Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skokos

What are the current records and who's running? Is UGR going to be there?

What are the current records and who's running? Is UGR going to be there?

I believe the record is 248mph held by SW's Supra.. Yes, UGR is going to be there. I believe they have several Gallardos there.

The fastest car of the day was a Ford GT with NAwzzzz that went 217mph (Today was the Ford GT day).

I'll post up some updates as I have a few friends there right now.

All weather permitting, of course...

SW's Supra should top 250 mph this year.

Amit's Supra should be very close behind (a bit over 1500 rwhp on BOOST alone...), as will VRAlexander's Supra if it holds together.

It will be interesting to see the TT FGTs...many of them should crack 220-230 mph, same with the TT Gs.

In the end, it's a combination of aeros, gearing and power...lots of it. The Supra has pretty much the perfect package. The guys rev the shit of the engine in the top of 5th gear, it produces insane amounts of power and the aeros are VERY good. We'll see how it goes. Let's hope for good weather and no accidents.

Yesterday was oppressively hot so all of our speeds were pretty low except whipple/nitrous boy. I must have lost 8 lbs sitting in the car with the fcuking suit and gloves on belted into those five points. Joe Dirt on here went 215 mph and is going back today, and I fully except him to be in the neighborhood of 225 mph. I went 207 mph. The fucked up thing about soroush's 217 mph run was a) it was on goodyears, and b ) I swear to god, I am not making this up, he fucked up the launch, very nearly stopped the car, and you could tell he just said "aww fcuk it, I'm already out here, I may as well go all the way out" and then continued the run. If he had ran that thing all the way out from the start line who knows what he would have run. Probably very near 230 on a 100 degree day on the worst dig tires ever. Only got one run because he didn't have a harness, which definitely pleased the techs when he came through the booth :lol:

The temps are supposed to be a solid 15-20 degrees cooler today and even better tomorrow, so I think there will be quite a few big, big numbers.

I was second fastest on the GT only day at 215.889. My buddy in the GT with Naawwss beat me by 2mph.

UGR seems to have 3 cars here or at least 3 G's were delivered in the same 18 wheeler and a couple of those had UGR stickers on them. The big boys are here and the weather turned 20+ degrees cooler overnight. There are going to be some B-I-G numbers today and you can bet SW in his Supra came ready to dance.

I will crack the 220+ mph today considering the cooler temps in my GT.

Yesterday was oppressively hot so all of our speeds were pretty low except whipple/nitrous boy. I must have lost 8 lbs sitting in the car with the fcuking suit and gloves on belted into those five points. Joe Dirt on here went 215 mph and is going back today, and I fully except him to be in the neighborhood of 225 mph. I went 207 mph. The fucked up thing about soroush's 217 mph run was a) it was on goodyears, and b ) I swear to god, I am not making this up, he fucked up the launch, very nearly stopped the car, and you could tell he just said "aww fcuk it, I'm already out here, I may as well go all the way out" and then continued the run. If he had ran that thing all the way out from the start line who knows what he would have run. Probably very near 230 on a 100 degree day on the worst dig tires ever. Only got one run because he didn't have a harness, which definitely pleased the techs when he came through the booth :lol:

The temps are supposed to be a solid 15-20 degrees cooler today and even better tomorrow, so I think there will be quite a few big, big numbers.

I was egging Soroush (guy who ran 217) on before his run, he was concerned about going over 190 and them kicking him off for not having a harness. I told him to give it everything it has cause that's what he came here to do. I also told him if he goofs the start to still give it all it's got because the mile is long enough to recover most of the botched start if it happens. Needless to say he was excited when he got his time slip. Congrats to Soroush.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for all of the participants. At these speeds minor issues can get ugly. If UR can keep the drivetrain together (not an easy feat for this power level and duration), we might see them challenge the record. At 223mph the shutdown area was a bit tight. I'm sure the big dogs have chutes, so that may not be an issue. Good luck to everyone pushing the limits.

VrAlex is on his way! Broke the Dyno the night before and only regsitered 1200rwhp!

As for UGR... I have to admit.. a part of me wants them all to break... Another part of me wants them to kick ass! Maybe Id be happy with 2 breaking before they even run.. and one smashing the record and blowing up immidietely after :la:

untitled.jpg