What is up with this SV?

capt_chaos

hes got the foot bouncies the first one is the car going forward the rest is the foot bouncing on and off of the throttle. if he was in the seat properly and was able to keep a steady foot this would not be happening. it can happen with manuals as well if you are in too low of a gear.

maybe bad clutch? I heard you should not drive a car up like that, better to have it pulled..

Typical Egear problem, I would suspect all owners of Murci e gear have had this.

Some conditions that seem to cause this are cold engine and gear box, Starting on a hill especially with wheels turned, not giving car enough throttle when starting off.

Both my cars did this but the first was worse than the last, problem got much less when car had covered 3k miles. Infact my car had a mild case of this today when reversing out of a parking spot with pretty much full lock and a no warm up time.

It seemed that the ECU gets in a loop of engage disengage clutch and the only way to clear it is to stop and turn off the ignition or drive the car and change gears a couple of times.

Russell

Typical Egear problem, I would suspect all owners of Murci e gear have had this.

Some conditions that seem to cause this are cold engine and gear box, Starting on a hill especially with wheels turned, not giving car enough throttle when starting off.

Both my cars did this but the first was worse than the last, problem got much less when car had covered 3k miles. Infact my car had a mild case of this today when reversing out of a parking spot with pretty much full lock and a no warm up time.

It seemed that the ECU gets in a loop of engage disengage clutch and the only way to clear it is to stop and turn off the ignition or drive the car and change gears a couple of times.

Russell

Russell,

That is a great observation as I also think cold engine and gear box are the main factor. But it does seem really odd how jerky it is though. Paging Jefflambo!

E-Gear gets confused on inclines, there's simply no clutch control, the ECU thinks the car's stalling and pulls the clutch in.

There was another video of a 640 reversing up a slight incline at a Singapore hotel.

I get a mild dose of this when I don't give it enough gas from a stop. Mine is an egear.

Hey Lambros!

How embarrasing to the driver! If driving forward was not just a cold start problem, but an ongoing issue, get it fixed! If unfixable, I would dump this POS in a minute and get a better car. If you look carefully, you can see the car doing this on the flat gravel also, so the problem is not limited to the forward incline.

The reversing LP670 is painful to watch. Either there is something seriously wrong with the car, or the driver. It is almost as if the driver had one foot on the brake, and the other on the gas. Look at the rear wheels hopping and slipping. Not normal. This will surely kill your clutch in no time? Any Lambo I have seen can reverse up inclines just fine and very smoothly. They do burn out clutches VERY fast doing this, since the clutch is slipping heavily during reversing up inclines. But they do it smoothly, not jerky like this, and sometimes with clouds of clutch smoke.

Again, if it is the car and not driver, I would not be caught being embarrased like this by a piece of metal.

So, anyone else with an LP670 or other Murcie who can shed light on this problem?

Russell

Yep, my SV does this sometimes after a cold start. Not always. And never had it when the car is warm.

Yep, my SV does this sometimes after a cold start. Not always. And never had it when the car is warm.

Car is cold. Needs a good 5 minutes to warm up and then it will run fine. Had a similar problem with my LP640.Factory has no fix.My SV does the same thing when its cold.

NOT A DRIVER ISSUE...car must be warm and just an EGEAR issue when car/gearbox oil is cold. Unfortunate and embarrassing.

Typical problem that happens with just about every Murcielago, 640, or 670. This is NOT a driver issue, but the e-gear system on the 12 cylinder cars. Hopefully the problem will be resolved in the new model with a different clutch mechanism.