CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

I'm a third party as well, but my guess is this. Let's say the data shows some inconcistencies in acceleration (viz., power issues or traction issues) and they still turned a 267, that would mean people would expect much higher speeds instead of being 'surprised', etc.

Just a theory.

Pretty much on point D. Seeing the full second by second acceleration rate would tell a considerable amount about the car, it's powerband, and just how hard it was working to reach the end mph. If the log shows they were only at 180 through the 1/2 mile, and the car blasted 200-26x in the last 5 seconds you know it's really gonna move when they get it sorted out.

My personal feeling is that a record is as follows:

1. Verifiable and recorded by the event with quality data.

2. Is backed up within a given % of the record run. This is something almost every sanctioning body requires for a certifiable record. NHRA, SCTA, etc, I don't see this venue being any different. It all but eliminates the one-hit-wonders and speculation about equipment errors.

Wouldn't hurt to have someone with a lazer gun mounted somewhere as a backup.

FWIW, If Heffner and Peak aren't making a fuss about this I can't grasp in my little pea-brain why anyone else is? They clearly have a mindset that TX is going to be the showdown everyone wants and have no qualms bringing the thunder. IMO, their silence is saying a lot about what is coming.

The other "contenders" should do a lot less e-shit talking and get back to work on their cars, from the looks of things they have a lot of work to do.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ask a Formula 1 team to share even 1kb of their data with their competition and see what response you would get.

These guys may not be on the level of Formula 1, but they just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to compete in a race. Do you think they want their competition to be able to glean even the slightest bit of information from their data and possibly get an edge?

To think that this is trivial is ludicrous.

Go ask a Formula 1 team to share even 1kb of their data with their competition and see what response you would get.

These guys may not be on the level of Formula 1, but they just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to compete in a race. Do you think they want their competition to be able to glean even the slightest bit of information from their data and possibly get an edge?

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I am disappointed that there was no head to head racing, all the talk of timing equipment etc made it that everyone lost interest in racing and just having fun. As far as timing equipment is concerned, it was off according to my #'s, but I couldn't care less. I was not looking for a time slip, I was looking to race some fun cars, but by the time everyone was done trying to validate the timing equipment, people lost interest and went home.

The event should not be looked at or billed as a venue for a world record time trial. That should be a different day all together. This event has been designed from day one as a way for guys to come out in shorts and tee shirts, throw on a helmet and go full tilt in their car for awhile. The mile mark was more of a way to keep the speeds down and allow people ample room to get their kicks and be safe with plenty of room to stop. Seth has tried to accommodate these world record mile result seekers by trying to put together some consistent timing equipment, but I think the results will always be in question.

Once you get into the 200+ mph cars there NEEDS to be a sanctioning body with standardized timing equipment and tech standards. To have no one even checking tires for debris prior to 200+ mph runs is beyond me. No roll cage requirements, no fire suits, no fuel cell requirements, etc. This is just inviting the inevitable. As much as people are at each others throats now, everyone will be friends if someone gets killed. I don't want to see that happen. There is a demand for the standing mile to be a measure of performance, I think someone should get a magazine out there to rent the track and do a world record attempt day. Everyone gets their press and results will be official.

- Just my $.02

I have only had brief contact with Hofman/Heffner since the Miami event, but I can tell you that there is a calm confidence in that camp that I have never seen from them. They have focused their full attention on one mile racing. I have been involved with this group in some capacity for some time now, and I have never seen this level of motivation before. I think we will see something incredible in Texas.

Robi,

the guy that manages the track will ban your event for LIFE now if he finds out you are head to head racing. That is why people stopped doing it.

People act like someone has an OBLIGATION to share data. It's THEIR fcuking data! :lol2:

correct, but if they were to try and prove their time they would. I think they want to wait for texas and let the car do the talking.

:iamwithstupid:

Very well said!

This is why we parked the Underground Racing Gallardo after only 1 shakedown run. We knew if we turned the Gallardo up and did something great it would have been doubted. I do believe that Seth tried the best he could to make the timing equipment right and to put on a great event. After talking with Shannon from the Texas mile there is a ton that goes into setting the equipment up to make sure its accurate.

As far as sharing GPS data, I took a beating on this forum for not sharing my 3.5 60-130 that we did on the day we went 9.1 @ 169 mph in the 1/4. I even posted the graph and that was still was not good enough because it was not the "file" I didn't want to show the complete file as I felt it could give a away secrets on the rest of the run. Eventually I sent it over to Peter Blach that puts on the TX2k 60-130 events. I sent him the entire file and asked him only to confirm our 60-130 and to keep the rest private. After that it was never questioned again.

I can tell you that the Texas mile is going to be crazy in October! The great thing about the Texas mile is that the timming equipment is NEVER doubted! October is a ways off and the good thing for the Lambo fans is that the Gallardo owns the Texas mile record and is the only timed car to hit the 250+ mark without being doubted. :downtown:

GT boys... COME AND GET SOME of the KING OF THE TEXAS MILE!!!! :icon_fU:

250photo.jpg

Wow, just read this thread....lots of good reading. What Kevin says is true, I did verify his 3.53 60-130 run and did post the result graph/file. I have kept the rest private as per Kevin's request. I would be happy to verify anything you all would like as a third party. In any event, Ray is a very nice guy and I wish you all the best.

