LP550-2 to be normal production model - 2011

AndrewD

not nearly as bad as the Porsche what version are we up to this week 997.1.2 :eusa_think:

Yes, but they make significant improvements and have always offered many versions. Direct injection, PDK, torque vectoring, etc.

Yes, but they make significant improvements and have always offered many versions. Direct injection, PDK, torque vectoring, etc.

yes but the end result is the same, the guys that bought the original car got screwed few months later.

yes but the end result is the same, the guys that bought the original car got screwed few months later.

While I didn't expect a Balboni to get shafted like this, most model refreshes are known about well in advance. If you bought a 997.1 right before the 997.2 came out, it's your fault for not researching, as the info is usually available far ahead of time with a little speculation.

:eusa_wall:

yes the posers are shifting please make sure you won't miss the mass migration.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

Most Lamborghinis' never see any proper driving time, even a simple B-road blast. They are driven as boulevard cruisers — powerful boulevard cruisers, but still boulevard cruisers. The cars are set up for performance driving, but most never see it.

The new offering of a permanent RWD platform could very well mean that what I suggested is true.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

Most Lamborghinis' never see any proper driving time, even a simple B-road blast. They are driven as boulevard cruisers — powerful boulevard cruisers, but still boulevard cruisers. The cars are set up for performance driving, but most never see it.

The new offering of a permanent RWD platform could very well mean that what I suggested is true.

I am so glad that you are able to keep an eye on the whole Lambo ownership group in order to come to your conclusion that most Lambos don't see any proper driving time, that's powerful stuff man!

You are assuming that majority of Lambo owners prefer AWD over RWD because most of us are Sunday drivers or boulevard cruisers, as you so gently put it, and are to scared to handle the all mighty RWD car, but now Lamborghini magically researched the market and figured out that the Lambo owner boulevard cruiser, gold chain wearing, hairy chested gigolos have graduated to the hard school of RWDriving and decided to churn out a bunch of RWD 550-2 to satisfy the huge demand.

I thought you had to be 18 to join this board. :eusa_think:

While I didn't expect a Balboni to get shafted like this, most model refreshes are known about well in advance. If you bought a 997.1 right before the 997.2 came out, it's your fault for not researching, as the info is usually available far ahead of time with a little speculation.

I think it is a desperate attempt to stay profitable, bringing to the market a cheaper version of a successful model, if it's going to work it's left to be seen, the market asks for RWD cars they are giving you that, the Balboni is a 250 car limited edition model, sooner or later they will be sold out.

I don't think the Balboni "market" will be greatly affected by the release of the 550-2 model.

I think the strategy is good, because they will have a lot of variants out there:

the 550-2

the 560-4

the 560-4 Spyder

the 570-4 Superleggera

That's quite a great assortment, they giving everyone what they want, I don't understand the frustration when they decide to play around with the LE models, let's be honest if you are moaning and bitching over $20 or $30k you are buying into the wrong brand to start with.

Lets also remember they have to run a profitable business, you don't agree with their marketing strategies and product development do not buy into it.

IMHO this is no different with the SE. We had 250 of the SE models, then every car after that was mechanically the same,cosmetically different.

Again, IMHO the biggest shaft to Balboni was not naming the 570 after him.

I am so glad that you are able to keep an eye on the whole Lambo ownership group in order to come to your conclusion that most Lambos don't see any proper driving time, that's powerful stuff man!

You are assuming that majority of Lambo owners prefer AWD over RWD because most of us are Sunday drivers or boulevard cruisers, as you so gently put it, and are to scared to handle the all mighty RWD car, but now Lamborghini magically researched the market and figured out that the Lambo owner boulevard cruiser, gold chain wearing, hairy chested gigolos have graduated to the hard school of RWDriving and decided to churn out a bunch of RWD 550-2 to satisfy the huge demand.

I thought you had to be 18 to join this board. :eusa_think:

Let's try this again. It has been stated by other people on this board that most owners of cars like these (not just Lamborghinis) aren't worried about throttle response, chassis rigidity, and how flat the car is under heavy braking. I'm not talking about the owners on this board, as the owners here (I feel) don't represent the typical Lamborghini owner.

I said NOTHING about not being able to handle RWD, don't phrase it like that when that is clearly not what I said. For a car that is going to be driven purely around town and on the highway (and see no performance driving), AWD is probably the better choice, but don't tell me that the driver that is going to make a choice for RWD isn't more concerned about the way their car handles and feels through curves than an exotic car customer whose main concern is flashy motoring.

