Hey Turbofart....updated results Vbox #s

Allan-Herbie

What is the BHP/Torque spec of yours compared to Sprites?

IIRC Sprite is running E-gear and when it comes to these turbo systems that surely has to have a big factor in the total time?

In a 50/60-130-150 run how many times are you shifting?

in a 60 to 130 run I am shifting once..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car has a different wheel/tire/suspension setup and I have minimal tire spin at 30+ psi and feels very secure.

Kyle

what are you running?

what are you running?

19" Toyo R888s and Penske's. I do not have boost by gear either....full boost in every gear. At the mile event, the tires never spun in the 3 runs (all over 231mph). UR is going to release the vid very soon of the runs and you can see the tires hook like crazy w/ that setup. All sub 4 sec 60-130s too. Have fun on race gas.

Kyle

Another thread on my behalf, how popular I must be. Anyway, just came back from a drag racing event and was out of town. If you like we can just run some 60-130 times and compare V box files for now. I remember you told me that you are not available this coming weekend either so we will plan a run down the line if you want.

30 PSI Kyle? What are you running..a cummins diesel? :)

the biggest thing there is the + after the 30 :icon_mrgreen:

Another thread on my behalf, how popular I must be. Anyway, just came back from a drag racing event and was out of town. If you like we can just run some 60-130 times and compare V box files for now. I remember you told me that you are not available this coming weekend either so we will plan a run down the line if you want.

Well well, lookee who it is.. you read the thread 20X and decided to reply? So you went to a drag racing event? Great! How did that turn out for you? Compare vbox times? Ok.. but I feel its only fair we run on the same exact road as from my trials even the slightest decline makes a nice improvement in times.. I can give you my remote location which is extremely good for obtaining times.... But I still feel we will certainly need to race as I am very excited to see our race video posted on the front page of streetfire one day :icon_thumleft:

19" Toyo R888s and Penske's. I do not have boost by gear either....full boost in every gear. At the mile event, the tires never spun in the 3 runs (all over 231mph). UR is going to release the vid very soon of the runs and you can see the tires hook like crazy w/ that setup. All sub 4 sec 60-130s too. Have fun on race gas.

Kyle

Yes, Aaron also swears by those Toyos.. I am going to get a set of 19's and the toyos.. Im sure Accichelli will be hitting the 3 second club before I will as he already went 4.09 with a slipping clutch..

Nice times Allen. Those are great times man. You have a bad ride for sure. Congrats

Thank you! Now i want a 997TIP to add to the collection!

Is the remote location safe to go head to head? Is it a two lane with no oncoming traffic? Just give me the date/time a couple of days earlier next time. Let's just say my cars trap was the highest from the shootout :icon_super:

Well well, lookee who it is.. you read the thread 20X and decided to reply? So you went to a drag racing event? Great! How did that turn out for you? Compare vbox times? Ok.. but I feel its only fair we run on the same exact road as from my trials even the slightest decline makes a nice improvement in times.. I can give you my remote location which is extremely good for obtaining times.... But I still feel we will certainly need to race as I am very excited to see our race video posted on the front page of streetfire one day :icon_thumleft:

I have actually gone 4.03 with a slipping clutch when I turned the boost up over 18psi. I ran 4.09 on 18 psi. My car will easily go sub 4s once the new clutch is in.

Aaron

Is the remote location safe to go head to head? Is it a two lane with no oncoming traffic? Just give me the date/time a couple of days earlier next time. Let's just say my cars trap was the highest from the shootout :icon_super:

It is not good for any head to head runs... if it was I would of blown your doors off there already... It is however good for repeated single runs..

Funny how you have to be secretive about everything... Your trap speed was the highest of the shootout... GREAT... you could of been racing a bunch of Hondas... Maybe then we find out you are lying... then you can say you were only kidding :rolleyes: kind of like your 1300rwhp dyno :lol2: :lol2:

I have actually gone 4.03 with a slipping clutch when I turned the boost up over 18psi. I ran 4.09 on 18 psi. My car will easily go sub 4s once the new clutch is in.

Aaron

Looking forward to it! :icon_super:

Only one way to find out Allen. I am available this Sunday, next Sunday, Sunday after that with no events booked. How about it? Your time 9:30am, Mexico HWY.

It is not good for any head to head runs... if it was I would of blown your doors off there already... It is however good for repeated single runs..

Funny how you have to be secretive about everything... Your trap speed was the highest of the shootout... GREAT... you could of been racing a bunch of Hondas... Maybe then we find out you are lying... then you can say you were only kidding :rolleyes: kind of like your 1300rwhp dyno :lol2: :lol2:

If the two of you were smart, you'd get up early and do this on Thanksgiving day. I've made many a runs at 7-8am on that day as well as Christmas day and there is no one around.

Either way, just get the goddamn thing done and stop talking.

If the two of you were smart, you'd get up early and do this on Thanksgiving day. I've made many a runs at 7-8am on that day as well as Christmas day and there is no one around.

Either way, just get the goddamn thing done and stop talking.

Thanksgiving is out of the question..

Nice times, Allan. Please be sure to get this on video so we can all celebrate.

Also, the R888's are great tires. Even for tracking the car.