SE30 Jota Package for sale..?

toyroy2003

I am considering removing the 1994 Diablo SE30 factory OEM Jota kit from the current Jota I have for sale. I have all the parts, orginal factory crates as well to put it back into its orginal state condition, including the bonnet. Less than 500 miles have been placed on the kit since it was installed on the car.

Have all the materials and parts to put the JOTA car back to USA specs as it left the factory.

Any thoughts or offers are appreciated.

Also can arrange to have intsalled onto your SE30 if you wish.

PM me ro e-mail if any questions or offers.

roy@xxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the final # of these kits produced? Sounds like quite an offer for someone out there considering I hear these are just about impossible to get anymore.

If you don't mind me asking Roy (or Keith for that matter), why do you think the Jota converted SE30 is hard to sell? I'm assuming this is the case since it's been for sale for quite a while now.

Are people "afraid" of a converted car? Do people/the market not know what it is, and shy away from it? Potential problems with the DMV since the Jota package is not techincally legal?

If you don't mind me asking Roy (or Keith for that matter), why do you think the Jota converted SE30 is hard to sell? I'm assuming this is the case since it's been for sale for quite a while now.

Are people "afraid" of a converted car? Do people/the market not know what it is, and shy away from it? Potential problems with the DMV since the Jota package is not techincally legal?

I bought the car from Keith and now own it..I do not think there is any concern for the conversion as it is OEM Factory parts and done correctly. For DMV, no issue either as the car passed California Smog, the hardest in the USA.and there are no legal issues that I am aware of by adding the package.

I think the lack of sale is due to it's accident history. The car did have an accident and required the replacement of front and rear bumber and rear quarter panel, which were done with OEM factory parts and recieved correct OEM PPG re-spray for these areas. Also at the time both bumpers were supllied as EURO bumpers, less the side marker USA lights...a nice touch IMO, but it is what it is. CarFax reports the accident on their print out.

To me, however, I look at it this way..if CarFax was around with the Miura and the countach cars...then almost every car out there would have accident history. MOST all Miura's and early contach cars I have had the pleasure in dealing with have HAD accident damage..and quite a few FULL re-sprays..most into other colors that they were born into. Almost all repairs, including this SE have come out BETTER then when the car left the factory.

IMO, the SE and ESPIICALY the JOTA SE is a car that is headed for collection status in the years to come. Maybe it's time is just not ready now. In the meantime I am enjoying the heck out of the car. It just arrived to my shop mid last week..and I can tell you this car is tight, all there and FRIKN WICKED QUICK!! It does make my two other SE30 cars #15 and #8 seem like they are standing still.

The straight headers and open pipes, AS the EURO SE cars were designed with, on this #25 car is just amazing..just as beautiful as on my 2000 Diablo GT #74, that as for those cars ALSO came Headers and straight pipes from the factory...these cars were just not ever ment to have manifolds, mufflers and least of all cat converters...so in it's correct EURO version this car is spectacular, IMO.

Thanks for that Roy :icon_thumleft:

I haven't had the chance to compare my car to any other worthwile cars in terms of performance, other than some random pulls on the highway.

How would you rate the performance compared to the different Gallardos and Murcies?

It has fantastic tourque..a little hard to get used ot at first...espicaly after I leave my drive by wire 2010SV....It really needs to stay in the 3500 RPM and above range all the time for good response...but the MAIN difference, even over the 6.0 Diablo and my 640 roadster...

hit the gas at 80-90MPH range in 3rd gear and this car IS GONE! The high end power/pull and straight up shoot you down the roclket launcher is just amazing..no problem out shoing the 6.0 and will keep up to the 6.2 murcie no probllem. Pretty close with the 640 years car.. the SV670 puts it away.

I also am pretty sure now...that the SE30 cars have more interior room than the 6.0..? Sure feels that way, and a bit more comfortable as well IMO. The #25 car has the upgraded brake package and is hands above the stock package on my other two SE cars. The joy of a RWD car is easily returned with the steering comfort of this car...and, at least for me..I have yet to have any issues with the lower front bumper..mine sit 4 1/2 inches from the ground...no problems under normal conditions so far...a few angle in and out for my driveway has been it so far.

Roy, you make a really great point.

If you did Carfax on any classic car, none would be sold. Every F40, 288, Muira etc would be sitting. Let alone cars like TR's, XKE's etc.

