Best Exercise to cut body fat/Gain Muscle

pockmark

People are too lazy, also most don't know how to workout or anything about nutrition. BTW, does eating meat cause meat to get stuck in your intestines and colon for weeks, or is that if you just eat meat?

One good way to get veggies raw that you hate is to mix them in with fruits and with water, then ground them up and drink it down.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this no carb/high protein talk got me motivated and today I had a first.

Protein/Animal Style Burger with no fries and no bun from In N Out.

LennyL4P.jpg

PM me your email, I will try to send you the cutting program calorie intake for your weight.

I followed it for mine and saw abs in 3 weeks, lean and looking good since then. Just gotta keep it up afterwards, that`s the hardest part.

After drinking sugar free and diet sodas for about 6 years I can`t really stand regular ones now - you will do the same if you stick with diet for a month.

Vitamin C 3 grams daily for muscle repair, Vitamins - GNC is fine, peeing yellow or lime is normal.

Do not eat an hour after cardio or 2-4 before, eat within an hour of lifting with weights.

Good luck

Do not eat an hour after cardio or 2-4 before, eat within an hour of lifting with weights.

Damn...screwed this up. Really???

I have to wait an hour after I run....

Why is this?

The problem with diets for me is I don't really eat meat (except for the occasional burger).

I also don't eat chicken, turkey, fish ect...

I am pretty much a vegetarian so I have to find the right diet that will supplement what I am losing by not consuming meat.

Good luck

I will respectfully disagree. The window for repair is wide open within an hour of cardio. The BEST time your muscles are receptive to calories is this time. Keep in mind that when I workout, I am really doing serious cardio where my heartrate is above anaerobic threshold for a majority of the workout.

http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html

and, eating before is important. If you workout early in the morning, as I tend to do, a I take a carbo drink like Cytomax with my suplements just to give me a little extra boost. THe worst thing that can happen is bonking and running out of energy. Having a little something can have a sparking effect and you could actually burn more calories.

http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html

and, eating before is important. If you workout early in the morning, as I tend to do, a I take a carbo drink like Cytomax with my suplements just to give me a little extra boost. THe worst thing that can happen is bonking and running out of energy. Having a little something can have a sparking effect and you could actually burn more calories.

This is the problem. Everyone is different and everyone has different advice........

This is the problem. Everyone is different and everyone has different advice........

Different answers to the same puzzle. Basically if you do a rigorous work out consistantly you'll be healthy and leaner. That's a unifying fact.

BTW, does eating meat cause meat to get stuck in your intestines and colon for weeks, or is that if you just eat meat?

Meat is fine, low fat ,high quality meat will keep it flowing through the body, as long as its with proper and full hydration, drink lots of water, and wine (for those nights out at the steakhouse).

I'm from the old school book of "Ball an Bitches", so most might not like my philosophy. All my life it's been as simple as: bust your ass, till you feel like passing out, give your self 3-5 minutes to rest and do it again (per workout session). Eat whatever the hell you want, anytime you want as long as it isnt BS like too much bread, fat or alcohol, and stay away from pasta unless its 12-18hrs before a murderous competition of such (Triathlon etc.). If you're gonna drink, stay away from dark colored stuff and beers, stick to the vodkas and gins... Aside from that eat, what you want, drink what you want, but make sure you're borderline killing yourself and the body will take care of the rest. The human body is an Amazing Machine that is capable of things you can only imagine. Take care of it, put it under a certain amount of significant stress (without injure) consistently and you will be pleased with the results. Like a Gallardo!

Party when you want, play when you want, give one day a week (I save it for a weekend day)to eat any decadent thing you want (so your life wont be miserable on a program) and stay diligent. Run, the first thing in the morning with no food in the stomach (burns fat more effectively), lift in the afternoons and evenings (your sleeptime allows for your body to utilize it's full recovery resources), and do it again, and again, and again...

Swil, that's great advice. When I was in grad school one summer I rollerbladed consistantly in a circuit 5 times/ week. Same thing, not too killer, just consistantly. I lost 30 lbs doing that. I did not alter my diet, nor my drinking, anything. Of course it helped that I was 25 years old.

