diablo sv

threedogsplumbing

hi there everyone, i sold my 91 diablo awhile back and am looking to get into one again. i have found a couple 98 diablo sv editions and they seem to be at a great price now. is there anything i should know about the sv model? they both have around 21,000 miles on them.

I covet my SV, wouldn't trade it for anything. Very masculine, and menacing. Everybody says the 6.0 is the last great Lambo, well it's not, it's the SV. RAW, Not Audified, RWD, The best looking Diablo made along with the SE. These cars are a steal right now. I wish I didn't own one so I could take advantage.

I covet my SV, wouldn't trade it for anything. Very masculine, and menacing. Everybody says the 6.0 is the last great Lambo, well it's not, it's the SV. RAW, Not Audified, RWD, The best looking Diablo made along with the SE. These cars are a steal right now. I wish I didn't own one so I could take advantage.

I agree. I would recommend the 1999 model as it has the new dash panel design and a little more power. Yes, I have one also.

I agree. I would recommend the 1999 model as it has the new dash panel design and a little more power. Yes, I have one also.

Power between 98 and 99 SV is same..

Power between 98 and 99 SV is same..

true

and also power btw the early ones and 99s is not really much different (there is not the 35 hp difference quoted by lamborghini)

I owned a 1998 for several years and I just had to get the shifter adjusted/aligned once. Honestly one of the best exotics I have ever owned and should have never sold it. Loved the two wheel drive! I put a ton of miles on it...I think I sold mine at 14 or 16k miles and no problems.

I personally would buy the 1999 over the 98...the updated interior/dash looks better in the 99. Also note in 99 you have the different headlights. Best of luck!

post-10287-1253382080_thumb.jpg

true

and also power btw the early ones and 99s is not really much different (there is not the 35 hp difference quoted by lamborghini)

The early and later cars dyno the same...

I own a 98 Monterey Edition SV and I have to say it's the best exotic I have ever owned. The look is aggressive and the handling is great. Not many around like the VT's and with the SV on the side it looks like it is ready for the track. I have owned mine for 2 years and with regular spring and fall fluid changes it runs like a champ. I will not be parting with mine and this is my 3rd Lambo.

:iamwithstupid:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 98 Diablo SV just a few weeks ago for $96k. Couldn't be happier. It's in awesome shape, and for less than an Audi R8.

Sure, it's an 11 year old car, but I think it still looks very exotic compared to some more modern supercars. Nowhere near the creature comforts of the modern Lambos. But for less than $100k, I think they're a great deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...