Question: GTT or any car under 500k?

SV-N-IT

i was thinking about this the other day and wanted to know your thoughts?

is there any car out there that you would rather have than a done up GTT for under 500k?

i honestly think that nothing comes close to a GTT for the money.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a TT-M?

But I agree, TTG is one of the finest cars available in that price range. But pics that Jason posted of Peak's SLR makes me want an SLR sooo bad.

i was thinking about this the other day and wanted to know your thoughts?

is there any car out there that you would rather have than a done up GTT for under 500k?

i honestly think that nothing comes close to a GTT for the money.

CarerraGT

CarerraGT

:iamwithstupid:

first car that came to mind. Also interested in seeing what the new mclaren offering will bring.

LP560 would be included. the CGT is awesome, but a badass G-TT looks as good and will spank it all day long.

IMO the only plus the CGT would have is you would be the only one in the state driving one. (in most cases)

Also interested in seeing what the new mclaren offering will bring.

It's a relatively bland design but the race-tech and likely telepathic response to driver inputs from the low-weight make this car very intriguing.

Nothing stock can compare to a G-TT's visceral force and emotional impact under throttle though, with perhaps the lone exception of a Veyron. Every G-TT experinece I've been lucky to have reminds me of the first roller coaster I went on as a kid...eye-watering to say the least. Feels like you got out of an F-16 demo with the Thunderbirds when you go to open that door after it's over... :icon_pray:

It's a relatively bland design but the race-tech and likely telepathic response to driver inputs from the low-weight make this car very intriguing.

Nothing stock can compare to a G-TT's visceral force and emotional impact under throttle though, with perhaps the lone exception of a Veyron. Every G-TT experinece I've been lucky to have reminds me of the first roller coaster I went on as a kid...eye-watering to say the least. Feels like you got out of an F-16 demo with the Thunderbirds when you go to open that door after it's over... :icon_pray:

There's no denying the violent acceleration of a GTT, but at what point does someone get jaded by dragster like power? I won't knock someone who is addicted to this path, it just seems like an insatiable, limited path, IMO.

In terms of handling dynamics there are more enjoyable cars of course, and if you can go up to 500k, the list isn't too bad. Carrera GT and Ford GT are my two picks off the top.

500k can also get you 1 of 2 GTOs:

288 or 599

:icon_mrgreen:

I will give the GTT props in that it's awd and linear acceleration while possessing excellent braking and handling makes it a stalwart all around car. If it were just acceleration, save some money and go the muscle route but no modified muscle car I know would feel comfy at 180, nor turn/stop like a G.

Viper or POS could compare but not exotic enough.

People say frequently "yeah yeah yeah, I've owned thousand-hp vipers or thousand-hp supras, or whatever, I know how the power is" but in the GTT it's a little different. The perception of actual speed is higher because the nose is so short and the driver is so low to the ground. It intensifies and amplifies the acceleration.

Just a hell of an experience.

There's no car for under $500K that I'd rather have than a TTG. It's not just about the acceleration, the car is the total package.

I've often thought of buying a Carrera GT, F40, or an SV or something like that, but I always decide that I would miss all that power.

People say frequently "yeah yeah yeah, I've owned thousand-hp vipers or thousand-hp supras, or whatever, I know how the power is" but in the GTT it's a little different. The perception of actual speed is higher because the nose is so short and the driver is so low to the ground. It intensifies and amplifies the acceleration.

Just a hell of an experience.

A TT LP640 Roadster would be a blast too. If they are matched power for power, I would rather have the 640.

I have been in and driven many variations, and the open top feeling of the Murcies is simply amazing to me. Much more road presense than the Gallardo IMO (Meaning the OOOHHHHSSS and AWEEESSSS seem to be much more abundant). I have not been in or driven Bill's Spyder on Race gas yet (Or pump for that matter), so I am not sure what the difference is between that and the Murcie's.

Bill's car in particular though has much more road presense than a regular Gallardo though.

The Murcie does not handle as well and is not as nice to drive in traffic or when the road gets twisty or bumpy. But I agree, the LP640 Roadster looks out of this world.

There's no car for under $500K that I'd rather have than a TTG. It's not just about the acceleration, the car is the total package.

I've often thought of buying a Carrera GT, F40, or an SV or something like that, but I always decide that I would miss all that power.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

thx pikemike

After three years I am ready for something new.... but prolly gonna hang on to the G-TT and keep the new ride stock, doubt I could ever do a better job tuning/modding any other car. In my mind its already a classic.

The Murcie does not handle as well and is not as nice to drive in traffic or when the road gets twisty or bumpy. But I agree, the LP640 Roadster looks out of this world.

I agree on the driveability piece. Of course I have owned neither, but am offering an opinion based on several drives in both.

I was surprised though that the LP handled bumps a little bit easier than the 02-06 Murcielago. It isn't as smooth as the Gallardo, but wasn't that bad. Also, in Florida on a Hot summer day, there is no shade unless you put the toupee on. If you have a full leather interior it gets HAWT as FAWK in 95 degree heat after it is left sitting in the Sun.

You do feel the LP640 weight and size in the twistys, but it does handle well. I experienced this part in the passenger seat not driving.

But a Balloon White LP640 Roadster is about as gorgeous out of the box as it gets, and if you have one with 1100rwhp/1100rwtq, there is nothing on the road that will touch it save a GTT, GTTT, or modded Veyron. Especially on the highway.

A twin turbo V12 also sounds rediculous, but the GTT isnt a slouch by any means.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

thx pikemike

Anytime man. If I had to pic a G out of all of the ones on LP, I would pic yours. I love white cars, and the Spyder part also makes it more appealing.

Hmm tough question... I would say that other than an Lp670SV, there is no car I can think of that I would want instead of a GTT, however there are plenty of cars I can think of I would want in addition to...

You can almost get an LP670SV-TTfor that price considering there is a used one for low $400's on dupont registry.

how much if any of the handling is lost when you TT the G?

Very important for me because I love the twisties, since there is no exciting alternative here the G TT sounds like the car to own but I am afraid that you have to trade the handling for straight line performance.

I wish I were able to test drive one.

Very important for me because I love the twisties, since there is no exciting alternative here the G TT sounds like the car to own but I am afraid that you have to trade the handling for straight line performance.

Why would the handling be lost? As long as you are careful with how you apply the throttle and don't treat it like an on/off switch, the TT package has no effect on the handling of the car.

I have tracked mine a couple of times, you don't want to go out with high boost, the twisty solution is to turn it down, dial in around 550 whp max.