 ish only newer styling with Ferrari and Gallardo tones. I am sure it would look better in person but right now pass.

McLaren looks like the generic design of a "sports car" that you'd see in some B-level video game.

Exactly my opinion. Take off the badges, and it's just any sportscar Lotus, Toyota, Nissan, Infiniti, Audi, you name it...

Well if it comes out in 2011 Lamborghini and Ferrari will have enough time to destroy it with future derivatives of the 560 and 458.

Not sure if that would be the case as 2011 is within 2 years... and that is when Lambo is coming out with the murcie replacement... The 458 will only be a little half way through its product cycle... So unless lambo or Ferrari decides to do their replacements with carbon chassis, 2800 lb curb weight by 2011, Id say the Mclaren will have the upperhand for quite some time.... And I am most certain that it is Mclaren product and competitive strategy.

No chance this thing has a 2200lbs curb weight.

That´s Zonda weight which has no electronical nannies at all, not even US legal, this thing however seems to be laden with BS. I´d be shocked if it lands well under 3500.

I´m sure by 2011 there will be atleast an SL version of the 560 and maybe even a true facelift. Look at the rate they were pushing out cars up till now, although the economy now will probably slow it down.

And they are also showing all theire cards....

Exactly my opinion. Take off the badges, and it's just any sportscar Lotus, Toyota, Nissan, Infiniti, Audi, you name it...

I get the impression you do not understand the real concepts of this car and the McLaren ethos.

Clothes do not make the man in the same the shell does not make the car.

Ol' Bruce McLaren and Colin Chapman share a similar ethos when it comes to cars, light and lithe.

Gordon Murray carried this on along with no compromise car design - One of the reasons Murray left Macca is because of the SLR project having Merc wanting to install superfluous tech onto an already bulky car.

This car is trying to return to the original core values which is only a good thing. Twin turbo engine into a light car, look at what Heffner does...

People are saying they do not care about the C02 emissions to BHP figure but that is the figure that will be used as a benchmark in the future.

I want supercars in the future not cars like the shitty fart box hybrids we have now being championed by greeny fucktards.

That car will be a beast and it is more ground breaking than you realise right now.

Nope, I think I understand their philosophy, it's light (we'll see for sure), pretty powerful, turbo, relatively simple exterior design, well engineered, and from many angles reminds me of the F1. But, similarly to the F1, it's exterior design is somehow cold and emotionless, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure it's gonna be a great car, as the F1 was.

No chance this thing has a 2200lbs curb weight.

That´s Zonda weight which has no electronical nannies at all, not even US legal, this thing however seems to be laden with BS. I´d be shocked if it lands well under 3500.

I´m sure by 2011 there will be atleast an SL version of the 560 and maybe even a true facelift. Look at the rate they were pushing out cars up till now, although the economy now will probably slow it down.

And they are also showing all theire cards....

According to Edmunds Inside Line the new Mclaren is around 2800 lbs dry and 3000 lbs with a full tank of fuel. It's still lighter than both the 458 and LP560-4, and has a lot more power. If Mclaren is successful I'm sure we'll see a lightweight LM version down the line.

it looks like a hyundai...the thing could have 100000000hp and be a GTT killer in stock form and i still rather take a "dated" LP640 over it any day of the week. I mean honestly sit down and think about it, half of the reason you guys all love lambos is because of the looks

Here is the MP4-12C with GT 01R and #75 (one of three F1s that belonged to the Ojjeh brothers, Saudi entrepreneurs, and the last F1 road car built)

post-337-1253080906_thumb.jpg

post-337-1253080977_thumb.jpg