How do you deal with complaints about your loud car?

Assman

My Murci is loud even for a Murci. At idle if you are standing outside the car you have to almost yell just to talk to the person on the other side of the car. The beauty of course is that the sound does not resonate into the car at any RPM.

Problem is though my neighbors complain. Now, I"m no dick. They asked me not to rev the car in the driveway and I don't. Actually I've actually driven it less than the little I drive it because I don't want to be an a-hole neighbor.

So I took it out the other day and the neighbor asked me if I was revving it. I wasn't, but it does take me a little while to get it into the garage because it's at a 90 degree angle so I have to get it lined up before I can get into the stall.

Anyone else have issues like this and how did you deal with it?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Murci is loud even for a Murci. At idol if you are standing outside the car you have to almost yell just to talk to the person on the other side of the car. The beauty of course is that the sound does not resonate into the car at any RPM.

Problem is though my neighbors complain. Now, I"m no dick. They asked me not to rev the car in the driveway and I don't. Actually I've actually driven it less than the little I drive it because I don't want to be an a-hole neighbor.

So I took it out the other day and the neighbor asked me if I was revving it. I wasn't, but it does take me a little while to get it into the garage because it's at a 90 degree angle so I have to get it lined up before I can get into the stall.

I usually tell them to fcuk off.

I usually tell them to fcuk off.

:iamwithstupid:

Then tell them if they don't like it MOVE. :icon_thumleft:

I'm sure you're not sitting there with it idling in the driveway for hours, if they can't take the sound for a minute or so while you get it out and drive away then fcuk 'em. I sure as hell wouldn't drive the car LESS because of them!!!

neighbors sound like dicks. my neighbors (especially kids) don't mind it at all (maybe they do but they keep to themselves) and i like to rev my tubi in the garage to get that last soundbite :aiwebs_017:

My Murci is loud even for a Murci. At idle if you are standing outside the car you have to almost yell just to talk to the person on the other side of the car. The beauty of course is that the sound does not resonate into the car at any RPM.

fcuk em, They must be Jealous.

I would just explain to them what you just said, and then have them stand next to you when your doing it...seems pretty reasonable that you wouldnt just be revving the car on your driveway for fun...

I agree with all said above, sounds to me like your neighbors are just jealous pricks. Unless you are going out of your way to be obnoxious I see no reason to say anything. If they keep bitching after you tried to meet their needs, then I think you should actually start revving it all the time just to show them how things really are and how nice you were being.

I agree with all said above, sounds to me like your neighbors are just jealous pricks. Unless you are going out of your way to be obnoxious I see no reason to say anything. If they keep bitching after you tried to meet their needs, then I think you should actually start revving it all the time just to show them how things really are and how nice you were being.

Yeah, when I first got it I had revved it in the garage when friends came over just so they could hear it. Since he talked to me the first time I haven't revved it, nor have I started it up in the early morning or late night (except for coming home from being out at night a couple of times).

So I see him Saturday and he was asking me about revving it last night (my wife and I had taken it shopping and all I did was bring it home and park it.) and I told him all I did was drive it.

Of course it's not an isolated incident. When the car was in Scottsdale my sister's neighbor asked when the car would be leaving because it was so loud, and at my inlaw's house the neighbor complained to them (she's a nosy annoying bitch anyway), so maybe it is my car.

Are you frequently in and out of the garage after 10pm or before people normally get up? If you weren't, just take him out for a spin. It should solve the problem. Being a little more considerate can make your own life easier, sometimes.

Are you frequently in and out of the garage after 10pm or before people normally get up? If you weren't, just take him out for a spin. It should solve the problem. Being a little more considerate can make your own life easier, sometimes.

This.

How LOUD is it? LOL

Straight pipes loud? If it isn't resonating in the cabin it can't be THAT loud...

When AZlambo and I were side by side 2 car lenghts behind Secc_Joe, Az said he couldn't hear Joe's Murci LOC exhaust.

Thats why im going valvetronic not that i have close neighbors but i know theres going to be times when quiet could be a good thing.

Raj's car is VERY loud, but really only after 4,000rpms does it REALLY wake up. It wasn't obnoxious at startup, or at low RPMs. Like VROOM said, offer them rides, and if they still complain, I would do it on purpose just to piss them off.

Next time they are mowing their lawn, walk over and ask them to stop revving their lawnmower because it really bothers you and hurts your head.