You are a perfect example of this. You're placing your order for your LP570 Super L (congratulations btw, I really hope you enjoy it!) because you are obviously interested in having lighter weight for better throttle and steering response. You want to experience sharper driving dynamics than the normal Gallardo offers, so you made a choice to have a more extreme Lamborghini, which is why I'm guessing that you (and other Super L and SV owners are not exclusively "Boulevard Cruising" drivers). You want a more driver oriented car.

And of course Lamborghini researched the market, THAT'S WHAT COMPANIES DO! They research the market and find out what customers want. When you want profit, give your customers what they want. This is exactly why the Balboni was praised as being a more pure Lamborghini — the RWD, and lots of people (not just customers), wanted to lose the 4WD.

I remember specifically when Adnan posted pictures from when he took his white LP640 Roadster to a track, lots people responded with "It's great to see a car like this being driven on a track".

Don't bring up my age, I am 18, the board voted and I was banned according to what the mods and members thought was appropriate. I served my time. My posts are coherent, developed, and I display my thoughts and ideas in an adult manner (even if you don't agree with what I'm saying).

I said nothing about posers (you used that phrasing, not me), and I don't mean "Boulevard Cruiser" in a bad way. So please, no one think that I believe that exotic cars have to see track time or the owner doesn't deserve them or aren't "true" owners.

All I am saying is that the driver that buys a car like this purely for "flash appeal", will probably not car about 4WD vs. RWD. That is a concern — generally — of the more "involved" driver.

Grigio I've never seen you around here before and I had no idea how old you were but based on the first line you typed I was able to tell your age, why do you think that is?

That just means that you're good at judging people.

I re-read all of my posts in this thread and I think that I hold my own.

Regardless, I think that I'm defending my point on an adult level, so please continue.

the reason I managed to figure out your age was because in spite of the fact that you are claiming otherwise I sensed the lack of maturity in your original post, it sounded like you did a google search and stumbled across the most stereotypical description of a Lamborghini owner you twisted it around a bit and posted it here.

In doing so, probably unintentionally, you somewhat insulted quite a few owners, I figured you must be either very young or very stupid, because I am a very nice guy and I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt I went with young :icon_mrgreen:

Bingo you are 18 coming off a probation, now looking at one of your "gem" threads after the probation period lapsed I would say you need to be more reserved, listen and absorb more be like a sponge!

You don't seem like a bad guy at all but I would say think twice and type once, reread what you typed think twice about it and than hit the POST button.

I certainly wasn't trying to insult anyone, that is never my intention (keep that in mind for my future posts). I also shouldn't really be talking about "proper driving" since, well, the only time I've seen a track is in Gran Turismo.

I think that the main lesson learned here is: "Never talk about something that you have never actually done yourself, from the perspective of someone who has". I won't talk about Lamborghini owners again until I actually own one myself.

...slightly different suspension to the rear to eliminate the wheel hoop that the Balboni experiances under acceleration.

you mean wheel hop?

Balbonis should have a recall to fix that shit!

I don't think the Balboni "market" will be greatly affected by the release of the 550-2 model.

What Balboni market? From what I've heard seen they are sitting mostly unsold on showrooms.

What Balboni market? From what I've heard seen they are sitting mostly unsold on showrooms.

hence the word market in inverted commas :icon_mrgreen:

I find it mystifying how they still haven't learned over the years not to devalue the model you just introduced a minute ago by (1.) making too many of them and (2.) introducing a model that one-ups it (or at least is essentially the same or slightly tweaked but newer, thus making it more desirable).

Why the mental density, I wonder . . . ?

If they wanted to sell Balbonis they should have the LP570-2 Balboni, or like most others said just have made Balboni the SL.

This completely fucks over Balboni owners since they fixed whatever suspension issue those cars apparently have and the new car doesn't have the retarded looking stripe.

I find it mystifying how they still haven't learned over the years not to devalue the model you just introduced a minute ago by (1.) making too many of them and (2.) introducing a model that one-ups it (or at least is essentially the same or slightly tweaked but newer, thus making it more desirable).

Why the mental density, I wonder . . . ?

Perhaps what they really should do, is introduce a new management team. ;)