My LP670-4 SV is finally in the air!

TommyJames

Hi Everyone!

Well the day has finally arrived after months of waiting. My SV is on a plane and will hit Seattle in the early morning hours. It should be in my hands before the end of the day. I wanted to get out and film the arrival but Cargolux can't allow access to the cargo area because of bonding issues. I then asked someone at Cargolux if they would snap some pictures of it coming off the 747 and they are going to help out. What a nice bunch of people! They also have a sense of humor and said they already got a shot of my car which is the shot below.

lamborghini_1_.jpg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats...excited to see it...first SV this color?

There are three VI SVs built; one in Italy, one in Eastern Europe and only one to come to the US.

i hope to see it here,congrats for oyu bull,a rare piece

Yea, the waiting has been something else. They completed the build just before Christmas then closed for the holiday so it sat for a few weeks. It then got bumped from an earlier flight and Cargolux doesn't fly this route every day so here I am. I kept checking the flight status all day and finally it said it was in the air.

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. Verde Ithaca is one of my favorite colors. Please post some pictures once you get it.

I absolutely love VI, its the color I have always pictured my Lamborghini dressed in, on the day that I too become a Lamborghini owner. TommyJames, it has got to be one of the most exciting times for you! I am also extremely excited for you. For a reason that I don't quite grasp, I feel like I share in the joy for you. These cars just have a way of igniting one's soul and I feel it every time I am graced with their presence. I hope you enjoy this piece of Lamborghini craftsmanship to the fullest extent possible.

For a myriad of reasons- as a fellow Lamborghini enthusiast, fellow VI lover, and LP member -I am very happy for you. Congratulations! I cannot wait to see pictures... Please enjoy it in good health! :icon_mrgreen:

Ryan

Thanks everyone. This one is a big wing, small SV on the side, sport seats (not the stiff carbon fiber pails as I plan to actually drive the car) and about ever other option. Yea, as for Verde Ithaca, I fell in love with the color the first time I saw it. I worried that I'd get tired of it with the roadster, but it never happened. I still love it just as much as the first day I saw it. It looks especially good with black contrasting trim. I also understand what Ryan is saying as we're all kids at heart.

I'll photograph the shipping "body bag" that the car arrives in and show that too. It's kind of cool to see it arrive that way.

Congrats Tommy! Are you bringing it to the OC bullrun next weekend?

Wish I could, but that's too soon. I will get it down there soon enough.

Like a kid, I'm tracking the 747 using FlightAware. It's over Nevada now before it makes a stop in LA, then jumps up to Seattle on the same flight. Shows it will still be here by 5 AM.