Best Exercise to cut body fat/Gain Muscle

pockmark

I will respectfully disagree. The window for repair is wide open within an hour of cardio. The BEST time your muscles are receptive to calories is this time. Keep in mind that when I workout, I am really doing serious cardio where my heartrate is above anaerobic threshold for a majority of the workout.

You might be right, I read that apparently your metabolism is jacked after cardio and body burns fat a lot better during the whole day, but especially an hour after, so if you eat you are burning the food, not fat. Bear in mind this is for like 40-60 min easy runs, not going out of your mind... if you are working out and tearing down muscle, then hell yes you must eat ASAP. Cheers

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like Swil said, 1 min rest max. BUST ASS. But switch it up. But don't bust ass to where you get sloppy and cheat on your exercise form/quality.

I think that REALLY depends from person to person and what your goals are. If you have more rest (2-3 min) between sets you can get in 2-3 reps more per set. Considering that you will be tearing down more muscle if you rest more between sets (2-3 reps more for 4 sets) I would think that the muscles will grow faster and bigger.

If you only rest for 1 min, and you are not completely ready for the next set I would imagine it's better for cardio, but worse for gaining.

I think that REALLY depends from person to person and what your goals are. If you have more rest (2-3 min) between sets you can get in 2-3 reps more per set. Considering that you will be tearing down more muscle if you rest more between sets (2-3 reps more for 4 sets) I would think that the muscles will grow faster and bigger.

If you only rest for 1 min, and you are not completely ready for the next set I would imagine it's better for cardio, but worse for gaining.

I think what he meant is to jumprope to elevate your heartrate so you burn more calories while the target muscle rests.

Lol, not the response I was expecting.

I went through basic training and 4 years in the navy. I know how to do these..... :)

One of the hardest workouts I have ever done was a circuit training week in my HS gym. Coach turned the AC off, and we had 8 stations each were 120 seconds for 30 minutes. Plyometrics box where you had to put 1 foot on the top of a 40 inch box and alternate, jump squats, actual squats, bench press, shoulder press, what we call "up/downs," hang clean, and power clean. There was a garbage can in the middle of the room, and we had everyone from recievers to 315lb linemen throwing up. It was INTENSE!

5 Hill runs in a row this week during peak LA temps.

50 push ups last night (building slowly to the suggested 100)

Cut down carbs a lot.

1 to 1.5 gallons of water.

Thanks guys!

No bike for me though, not yet......

Be careful of doing too many pushups each night as you can lead to shoulder overuse and an injury. Also pushups are mostly a muscle endurance exercise, not a strength exercise, unless you can't do more than 6 - 8 repetitions. Muscle endurance is important, but also develop strength and speed too.

Jason is trying to insert steroids discussion into my thread. :lol2: How do you think he rides his bicycle 300 miles a day?

So I bought only healthy foods today in preparation for the hell I am going to put my body through over the next 3 months. I have to finish up all of the redbulls, junk food, juices, and Gatorade before the end of next week. any thought on eggs? I bought 18 of them to get tons of protein for my early morning workouts.

I expect to lose quite a bit of weight in the first 2 weeks just by simply cutting out sodas. I lost 10 lbs in 1 week last time I did this.

Next week is my getting into the right state of mind week. Beginning the gym, and getting all the fattening shit out of my pantry.

I would start with half the eggs you eat, take out the yolk.

Example: Two eggs, only one yolk.

Then, only the whites after two weeks.

Thats what I was thinking. I will be eating big breakfasts, and a smaller lunch, dinner, and snacks as I will be working out in the morning for the most part until I start doing cardio 2 times a day.

So I bought only healthy foods today in preparation for the hell I am going to put my body through over the next 3 months. I have to finish up all of the redbulls, junk food, juices, and Gatorade before the end of next week. any thought on eggs? I bought 18 of them to get tons of protein for my early morning workouts.

I expect to lose quite a bit of weight in the first 2 weeks just by simply cutting out sodas. I lost 10 lbs in 1 week last time I did this.

Next week is my getting into the right state of mind week. Beginning the gym, and getting all the fattening shit out of my pantry.

No Gatorade?

DId you get protein bars of any sort. I was looking and couldn't decide.