End of an era for Fortis

Fortis

:lol2:

now the only slight problem we would have is making it street legal where I live The Communist Republic of Australia

And in all seriousness what would be required? Nothing abit of sellotape and some cardboard would not solve.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not talking I can deal with the worse you can do, next time I come to Monaco, is to pick me up in the hairdressers car that you keep posting on your Ferrari thread :icon_mrgreen:

I promise I will not. That is only business.... if I do :eusa_dance:

And in all seriousness what would be required? Nothing abit of sellotape and some cardboard would not solve.

I don't think that year model is eligible for "grey" import, I could be wrong, I am only interested in the new car that's coming out!

Nope, Lambo club xmas is it?

it's a charity track day at Lakeside to support "Make a Wish Foundation" do you want to go? I will forward you details, maybe we can go, let me know.

I promise I will not. That is only business.... if I do :eusa_dance:

MB S Class all the way for me my friend, I regret so much not meeting you in Monaco I am sure we would've had a blast!

When I finish the house 100% I will get a pro photographer to do a shoot for you guys.

^^ :D Me Me Me :D ^^

now the only slight problem we would have is making it street legal where I live The Communist Republic of Australia

It cant be that difficult can it? As a personal import you would have to have owned the car for 12 months and lived in said country for an "extended" period. BUT I'm wondering how Sams car came in. Changing ownership docs isnt difficult but the part about living there might be hard to swindle. :eusa_think:

Theres quite abit of rego that cars need to go through which is why I didnt bring mine here either. Its just sooo much hassle, then you get shafted for Import&Customs fees. Cant even imagine how high they would be on something like a new SL :(

it's a charity track day at Lakeside to support "Make a Wish Foundation" do you want to go? I will forward you details, maybe we can go, let me know.

No good for me mate, not expecting to be doing too much tomorrow after a xmas party tonight and it's off to carols on the beach with the missus' family.

Theres quite abit of rego that cars need to go through which is why I didnt bring mine here either. Its just sooo much hassle, then you get shafted for Import&Customs fees. Cant even imagine how high they would be on something like a new SL :(

Sam's car was imported as a low volume import, I think that only applies to earlier model cars, new cars can only be imported by the official dealer.

http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSReg.asp?fs_Make...Page=20#results

No good for me mate, not expecting to be doing too much tomorrow after a xmas party tonight and it's off to carols on the beach with the missus' family.

sounds good, have fun!

I don't think that year model is eligible for "grey" import, I could be wrong

I think mine qualifies your preferences. Find a way to legally get a LHD car in & to be allowed on the road & I'll gladly sell you mine. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think that year model is eligible for "grey" import, I could be wrong, I am only interested in the new car that's coming out!

MB S Class all the way for me my friend, I regret so much not meeting you in Monaco I am sure we would've had a blast!

No new MB S Class yet..... but there might be a comeback. I could have picked you up in one of my undercover cars the Renault Twingo ;)

We will meet up another time as you are often in Europe, I am sure as well it would have been cool.

Congrats mate,

Jim501 and i were hanging out the other day and i mentioned that i thought you must have sold the car, as you dropped the price super low, and then it was gone.

would you Egear again? or would you go a 3 pedal next time? (or is SL only available in Egear?)

Thank you mate,

yes the dropping price technique :icon_mrgreen: any good sales man will tell you that's the best way to bring fresh customers to the negotiation table having said that I can tell you that the buyer got an excellent deal so did I we both very happy, his business is around the corner from my house, he's a very nice guy in his early thirties, paid cash for the car, I am very glad my car went to a guy that will truly appreciate it, I hope to be able to bring him on our future runs providing he's not too busy, he works very long hours!

E-Gear for me only, manual is so 1980's :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry I wasn't able to come to see you, this week was very hectic for me, I hope to get there next week!

No new MB S Class yet..... but there might be a comeback. I could have picked you up in one of my undercover cars the Renault Twingo ;)

We will meet up another time as you are often in Europe, I am sure as well it would have been cool.

Is the Twingo bulletproof???

I think mine qualifies your preferences. Find a way to legally get a LHD car in & to be allowed on the road & I'll gladly sell you mine. :icon_mrgreen:

My friend your car is my ultimate dream machine stop rubbing it in :crybaby2:

I can tell you that the buyer got an excellent deal so did I we both very happy, his business is around the corner from my house, he's a very nice guy in his early thirties, paid cash for the car,

Well at least you will still be able to hear it! That Tubi is getting around! Congrats on the sale. :icon_thumleft:

I would've bought an SL long ago if I could find a white one, that's my favorite car and color combo but unfortunately for the rest of us that missed the boat there are only 10 people on this planet that can enjoy one in white!

I don't understand??

Well at least you will still be able to hear it! That Tubi is getting around! Congrats on the sale. :icon_thumleft:

Mr. Vroom thank you again, that was the best thing I bought for that car, actually I heard the car last night :crybaby2:

I don't understand??

as far as I know they only made 10 SL's in white, I've contacted the local dealer to see if any made their way to Australia, they are being very vague, at some stage I heard that one car made it's way here contacted the dealer again but they aren't saying much, maybe a private collector got it and he asked them to keep it private, no idea, but as far as I know at this stage there is no white Superleggera in the country.

I went as far as buying the plates for one :icon_mrgreen:

Now my mind is of the SL and I am waiting for the new one to be released!

IMG_4330.JPG

Mr. Vroom thank you again, that was the best thing I bought for that car, actually I heard the car last night :crybaby2:

as far as I know they only made 10 SL's in white, I've contacted the local dealer to see if any made their way to Australia, they are being very vague, at some stage I heard that one car made it's way here contacted the dealer again but they aren't saying much, maybe a private collector got it and he asked them to keep it private, no idea, but as far as I know at this stage there is no white Superleggera in the country.

I'm pretty sure there is one in Victoria. I recall seeing a photo and reading that the owner received countless offers for it too.

SL???? It is SUCH a shame they will call it LP570..... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Oh THAT SL, I thought you were getting a mercedes benz.