So my R8 V10 is here

sprite

Yes manual fully loaded. 170k sticker car :) Only way to get a more expensive manual car is to do a custom color.

Do You have the front and rear diffusers in CF?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly it has to do with DOT. The dealer said they wouldn't perform properly in this country. Yeah, the brakes really care where the fcuk they are! :lol2:

Fortunately, you can order the CCBs through the parts department and put them on afterwards.

Meh, huge waste of money. The standard brakes perform flawlessly. If they didn't, they wouldn't put them on there.

$20K for some brakes that you won't even notice without a stop watch, a tape measure, and a race track.

CCB's are such a gimmick, it's retarded.

Not mine yet though since I'm not paying for it until something sells! I've learned my lessons from the past. Every time I was buying something new before I said "I'll just get the new car now and then sell something soon". They I would end up keeping both cars. For example I was planning on selling my 430 when I got my Ford GT.

Jim Elis eh? I'm going to go buy it and sell you it for $175K ;)

Jim Elis eh? I'm going to go buy it and sell you it for $175K ;)

Nah I already paid my deposit. Just waiting on trade. I have a couple of offers that are close to what I'm wanting....

Sprite that's insane all those awesome cars you have there have a combined value of $50k less than what a 570 SL sells here for, have you tried advertising on mobile.de? possibly export the cars?

What a deal, specially the FGT.

I will do a bit of homework on the FGT, I will check how much the conversion from left to right is and if the turbos are ok, the rules here are stupid but the FGT is the only car we could import, if you are interested to advertise it here locally PM me and I will give you a hand.

Few links, bottom page first link they have a FGT for sale, prepare for a heart attack

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/vehicles/new.php

http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/classifi...d-gt-gt40-white

Sprite that's insane all those awesome cars you have there have a combined value of $50k less than what a 570 SL sells here for, have you tried advertising on mobile.de? possibly export the cars?

I will do a bit of homework on the FGT, I will check how much the conversion from left to right is and if the turbos are ok, the rules here are stupid but the FGT is the only car we could import, if you are interested to advertise it here locally PM me and I will give you a hand.

No aftermarket turbos on the Ford GT. It's all bolt ons :) You would probably need some cats for it though at the very least.

No aftermarket turbos on the Ford GT. It's all bolt ons :) You would probably need some cats for it though at the very least.

so they can easily come off and than back on :icon_mrgreen:

Don't worry about it though. I'm looking to sell something locally within the next day or two. I got some offers that are almost there, perhaps dealer wants to make up some slack. All I got on the R8 is a $1,000 deposit so I have negotiating room on my side as I can easily just walk away from it.

Don't worry about it though. I'm looking to sell something locally within the next day or two. I got some offers that are almost there, perhaps dealer wants to make up some slack. All I got on the R8 is a $1,000 deposit so I have negotiating room on my side as I can easily just walk away from it.

sounds good, good luck.

Few links, bottom page first link they have a FGT for sale, prepare for a heart attack

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/vehicles/new.php

http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/classifi...d-gt-gt40-white

You have got to be kidding me. $120K for a new Mustang? Is there really no way to import cars in pieces like a kit? Seriously... I could buy 6 Mustangs tomorrow for $120K.

Personally if I were you fortis (which im not!) i would pick this up! Gotta wonder what that costs down there!

http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/classifi.../koenigsegg-ccx

And sprite the car looks incredible! love it!

I looked at that because I had no idea there was one in the country my guess on the price would be around $2 mil or possibly more, considering that a RR Drophead here is around $1,400,000.

Luxury car tax here is 33% on every dollar over $57,180 that's calculated after they add a bunch of other taxes like import duty 5% and GST 10%, just to make sure you pay tax on the tax that you've already paid.

After all said and done, base price + dealer mark up + import duty + GST + LCT (luxury car tax) they hit you with a further 4% (in our state)of the total amount, I think they call this tax transfer duty than you have registration fees depending on the number of cylinders the car has.

I worked out the other day that on a car with a base price of $100,000 we pay around $60k in taxes, if the dealer marks up the base price by 20% which most do, $100k car turns into $190k car before options, now if the base price was $1,000,000 :eusa_wall:

I am very curious so I will call and ask the price and let you guys know but let me warn you, it won't be pretty :icon_mrgreen:

Meh, huge waste of money. The standard brakes perform flawlessly. If they didn't, they wouldn't put them on there.