I in general eat very limited sweets, I always make sure to eat some raw carrots each day, and I eat pasta usually multiple times each day, along with some form of meat.

I do not drink, smoke, chew, or any of that.

Yeah, those are burpees, but she's doing them so slow it won't do anything. You are supposed to do them fast, like drop down, kick your feet back, lower into the bottom portion of a pushup, push back up to the front leaning rest, pull your feet back in, and then explode upwards into a jump, then the second your feet hit the ground, repeat, as fast as you can.

This could be a fun way to coach a women's fitness class, all that jumping, if you know what I mean ;) :)

Yeah, those are burpees, but she's doing them so slow it won't do anything. You are supposed to do them fast, like drop down, kick your feet back, lower into the bottom portion of a pushup, push back up to the front leaning rest, pull your feet back in, and then explode upwards into a jump, then the second your feet hit the ground, repeat, as fast as you can.

Lol, not the response I was expecting.

I went through basic training and 4 years in the navy. I know how to do these..... :)

If you want to get really hardcore, you can do them with one-arm, like drop down and do one with the left arm, then the next with the right arm, etc...need to be able to do good, fluent one-arm pushups though. You can also do them with a weighted vest.

Burpee into pullup with a weighted vest. You will lose weight within minutes from vomiting your entire stomach contents.

Swil has it down, though. When I really an motivated to get lean, a 5 mile run in the morning and then weights in the afternoon will get the job done quickly. The only caveat being that as you age, diet becomes more and more important.

If you want to get really hardcore, you can do them with one-arm, like drop down and do one with the left arm, then the next with the right arm, etc...need to be able to do good, fluent one-arm pushups though. You can also do them with a weighted vest.

Fcuk all that, right before bed, 100 push-ups, (4 sets of 25 with 30sec rest in between) everyday...Man-boobs and flab magically disappear within a week............Your chest, shoulders and triceps mysteriously start to resemble a granite sculpture after 2weeks.

Fcuk all that, right before bed, 100 push-ups, (4 sets of 25 with 30sec rest in between) everyday...Man-boobs and flab magically disappear within a week............

Tear down muscle, it grows back better and stronger! IMO he should start out with ground exercises...pullups, pushups, dips, situps.crunches, until failure, and keep busting ass and trying to achieve new goals every week. Protein, good carbs, multi vitamin, and creatine (optional.) REST.

Fcuk all that, right before bed, 100 push-ups, (4 sets of 25 with 30sec rest in between) everyday...Man-boobs and flab magically disappear within a week............Your chest, shoulders and triceps mysteriously start to resemble a granite sculpture after 2weeks.

And like Swil said, 1 min rest max. BUST ASS. But switch it up. But don't bust ass to where you get sloppy and cheat on your exercise form/quality.

Yep, your body should be stiff as a board while doing said pushups. Trust me, everyone, do 100 tonight as described, by the time you get to your 3rd set you'll be hurting. Anything less is cheating yourself and youll do nothing but get tired and not change your body. But work up to it...Maybe a start of 50 or 75 is a good start.

Anyways, about techinique, do them while sucking in your stomach and flexing the abs, it makes a difference.

All that one armed swing your body, blah blah blah just makes you strong. And ther's alot of strong guys tht look like shit (just watch the strongman competition).

And like Swil said, 1 min rest max. BUST ASS. But switch it up. But don't bust ass to where you get sloppy and cheat on your exercise form/quality.

you can always talk about your bicycling career..........busting ass. lol

you can always talk about your bicycling career..........busting ass. lol

LOL. One day and I was RETIRED. Bad luck.

Man...simply put...lift weights, 10-12 reps, 4 sets. True...guys on strongman can lift cars, but look like fat POS's who live with their mom. You're training for a different goal. High Intensity weight lifting and a little cardio is all you need. Have you ever heard of the 300 workout? Was sparta litfint cars to get jacked? Nope. Just box jumps, cleans, etc...the basics. Nutrition makes a HUGE difference btw. Eat complex carbs in the morning and after workouts, a lot of protein, greens, etc. Pretty simple actually. And contrary to what Topcarbon may tell you, taking it up the ass is not the best workout!