SHOPPING IN VEGAS FOR A LAMBO?

JamesSimpson

Hey Guy's a friend is going to be in Vegas for the next 8 days and is currentley Lambo shopping for a 99-01 Diablo/6.0, I just found out that lambo vegas is no longer, so where would he go to see whats available? I checked online and according to autotrader the closest is in Denver!

Thanks in advance!

James Simpson

There are some smaller outfits there that sell used lambos and apparently Audi of Henderson has the dealership in Las Vegas now so he could contact them to get info.

Guest skokos

The towbin aston martin/bentley dealers might have some lambos but if hes specifically looking for a 6.0 he might have to do some real detective work. Why doesnt he just go to the next state over and find a car at the endless dealers in California?

The towbin aston martin/bentley dealers might have some lambos but if hes specifically looking for a 6.0 he might have to do some real detective work. Why doesnt he just go to the next state over and find a car at the endless dealers in California?

We're in Canada and he's just there on business and since whatever he ends up buying he wants to inspect in person it makes sense to check out any prospects while there. Besides I'd rather be shopping for a Lambo then sitting around the hotel all day:)

Cali is 4 hours from Vegas while Denver is 10 hours, go to Cali.

he's not going anywhere, you guy's are missing the point. I just said that the closest on autotrader/cars.com etc., is saying Denver.

Sorry for the confusion!

There should be a thread talking about the audi dealer now owning the lambo dealer license in vegas. Thats about his best bet! There is only one place i know that has plenty of 6.0's and tahts in washington.....

I'll consider letting it go on my orange 6.0 if situation is right to each other, I also have two other friends in same situation but we all in socal, one is yellow other one is purple, fly down to ontario airport from vegas is only take 45mins, checkout three 6.0s might be worth for a trip to come down, thank you.

Jess chen

I'll consider letting it go on my orange 6.0 if situation is right to each other, I also have two other friends in same situation but we all in socal, one is yellow other one is purple, fly down to ontario airport from vegas is only take 45mins, checkout three 6.0s might be worth for a trip to come down, thank you.

Jess chen

Interesting, can you tell me more please?

exact cololur combo's and options/mileage/years/ownership history?

Whats the asking price of each one?

I've called my client at the Hotel but he has not checked in yet, i'm sure within the next couple of hours he'll be calling.

Thanks

James Simpson

There should be a thread talking about the audi dealer now owning the lambo dealer license in vegas. Thats about his best bet! There is only one place i know that has plenty of 6.0's and tahts in washington.....

I noticed that...why are they all in washington???

Topcarbon is selling the 'Forbes' diablo. It's not a 6.0 though.

He said in the "regrets" thread that he decided not to sell it now.....not sure how serious that was.

The right car is so obvious, I can't believe anyone has not mentioned it yet. I am going to wait to see how long it takes for someone to mention what I am thinking about. Good luck with the search!

The right car is so obvious, I can't believe anyone has not mentioned it yet. I am going to wait to see how long it takes for someone to mention what I am thinking about. Good luck with the search!

Peter2's 6.0??? If so, that one is a beauty from the pictures that have been posted, and I don't even like Yellow Lambos.

why not just tell me instead of waiting for someone else to mention it? I don' know the car you're talking about as I'm not familiar with the members here yet.

why not just tell me instead of waiting for someone else to mention it? I don' know the car you're talking about as I'm not familiar with the members here yet.

If he is talking about Peter2's car, this is it. The car is in Miami, so I don't know if that helps.

We're in Canada and he's just there on business and since whatever he ends up buying he wants to inspect in person it makes sense to check out any prospects while there. Besides I'd rather be shopping for a Lambo then sitting around the hotel all day:)

Has anyone actually imported a 6.0 into Canada? I don't know of a single one, as this is very actively blocked by RIV and Lambo Canada.

So, can you import a 6.0 into Canada? The word on the street is that you can't. Pre 1999 are also excluded. That excludes the 6.0? Some have been successful importing G's, and much older Diablos (somehow circumvented RIV).

if your buddy was really shopping for a Lambo, your buddy would already know that the 2 Lambo locations in Sin City are closed.

Has anyone actually imported a 6.0 into Canada? I don't know of a single one, as this is very actively blocked by RIV and Lambo Canada.

So, can you import a 6.0 into Canada? The word on the street is that you can't. Pre 1999 are also excluded. That excludes the 6.0? Some have been successful importing G's, and much older Diablos (somehow circumvented RIV).

if your buddy was really shopping for a Lambo, your buddy would already know that the 2 Lambo locations in Sin City are closed.

I don't understand, are you trying to say I'm lying for whatever reason? I just wanted to start a thread for the hell of it? Again WE are in Canada and HE will be in vegas on BUSINESS/PLEASURE for 8 days and asked me to see if there was anything worthwhile to look at while he was down there.

Yes we imported a blue/blue 6.0 when I was at Autoforum years ago.

6.0's are 01's right? if 99-2010 Lambo's are admissable why wouldn't they be allowed in?

The 99 Alpine Edition Roy had was sold(blue) one so now I have to find him something else.

