CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

Oh just one of the most absurd things I have EVER seen at a race. It was flat out ridiculous. Performance power somehow thought it was appropriate to have this "bodyguard" walking all over the airport behind them brandishing an assault rifle with his finger on the trigger guard the whole time. This was supposed to be a family friendly event, and a lot of folks brought their children along.

REALLY? WTF FOR? :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's me, "canon neckstrap" BEHIND the timing equipment/antenna... :)

My tech have been analyzing all of the results and pictures that were taken as well, please note that after yelling at the crowd several times to move back some were numb and as a result affected the outcome of the timing by blocking the antenna system.

Please see below, I guess roping off the area would have been the answer... Please yell at anyone you recognize !

Some videos I found. What a difference in the white cars power vs. the two events. Also big difference in tranny and gears:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

REALLY? WTF FOR? :eusa_think: :eusa_think:

Allegedly his life was threatened if he was to show up at the event. The armed bodyguard had a federal gun permit and was granted permission by the county and airport management. I asked them to keep him in the trailer and out of plain sight - obviously that was ignored and yes it was completely ridiculous and in my opinion some sort of publicity stunt and completely unecessary.

I will only give that team 'props' on one account, the team with the Nissan GTR - Majestic, left all of their garbage behind, including several empty drums of race fuel and other items on the taxi-way. Performance Power was kind enough to clean up and take that garbage with them. So I will say 'thank you' for doing the right thing with the garbage. They stated it was ridiculous and they would UPS the garbage to the 'Majestic' shop today - I would probably do the same - that would be priceless.

Some videos of Rays nasty TTGT:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

What did the Supersports and SLR run?

Bentley SuperSports was a spectator and did not run the mile.

SLR came late and ran the 'flying mile' ONLY

1. 1/4 @ 9.904 @ 113.637mph & 1 Mile @ 29.050 @ 148.403 (Female Driven)

2. 1/4 @ 8.456 @ 117.810mph & 1 Mile @ 28.727 @ 149.976 (Female Driven)

Threatened by who? That sounds ridiculous.

like I said, I think it was more of a publicity stunt than a legitimate threat

I mean really, what would be the motive to threaten him? Competition breeds success, it makes you go back and come up with better combinations to achieve a better result.

Obviously that was the case with Ray Hofman's car and they succeeded.

Bentley SuperSports was a spectator and did not run the mile.

SLR came late and ran the 'flying mile' ONLY

1. 1/4 @ 9.904 @ 113.637mph & 1 Mile @ 29.050 @ 148.403 (Female Driven)

2. 1/4 @ 8.456 @ 117.810mph & 1 Mile @ 28.727 @ 149.976 (Female Driven)

Confused :eusa_think:

Confused :eusa_think:

this was the flying mile with a running start before the 1st set of traps

this was the flying mile with a running start before the 1st set of traps

But what about the 1/4? That was measured starting before the line too? Confused how it could basicly have more room to run, but yet still run 15mph slower than on a real 1/4

But what about the 1/4? That was measured starting before the line too? Confused how it could basicly have more room to run, but yet still run 15mph slower than on a real 1/4

it was measured the same as the mile, just a running start.

it was measured the same as the mile, just a running start.

Thats what I mean.. how do you get a running start and mph thru traps 15mph slower than from a dead stop.

Thats what I mean.. how do you get a running start and mph thru traps 15mph slower than from a dead stop.

This is what the timing system reflected, I have referred your question to the techs.

Here is the answer I received:

MPH is a metric of horsepower. ET is a metric of traction and driving.

As for how it can happen... any way you can imagine. Driver rolls on from 70 mph, they're at the 1/4 trap doing 117 in 8.4 seconds. Driver rolls on from 50 mph, they're at the 1/4 trap doing whatever speed in whatever time. It has absolutely no bearing on standing quarter mile speeds.

Likewise, if you roll on at 2,000 rpm in 4th gear, you're not going to accelerate as quickly, in a relative sense, as you will dumping the clutch in first at 7,000. The gearing is different, the realized power is different, the wind resistance is different, etc, etc.

There are dozens of metrics that affect the speed and time. I have zero control over any of them. I can not tell you WHY a car took x seconds to get from point A to point B at a particular speed. All I can do is tell you what those variables were when recorded.

huh??.... how about, lady just wasn't on it till the 1/4 mile mark.... no way you get that kind of running start and only hit 117 MPH in that car... :)

video:

This is what the timing system reflected, I have referred your question to the techs.

As for how it can happen... any way you can imagine. Driver rolls on from 70 mph, they're at the 1/4 trap doing 117 in 8.4 seconds. Driver rolls on from 50 mph, they're at the 1/4 trap doing whatever speed in whatever time. It has absolutely no bearing on standing quarter mile speeds.

Likewise, if you roll on at 2,000 rpm in 4th gear, you're not going to accelerate as quickly, in a relative sense, as you will dumping the clutch in first at 7,000. The gearing is different, the realized power is different, the wind resistance is different, etc, etc.

There are dozens of metrics that affect the speed and time. I have zero control over any of them. I can not tell you WHY a car took x seconds to get from point A to point B at a particular speed. All I can do is tell you what those variables were when recorded.

This....

plus the fact that it was a female who had just gotten the car the day before and seemed to not be quite comfortable with the car yet, as she was taking it relatively easy on the pedal on her runs...

Guest skokos

LOL you have got to be kidding me about the armed guard :lol2: I love when people over estimate there own importance.

LOL you have got to be kidding me about the armed guard :lol2: I love when people over estimate there own importance.

I like the fact that with him being the "professional" he is, he chose a BIG ASS ASSAULT rifle. Dont like 99% of body guards use hand guns in those situations? Figured a hand gun is at least more tacticle. I think he just had his buddy stand around and try and look cool. Either that or MB lost it after being banned and thats the job he ended up in.....