Peter

So can someone without ripping my head off please explain to me what the big deal is with sharing your data with everyone else? Just from a third party standpoint, it sounds like there is something to hide. If Hef's data shows that he really ran that fast, good for him, why would he want to hide it? If it shows that he really didnt, why would he want 1/2 the board running around fighting for his good name that he did? Either way, whats the big deal??

Maybe the Heffner data shows the car went faster than 266. If that were posted just think how another car owner that didn't go that fast would try and discredit it. It really is a no win situation for EVERYONE including the white GT owner that was caused by the event organizers.....plain and simple.

Maybe the Heffner data shows the car went faster than 266. If that were posted just think how another car owner that didn't go that fast would try and discredit it. It really is a no win situation for EVERYONE including the white GT owner that was caused by the event organizers.....plain and simple.

That's why we will all be in Texas in October :icon_super: Just remember if you play with the Bull you get the Horns!!!!!!LOL

URtexasdesktop.jpg

This is why we parked the Underground Racing Gallardo after only 1 shakedown run. We knew if we turned the Gallardo up and did something great it would have been doubted. I do believe that Seth tried the best he could to make the timing equipment right and to put on a great event. After talking with Shannon from the Texas mile there is a ton that goes into setting the equipment up to make sure its accurate.

As far as sharing GPS data, I took a beating on this forum for not sharing my 3.5 60-130 that we did on the day we went 9.1 @ 169 mph in the 1/4. I even posted the graph and that was still was not good enough because it was not the "file" I didn't want to show the complete file as I felt it could give a away secrets on the rest of the run. Eventually I sent it over to Peter Blach that puts on the TX2k 60-130 events. I sent him the entire file and asked him only to confirm our 60-130 and to keep the rest private. After that it was never questioned again.

I can tell you that the Texas mile is going to be crazy in October! The great thing about the Texas mile is that the timming equipment is NEVER doubted! October is a ways off and the good thing for the Lambo fans is that the Gallardo owns the Texas mile record and is the only timed car to hit the 250+ mark without being doubted. :downtown:

GT boys... COME AND GET SOME of the KING OF THE TEXAS MILE!!!! :icon_fU:

250photo.jpg

Haha! That's awesome. Texas is going to be great!

i cant imagine the number of AR15's & AK47's that will show up in Texas lol

on a serious note, it might be worth taking a 3 day vaca and going to the mile. what is the closest

happening city? and how far of a drive is it? this could be the next LP party/event!

i cant imagine the number of AR15's & AK47's that will show up in Texas lol

on a serious note, it might be worth taking a 3 day vaca and going to the mile. what is the closest

happening city? and how far of a drive is it? this could be the next LP party/event!

nothing close. Rent a RV and arrive Thursday when they open the gates and leave Sunday afternoon.

nothing close. Rent a RV and arrive Thursday when they open the gates and leave Sunday afternoon.

dont take this the wrong way, but i dont think i can sit for 4 days at a airstrip.

maybe ill fly in with vroom for the day ;)

dont take this the wrong way, but i dont think i can sit for 4 days at a airstrip.

maybe ill fly in with vroom for the day ;)

:iamwithstupid:

That's why we will all be in Texas in October :icon_super: Just remember if you play with the Bull you get the Horns!!!!!!LOL

URtexasdesktop.jpg

Its gonna be nuts! I cant wait to see!

I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with Ray Hoffman and his race car. I have no doubt that his GT is capable of 275mph +. We will concentrate on the next race between the three fastest street cars in the world (don't forget UGR, that lambo might surprise everyone!). My GT should lay down some decent numbers on our next time out.

Any major competition usually has controversy. This keeps everyone talking and brings the attendance up at these events. We are going to to have to wait until the next race to witness history. Good luck to everyone racing.

-Johnny Bohmer-

I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with Ray Hoffman and his race car. I have no doubt that his GT is capable of 275mph +. We will concentrate on the next race between the three fastest street cars in the world (don't forget UGR, that lambo might surprise everyone!). My GT should lay down some decent numbers on our next time out.

Any major competition usually has controversy. This keeps everyone talking and brings the attendance up at these events. We are going to to have to wait until the next race to witness history. Good luck to everyone racing.

-Johnny Bohmer-

Don't count SW's Supra out.. That old timer has some tricks left :eusa_think:

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI

-Johnny Bohmer-

:eusa_clap:

No doubt that Ray, UGR, and your car will all set the bar in Texas.

I have only had brief contact with Hofman/Heffner since the Miami event, but I can tell you that there is a calm confidence in that camp that I have never seen from them. They have focused their full attention on one mile racing. I have been involved with this group in some capacity for some time now, and I have never seen this level of motivation before. I think we will see something incredible in Texas.

Now, that's the endorsement I was looking for ................

We all know how well Gary knows the Hofman/Heffner crew.

Soooooo, like I said in my previous post, I'm looking for a number SO BIG from the Hofman/Heffner crew, in Texas, that we're all gonna to look back on this, and say why the hell were we wasting time, arguing over a measly 267 mph ...........

In fact, I'll probably have to give my screen name (WOOOSH) to Peak .....................