You've obviously got some beef with importing Lambo's and thats fine but don't take it out on me I sold my best client a 05 murcie roadster last Summer and feel horrible that he'll be screwed if he goes to sell it but at the end of the day it's not my fault and at the time he got an INCREDIBLE deal on the car.

Also dealers like luxury sports and imports and motion endeavours have imported Murcielago's.

and my "buddy" like most of my client/friends is a busy professional and does not have the time to keep up to date with what random dealer in another country is up to.

Cheers!

This is straight from RIV.ca

ADMISSIBLE

1999 TO 2010 From September 1, 1999: All models (see Note 1)

Note 1: Lamborghini Canada requires that importers contact Lamborghini Canada to determine exact nature and costs of modifications. Modifications vary by year and model and may be expensive. Possible modifications may include: daytime running lights, electronic immobilization system, metric odometer and speedometer labels.

All modifications must be performed (and documented) by an authorized Canadian Lamborghini retailer and must be completed before a recall clearance letter can be issued by Lamborghini Canada.

Any Lambo over 15 years old can come into Canada with no problems. This summer ZRauto imported a purple 1994 Diablo SE30, he just had to wait for it to turn 15 years old and it was perfectly legal to import.

I should clarify. The 1994SE is one thing. Yes, any car 15 years or older can be brought in, so that takes care of this car. That is why ZR had to wait to bring in this 1994 till now. But what about 1995-1998? Not admissible if you believe the RIV regs.

JamesSimpson - no I do not think you are lying. But I think that you think this is an overly simple procedure to bring a car into Canada. Do you have any experience in doing so? It is not simple. If your friend is too busy to find out if a dealer is still in business, it may really not be worth his time to spend the time to try to import a 6.0. Time is money, as you said.

So you should know that although on paper RIV says it is OK to bring in a 1999-2010 Lambo, the reality of doing so is a much different story. The excerpt that Rhyno posted is right off the RIV website. However, it is VERY incorrect, as you will find you when you call RIV or your local Canadian lambo dealer. Lambo Canada will not even take your call.

Very few grey-market US cars have made it into the country. Gallardos. I was not aware that any Murcies made it in, or that any US 6.0's were PLATED in Canada. Yes, there are some US cars running US plates in Canada, but those do not count as they are still US registered.

However, since you already imported a 6.0 (wow, really?), you would also be aware of that Lambo Canada, nor any other Lambo dealer in Canada, will give you a pass on that car? You will have to use the backdoor to get it into the country. So how did you do it last time? I personally very much like the 6.0, and it would be great to see more of them driving around in this country.

I should clarify. The 1994SE is one thing. Yes, any car 15 years or older can be brought in, so that takes care of this car. That is why ZR had to wait to bring in this 1994 till now. But what about 1995-1998? Not admissible if you believe the RIV regs.

JamesSimpson - no I do not think you are lying. But I think that you think this is an overly simple procedure to bring a car into Canada. Do you have any experience in doing so? It is not simple. If your friend is too busy to find out if a dealer is still in business, it may really not be worth his time to spend the time to try to import a 6.0. Time is money, as you said.

So you should know that although on paper RIV says it is OK to bring in a 1999-2010 Lambo, the reality of doing so is a much different story. The excerpt that Rhyno posted is right off the RIV website. However, it is VERY incorrect, as you will find you when you call RIV or your local Canadian lambo dealer. Lambo Canada will not even take your call.

Very few grey-market US cars have made it into the country. Gallardos. I was not aware that any Murcies made it in, or that any US 6.0's were PLATED in Canada. Yes, there are some US cars running US plates in Canada, but those do not count as they are still US registered.

However, since you already imported a 6.0 (wow, really?), you would also be aware of that Lambo Canada, nor any other Lambo dealer in Canada, will give you a pass on that car? You will have to use the backdoor to get it into the country. So how did you do it last time? I personally very much like the 6.0, and it would be great to see more of them driving around in this country.

Yes i have lot's and lot's of experience doing this, www.simpsonautomotiveconsulting.com (mod please delete if you wish) and this is what I do for a living. I have around 100 cars I've personally done not including the 10-20/weekly we imported through North York Chrysler luxury Division which is now Luxury Sports and Imports.(site needs to be updated to include the cars from this summer)(2nd summer on my own)

I NEVER call ANY dealer when it comes to importing a car other then the u.s dealer that the car is being bought from. They tell you nothing but lies. Eg., Grand Touring charging $20,000 for a $758 bumper!! This is why people keep hearing different things and everyones so confused.

DO NOT listen to what ANY cdn dealer has to say about importing!!! again the ONLY people who have ANY say in what comes in or out is TRANSPORT CANADA AND THE RIV.

Yes really about the 6.0, it' was imported for the owner of modified luxury and exotics and then last I heard traded back in through a dealer in Arizona for something else.(can't remember)

I will call the r.i.v again but i'm pretty sure i'll hear the same thing they told me a few weeks ago.

Nothing I do is ever done through any back doors and is done with the help of knowledgable customs brokers and reputable shipping companies.

Cheers!

James Simpson

p.s it also say's the same thing about importing Ferrari's but even the R.I.V will tell you that you don't have to go through a cdn dealer IF you can get the proper doc's then everything is 100% legal.