Question: GTT or any car under 500k?

SV-N-IT

kill myself is the part that I mostly try to avoid :lol2:

How easy is to switch between power settings on a TT, can you take it from max HP to track HP (500 -600 HP mark) with the flick of a switch (boost controller) ?

Finally for the track, would you go with the new 570SL or standard 560?

I know the rubber was bad on the 570 when you test drove the car so maybe you couldn't get a proper feel of it's capabilities.

It would be rather easy to lower the boost on the GTT.. Right now mine is set for 10Lbs on the street, and 16 lbs on 100, and its the flick of a switch... Jason actually helped me lower the boost on my race gas setting from 18 to 16, its rather simple... So I even assume with the 2 settings you can have a 10psi setting for the street, and then with the flick of the switch INSTEAD of race gas you could go to say 5psi.

There is always the option of just doing a bolt on kit, and ONLY having somewhere around 690awhp, which should aleviate your problems.

For the track Im sure id take the 570Sl over the lp560.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest something new
Actually no... I think its PRICE....

Not to take anything away from anyones car, but it seems that most anyone with a GTT, including myself doesnt want to get rid of the car unless they get what they have in it, or maybe even more...

In the case of the UGR car, Its an 04 with like 20K miles, and a BOLT on kit.... What can you buy a 04 G with 20K miles for? Lets over spend and say 95K.... How much is a bolt on TT kit? 30k? 35K? lets go with 35K. What elese does that car have ... wheels? Lets say 5k... So On the high side you are looking at building that same car for exactly what asking price is.. And odds are you can find a lower mileage example with wheels already and less than 35K for the TT kit..

Sprites car.... Its got over 20K miles... Whats a 20K mile Sl worth when 4/5k mile cars are 140ish? Again, lets say 140K, and 62K for heffs kit... What else does Sprite have done? painted calipers and wheels I believe... So lets say 205K to build fresh.. or buy this one for 225K....

Even my car, I wouldnt sell it for less than what I have in it... So what does a buyer have to gain from buying these cars? Instant Gratification...

You nailed it. And said exactly what I had been thinking for a while.

There is ZERo change in the handling characteristics of the car with a tt kit... The difference is trying to control power upon exit...

My car has so much power that it becomes slightly light in the front end under full boost. It's certainly not the same as before the TT kit.

I think a different coil over kit would help.

Are you running the stock kit on yours?

Not to take anything away from anyones car, but it seems that most anyone with a GTT, including myself doesnt want to get rid of the car unless they get what they have in it, or maybe even more...

In the case of the UGR car, Its an 04 with like 20K miles, and a BOLT on kit.... What can you buy a 04 G with 20K miles for? Lets over spend and say 95K.... How much is a bolt on TT kit? 30k? 35K? lets go with 35K. What elese does that car have ... wheels? Lets say 5k... So On the high side you are looking at building that same car for exactly what asking price is.. And odds are you can find a lower mileage example with wheels already and less than 35K for the TT kit..

Sprites car.... Its got over 20K miles... Whats a 20K mile Sl worth when 4/5k mile cars are 140ish? Again, lets say 140K, and 62K for heffs kit... What else does Sprite have done? painted calipers and wheels I believe... So lets say 205K to build fresh.. or buy this one for 225K....

Even my car, I wouldnt sell it for less than what I have in it... So what does a buyer have to gain from buying these cars? Instant Gratification...

Your spot on...

While my car was being built I had an offer for much more than I had into it.. I passed.... Why? Because I spent allot of time and money to get the car and have it built. Time is money... You can't just walk into a car dealer with a bankroll and buy a GTT... You need to pay for the car, send it in, pay for the upgrades and wait till the transport shows up.

The only way I will get rid of this car is when I have another one...

My car has so much power that it becomes slightly light in the front end under full boost. It's certainly not the same as before the TT kit.

I think a different coil over kit would help.

Are you running the stock kit on yours?

Stock... Is your car lowered?

On a side note, drove my car around Bev Hills today for abit. Man what a difference the Toyos make. Car rides soo smooth, and HOOKS! It feels much more secure flying around turns, and the brakes are MUCH better... Floored it in first gear ( did have a passanger, a/c on and it said over 90 degrees outside) but for the first time instead of obliterating the tires it simply lept forward like being shot from a catapult.. The car is simply awesome.. So balanced, looks fantastic and drives soo damned good... With the A/c on, showing up to 93 degrees on the temp, the car runs ice cold, no jerking, stuttering NADA... Simply fantastic.

