Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

VRalexander had so many cameras everywhere I was expecting him to unzip his fly and have one on his Jimmy as well.

Lol! Glad we haven't seen that footage yet. Seems like there were cameras everywhere, which is great for those of us who couldn't make it--thanks!

Great thread- this is good stuff guys! Congrats to all of you who sacked up and ran those 'thangs.

220+ MPH in a mile. That's craziness.

with all the casualties this year (cars) do you think this will be duplicated next year?

in March of this year there was not even one off track experience with around 1175 runs completed (I am pretty sure of that number). I talked with Shannon (organizer of the Mile) and we both said it was a "eventful" year.

I think everyone invloved learned alot from the events that took place and people will keep in their minds. The Mile tightened down big time on the cars going over 190mph for saftey precuations (suits, gloves, harnesses and extinguishers) and rightfully so.

Did any stock Gallardos run the mile? I'd be curious about the delta between stock and the mildest street turbo setup, especially. It seems that these cars can really handle 750-800HP without too much drama.

Its Kevin from Underground Racing. I have to say it was nice to get calls with people saying that the Lambo Power group was pulling for us to do well ESP from the Heffner camp! Thanks to all for pulling for us as it means a lot to Underground Racing. Also thanks for all the compliments. I will get a video up ASAP of the runs and we have a good one of the fire ball run as I'm sure you guys will want to view. We also have in-car video.

I also want to thank Jonah, Grant, Kyle, SW and Richard for coming to race at the Texas mile! Also it was good to meet a lot of you Lambo Power members and ESP Joe Dirt!

Thanks, Kevin

Congrats again and bring on the videos and pictures! :icon_super:

Its Kevin from Underground Racing. I have to say it was nice to get calls with people saying that the Lambo Power group was pulling for us to do well ESP from the Heffner camp! Thanks to all for pulling for us as it means a lot to Underground Racing. Also thanks for all the compliments. I will get a video up ASAP of the runs and we have a good one of the fire ball run as I'm sure you guys will want to view. We also have in-car video.

I also want to thank Jonah, Grant, Kyle, SW and Richard for coming to race at the Texas mile! Also it was good to meet a lot of you Lambo Power members and ESP Joe Dirt!

Thanks, Kevin

Congrats!

Thanks, Kevin

Congrats, Kevin!!

No problem Kevin. There have been times when we haven't seen eye to eye, but this isn't one of them. Congrats on a great performance. You guys did the Lambo community proud. :headbang:

Did any stock Gallardos run the mile? I'd be curious about the delta between stock and the mildest street turbo setup, especially. It seems that these cars can really handle 750-800HP without too much drama.

My friend ran his white Gallardo but did not go above 173. I talked to him today and he was happy with that. We may do a few things to it and his supercharged 996 for Spring. It will be fun.

I have to say, I met some great folks out there. TX hospitality is top notch.

Thanks very much to SW for coming out and rolling with us.

Next time, we hope to get a few more of you.

A full 80% of the folks planning to run backed out with various issues.

Thanks for the compliments.

I'll set the record straight on this one.......

I did my 226.200 mph run Sunday morning. All through the weekend I was noticing my front rotors were cracking badly (they have over 30 Mile runs on them) and the 226.2 run put them where I said I was done, so I can drive home and replace them. I told the roll on race guys I would not run at lunchtime. Well, I saw the first race and said I can't back down, if the rotors fail they fail but I am going to run. I roll up to the start line and they tell me to suit up and run. I was matched up with a 1000hp KR Mustang. He did a big 'ol burnout for the camera. So I setup for my burnout rev it to 5500 rpm and drop the clutch (I did 10 just like this previous to this one in the previous days). Well, the driver side half shaft decided to let go. Day was over.

I'm just glad it popped when it did instead of down the track.

I would loved to come home with a perfect car but such is life. I have ZERO regrets and can look at my car and say she brought me home safely every time. After my car broke I went back to my pits and hugged my wife and kids. Life is good.

That was a big disappointment. We were very interested in seeing what your car would do in the next rounds. We'll be out again.

Thanks for rolling with the Now Back It Up! crew

Kerry