Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

Damn Kyle, small world! I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but congrats again. I'm really taken back by what you guys accomplished your first time out. I'm regretting not being able to make it out there this time, but I think the March event might be in the cards. I might bring my 996 to have something to goof off with. The vipers with their glass transmissions are not the platform to go 1-miling with.

Just curious about the shutdown. How was it at those speeds? Did you use the chute everytime? How did it feel when it opened? I've never experienced that, and I've always wondered about it.

Thanks again bro, I couldn't be happier. After thinking about it, it was probably more like 7-8 years ago when we talked about those wheels. It was those HRE 547s w/ Pirelli PZeros. That was the prettiest 96 blue/white I had seen. I have (2) 97 blue/white now, both w/ Iforged 19/20" wheels on them because I liked how your car looked so much.

I'll be there again in March as I loved the event and had a ton of fun.....not just because I was driving and the car was doing great (although that helps!), but just because it was fun hanging out, talking, sharing experiences, meeting people, etc.

Let me tell you about the shutdown.....first pass scared the crap out of me on the shutdown! But it was my fault really. I was told that the shutdown was a 1/2 mile long. I thought..cool. I was running 217 when I crossed the line on that first pass. First mistake, I waited a little too long to get on the brakes as I wanted a good mph and went beyond the mile marker a little bit before letting off. Then I quickly realized how fast 1/2 mile goes by when you're going 217mph!! At that point I crammed on the brakes and took the return lane "turn" at about 40mph! :shock: That took a few days off my life. I was WAY more prepared for the second pass. I knew when to let off and how much brake to give it to stop in time. The brakes felt great and I stopped within plenty of time....and I was going 231mph on that pass. I then went 238 and then 241. I NEVER USED THE CHUTE! I was told I was the only one that ever went that fast and never used a chute. That's one thing the Supra guys can't say.....among other things! :icon_super: Gotta love the Lambo brakes!!! :icon_super: On the last 3 passes, the brakes felt great and never made me nervous after that first pass. I even think I could handle 250mph and not use the chute and feel comfortable doing it.....but that's about it!

Probably see you in March

Kyle

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just making a few jokes, not hating on your cars at all! Hence the :) :)

Jonah

I know... I just wanted to play serious with my reply....lololol :icon_thumleft:

25 miles up the street from Underground Racing. We are planning to visit before the next mile event and see what we can learn about the Gallardo.

I spent a week in the wind tunnel with my glorified beetle and it made a huge difference! Keep us updated..

Ricky Bobby- Great write-up!

I don't have any hard evidence other than the fact that the drag coefficient of the GT is slightly higher than the Supra. Very nice performance by the wayat the mile. I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out. There's always next time.

We might be coming down to Florida to film at the TopGunRun mile event next month...hope you can join us!