$20K for some brakes that you won't even notice without a stop watch, a tape measure, and a race track.

Completely flawed premise that is rather self-evident.

I would never buy a car like an R8 without the intention of either (1) making it MUCH faster, (2) taking it to the track, or (3) both 1 and 2 thereby making CCBs an absolute necessity.

A performance car without CCBs is lacking a fundamental part.

Why not put the gt back to stock and take it to Europe and sell it? It'd probably bring a pretty penny.

Sprite, I hope you don't mind I posted a link to the GT on another forum I frequent which has a chap that has bought and sold two Ford GT's.

His first one he shipped over from the US so he is not unfamiliar with the process.

He loves the look of yours...

That said I wholeheartedly disapprove of the notion of flogging either the GT or the GSL for a steriod Audi TT.

Why not put the gt back to stock and take it to Europe and sell it? It'd probably bring a pretty penny.

In Germany for example currently there are only about 10 GTs on the market with a minimum price of ~130k EUR with 30k km. It is quite a rare car over here. Never seen one in person. But I think sprite already made up his mind about selling it in the US.

Good luck on the trade :-)

I would never buy a car like an R8 without the intention of either (1) making it MUCH faster, (2) taking it to the track, or (3) both 1 and 2 thereby making CCBs an absolute necessity.

and they should be supplied as STANDARD!

You'd have to pay tax, and depending on where you import it, other fees as well. And it probably needs some modifications to be EU legal.

Personally if I were you fortis (which im not!) i would pick this up! Gotta wonder what that costs down there!

http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/classifi.../koenigsegg-ccx

And sprite the car looks incredible! love it!

CCX OZ price

I did not call them but the price that was quoted to an interested party was $2,400,000 needless to say they still have it in stock.

NICE!!!! That's the exact combo Emily has been looking at.

David- Are you trying to tell Sprite that he has the same taste as a chick? :)

David- Are you trying to tell Sprite that he has the same taste as a chick? :)

Nope. Just mine! :)

For one, 99% of your driving would have negligible performance increase. Secondly, the brakes won't be the limiting factor on brake performance, but rather the grip of your tires. Thirdly, the brakes used for racing are not the same used on road cars. Take a look at pad compound.

The only real advantage you'll see is lower weight, but a road car isn't exactly light to begin with. Unsprung mass is weighed differently so to say, but I don't think you'd notice much of a difference.

You would also save money by just buying the brakes from Brembo. They cost less. The option cost for CCB's on a ZR1 is less than an exotic, but that just the exotic tax.

Finally, while I can only speculate here, I'd venture to say that your driving skills are far more limiting than your brakes.

For one, 99% of your driving would have negligible performance increase. Secondly, the brakes won't be the limiting factor on brake performance, but rather the grip of your tires. Thirdly, the brakes used for racing are not the same used on road cars. Take a look at pad compound.

The only real advantage you'll see is lower weight, but a road car isn't exactly light to begin with. Unsprung mass is weighed differently so to say, but I don't think you'd notice much of a difference.

You would also save money by just buying the brakes from Brembo. They cost less. The option cost for CCB's on a ZR1 is less than an exotic, but that just the exotic tax.

Finally, while I can only speculate here, I'd venture to say that your driving skills are far more limiting than your brakes.

Untrue on 1. The braking distances and fade resistance would be much more than negligible. 2, they certainly will be after a lap or two. 3, You are assuming I would keep the stock compound; I wouldn't. I don't believe in 'stock' :lol2:

I wouldn't buy them from Brembo. I'd buy the best: Movit.

Whilst I am not Schuey, Hamilton, or Button, I have a damn bit of talent and am always learning more.

I'm actually considering being an SCCA instructor as a side job if I move out to Boulder given its proximity to some racing schools.

Correct, for the R8. On my old SL they were tons better than regular ones.

Anyway, congratz in advance Sprite, you will love the R8, it is a much better car than the Lambo! Then, after a while you start missing the Bull and sooner than you know, you will be Lambo hunting again, ask me how I know... :icon_thumleft: