2009 GT2 Switzer R911/P800 or Keep the PDK???

evoviiiyou

Gents,

I need your help. I have been faced with this scenario recently and I am torn on what to do!?!? Should I go with the 2009 GT2 with every possible option, swiss cheese R911/P800 and 6K on the odometer or keep my 2010 PDK with 1100miles which is stock? I am curious what you guys recommend I should do.

Thanks,

Les

2011 GT2RS!!!

Touch much dinero and I would rather have a 997.1 with a swiss cheese P800 that will spank a new RS.

Keep the PDK and enjoy the modding journey (which you undoubtedly will :)).

This is why I am torn. Really after you do exhaust, compressor wheels, and a tune the PDK clutches are maxed out. I really dont want to get into modding the pDK and risk loosing the beauty of what Porsche designed, plus it will be real spendy.

GT2 if you are a track guy, PDK if it is a DD.

PDK is a weekend warrior only, as the GT2 would be. I guess I am a cruise and roll race type of guy...

:iamwithstupid:

GT Silver, Yellow deviated stitching interior, carbon package, PCCBs, swiss cheese P800, Passport with laser diffuser hardwired, exclusivity(especially here in Ohio), and the re-sale value are making say GT2.

Based on what you have said, and you desire to mod (I wonder if you will have anywhere to unleash that power? :) ) I would suggest the GT2.

Stick with a manual; if the PDK is maxed out relatively soon (which is a shame), and it's not a DD, the desire of it seems to be a bit lost.

Black the wheels, lights, windows, and clear the markers, add some sticky and you are all set!

It just gets better and better, Les!! Heck, you are getting to the point where the only way you can top the GT2 is to step into a GTT.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Get the GT2, BUT....keep in mind you will not be able to stomp the gas pedal as you please like you would in the PDK due to the lack of the AWD in the GT2, and you also won't have the amazing PDK trans. BUT, it IS a GT2!! :icon_thumleft:

Black the wheels, lights, windows, and clear the markers, add some sticky and you are all set!

Agreed...powder the wheels satin black...but window a slightly tinted(cant tell in the pics) but I would want to show this interior off its amazing. Easily the nicest interior I have ever seen in any car...I just added a phone pic of it above.

It just gets better and better, Les!! Heck, you are getting to the point where the only way you can top the GT2 is to step into a GTT.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Get the GT2, BUT....keep in mind you will not be able to stomp the gas pedal as you please like you would in the PDK due to the lack of the AWD in the GT2, and you also won't have the amazing PDK trans. BUT, it IS a GT2!! :icon_thumleft:

I hear you on the GTT...its just not my style...I bleed Porsche. I guess the only place to go from here is TTCarrera GT :icon_mrgreen:

I know man...tough but I am leaning to the GT2 hard! The GT2 is truly my dream car...and to get it with my favorite SPI package...man! Traction, Im sure will be an issue and I guess, I will have to learn her. But I pride myself on learning and maxing performance in all the cars I have owned.

Bad ass, Les!! Quit posting pics, get the paper work completed, and your next post shuold only be telling us that you are a proud new owner of an R911 997 GT2.. :icon_thumleft:

Bad ass, Les!! Quit posting pics, get the paper work completed, and your next post shuold only be telling us that you are a proud new owner of an R911 997 GT2.. :icon_thumleft:

For sure bro...deal will be inked tomm. More pics to come then as well. I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight.

The GT2 is truly my dream car...and to get it with my favorite SPI package...man!

You answered your own question... Enjoy the GT2!

Isnt the R911 specially set up to be a 800hp track car? Or is that the R911S? I know one of them is specifically designed to run circles around the GT2RS on the track and make the 800hp usable on the track. HOnestly from everything you have said in this thread, I think the only choice is the GT2....

Isnt the R911 specially set up to be a 800hp track car? Or is that the R911S? I know one of them is specifically designed to run circles around the GT2RS on the track and make the 800hp usable on the track. HOnestly from everything you have said in this thread, I think the only choice is the GT2....

This car is a R911 not an R911S...so it doesnt have the suspension the S gets. The suspension on this is stock GT2 offerings. I agree and I really want this bad boy, but my cars buyer flaked so the deal will have to be postponed. He wants to have a few weeks...so lets see. I may have to just except modding the PDK...and wait for another day to get the 2.

Hey Aaron, long time. I am going to keep and mod. My buyer backed out and I guess maybe a blessing in disguise.

Your car looks much nicer than the Gt2

Only change if you are unhappy with the PDK. I would personally keep it as your car is a nice example.

Thank you. The deal fell though for the time being so keeping the PDK and going to get some mods.