It got me thinking, we all applaud the Veyron for the engineering it took to accomplish it.. As an end result I wonder which car is actually more reliable, especially when pushed. Even though I only have a few thousand miles on mine, plenty of people here have substantially more than that with ZERO ISSUES... Imagine the amount of money one would have to spend on a Veyron simply on routine service in that time period.. Again not saying the GTT is the Veyron equal or what not, just that people need to know the strength of the car as a whole. I personally feel that especially at say Veyron equalling levels of performance ( say in the 800rwhp range atleast) the GTT will run forever with no more maintenece than a stock Gallardo.

Amazing! And Lambo didn't even know they made such a rock solid car... Now if they'd make it from the factory TT'd THAT would be cool........Veyron killer.

BTW, when are you gonna find a guy with a Veyron to race?

Amazing! And Lambo didn't even know they made such a rock solid car... Now if they'd make it from the factory TT'd THAT would be cool........Veyron killer.

BTW, when are you gonna find a guy with a Veyron to race?

There is a certain someone, whom I recently contacted about an event @ Mojave .. his immidiete response was " Yes! Absolutely! I can definitely be there" Then we exchanged a few emails.... and i got a question asking if my GTT would be there... I replied " Yes" and have never again recieved an email back from that certain someone with a silver Veyron in Arizona depsite numerous follow ups... :rolleyes:

There is a certain someone, whom I recently contacted about an event @ Mojave .. his immidiete response was " Yes! Absolutely! I can definitely be there" Then we exchanged a few emails.... and i got a question asking if my GTT would be there... I replied " Yes" and have never again recieved an email back from that certain someone with a silver Veyron in Arizona depsite numerous follow ups... :rolleyes:

:lol2: Bitch ass. Someday, no?

The GTT cannot be compared to a Veyron. In any department.

You think? I think it can be compared in several depratments..such as speed...looks etc.. I personally love the looks of the Veyron, but have had several people tell me they find my Lambo to be far better looking..

You think? I think it can be compared in several depratments..such as speed...looks etc.. I personally love the looks of the Veyron, but have had several people tell me they find my Lambo to be far better looking..

G-TT > Veyron in power and looks....

If i was the one paying for it I'd rather have a TT'd G....

Mojave is now a maybe maybe not. Final answer tomorrow.

Ag02M5 post kinda implied that the board/thread cant be unbiased because its a Lambo board..Of course I know better than that as Ive been here long enough to know who is open minded and who isnt. My post was more tongue in cheek than serious.

I was just being a smart ass. I like all cars...Ferraris, GTRs, Lambos, Evos, monster trucks, muscle cars, classics, prewar...

The only car I truly lust after is the Ferrari F40 btw.

SV, TTSV, TTLP640, LP640, Murci, TT Murci, DBS, Carrera GT, SLR, 599, 599 GTO, 458, Bentley SUpersports, R8, TTR8, 997.2TT, GT2RS, Drophead Coupe, I'm sure there are others.

SV, TTSV, TTLP640, LP640, Murci, TT Murci, DBS, Carrera GT, SLR, 599, 599 GTO, 458, Bentley SUpersports, R8, TTR8, 997.2TT, GT2RS, Drophead Coupe, I'm sure there are others.

So much HATE here D.Wiggs :lol2:

I can't wait to get my hands on a TTG. Damn those cars are incredible. I wanna see more people tracking them. Who cares if it's not a perfect track car but it's great fun any way, and it's a lot of fun to pull away from other FAST cars on the straits like their standing still!

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

wheres the love? :eusa_think:

They are GREAT cars; they just aren't for me.

Thats ok... it takes a special guy to drive a slower than stock Murci.... :icon_thumleft:

Thats ok... it takes a special guy to drive a slower than stock Murci.... :icon_thumleft:

You would know! Your red one was! :icon_thumleft:

wheres the love? :eusa_think:

I did a quick response before because I had to run, but I will explain why no love for the GTT. At $500k, I couldn't ignore all of the FLAGSHIP cars I would be passing up to get into the 'base' model Lambo. To me, the SV is probably my favorite car under $500k so I wouldn't pass it up regardless. That, plus I could TT it and be right at $500k. So why settle you know?

But, MOST of all, I don't fit comfortably in a G, TT or otherwise, so to have a car, no mater how great or fast, is pointless if I am miserable in it. That is the biggest reason why I wouldn't get a GTT even is the question was a car under $200k. Under $100k, and I might start to consider being uncomfortable because I'd be geting more for my money.