Also the work done on that car is second to none. It is well above factory standards. Even Valentino commented on how impressive it was when it was on display at The Quail.

hit the gas at 80-90MPH range in 3rd gear and this car IS GONE! The high end power/pull and straight up shoot you down the roclket launcher is just amazing..no problem out shoing the 6.0 and will keep up to the 6.2 murcie no probllem. Pretty close with the 640 years car.. the SV670 puts it away.

That's my exact experience as well. The pull at high speeds is sick! Going past 120 mph, it still pulls like a train. Also in terms of Murcie performance, I would guess the 640 myself, makes sense.

and, at least for me..I have yet to have any issues with the lower front bumper..mine sit 4 1/2 inches from the ground...no problems under normal conditions so far...a few angle in and out for my driveway has been it so far.

This is actually my biggest surprise. There's loads of speedbumps and stuff around here, but even with the low front, it goes clear if you just take it slow.

One question about your installation, did Steve do anything to the ECU's, or just plugg them in and did the tuning and adjustments mechanically?

I know the ECU'S had to be re-tuned to Euro specs for both the JOTA package as well as the EURO exhaust..I do not know who he did it howvere...with computer or by hand

I suspect a combination of both as that is what it took to get my 2000 Diablo GT #74 just perfect...

Sry,i cant send a PN,dont know why...

Okay and your jota kit is one of the 28factory kits?no after market?

Is the 400km/h odometer included?

No,i would only buy the kit,i come from germany and search for an EU version and accident free.

leo

Sry,i cant send a PN,dont know why...

Okay and your jota kit is one of the 28factory kits?no after market?

Is the 400km/h odometer included?

No,i would only buy the kit,i come from germany and search for an EU version and accident free.

leo

This kit he is speaking of is one of the last two the factory had from the original 28. As for the speedo, no clue. It was on Kane00's car which Roy now owns.

Why doesn't this car have the reverse or fog lights on the rear bumper? All SE had this, whether Euro or not.

They were filled in to make a cleaner look IIRC.

No, the 400kmh speedometer was also for non-factory jotas. I know of a car which is a non factory jota and has also installed the 400 tachometer.

I think,the factory produces more than 28x 400kmh odometers...A few cars have the speedo,its very rare...

But my opinion is that mostly all jotas got the 400kmh speedo,but non factory cars which were converted later to jota,had before the conversion on the 360kmh speedovalready some miles. I think that some owner didnt attached the 400kmh speedo to hold the original miles.

I think that's a possibility.

keith is perhaps an exception

2years ago,there was a 400kmh speedo on ebay.de

I think,the factory produces more than 28x 400kmh odometers...A few cars have the speedo,its very rare...

But my opinion is that mostly all jotas got the 400kmh speedo,but non factory cars which were converted later to jota,had before the conversion on the 360kmh speedovalready some miles. I think that some owner didnt attached the 400kmh speedo to hold the original miles.

I think that's a possibility.

keith is perhaps an exception

2years ago,there was a 400kmh speedo on ebay.de

The Jota badge on the grille is even rarer, I only know 7 Jota who have this

But coming back to the topic. Roy, you should try to sell it in Japan, good chance that there's a lot of interest for the kit there.

The Jota badge on the grille is even rarer, I only know 7 Jota who have this

But coming back to the topic. Roy, you should try to sell it in Japan, good chance that there's a lot of interest for the kit there.

I've only actually seen one Jota and it did have the Jota badge. Does Japan have the largest number of SE30s? There must be quite a lot of SE30s that the whereabouts are unknown. I'm only aware of one single Jota left in the UK unfortunately.

I think I am leaning towards removing the JOTA package and placing it on my Car #15 RED SE30. This car is so perfect...less than 2000 miles on it and not a nick or scratch on it..the interior is as brand new and it is probably the nicest SE in the USA f not the world. Also there are several Purple SE cars in the USA..I think 9 to be exact, but only 4 Red add to that the other USA Jota is Purple as well..so this will make it different.

I think I am leaning towards removing the JOTA package and placing it on my Car #15 RED SE30. This car is so perfect...less than 2000 miles on it and not a nick or scratch on it..the interior is as brand new and it is probably the nicest SE in the USA f not the world. Also there are several Purple SE cars in the USA..I think 9 to be exact, but only 4 Red add to that the other USA Jota is Purple as well..so this will make it different.

And it will be the first red Jota, EVER!