5Th Gear 570 SuperG

Cool! Thanks for posting!

:iamwithstupid:

Gotta say it looks incredible on the street!

I don't expect it to be the top performer in the segment with its age but it certainly is no slouch.

What amazes me is that such an old car can still look that freaking hot. LFA, 458, new ugly McLaren...meh. Well the LFA doesn't count since it is actually older than the Gallardo since it took 10 or so years to get it to production. :)

I don't expect it to be the top performer in the segment with its age but it certainly is no slouch.

What amazes me is that such an old car can still look that freaking hot. LFA, 458, new ugly McLaren...meh. Well the LFA doesn't count since it is actually older than the Gallardo since it took 10 or so years to get it to production. :)

I hear ya on it being an older platform but Im not ready to count it out yet as there are some old platforms out there now that are still at the top of the game. Viper/ZR1 use older chassis and are still very relevant with there respective updates. Id be surprised if the 570 SL isnt competitive with the 458 et al. May not win but it shouldnt be a beat down at all imho hence me eagerly awaiting how it does in comparos. If its competitive then its curtains for the competition when the new chassis drops.

I've been out in a 458 as a passenger and i reckon its about the same as my 560 in terms of straight-line speed, no idea about corners.

Just my non professional initial thoughts guys so don’t read too much in to it:

Gear change on the 458 is far superior to the Gallardo, doubt it gains that much over it, but definitely will gain something and it doesn’t unbalance the car like corsa can or try to break your back with a jolt.

458 also feels more connected to the road and less fidgety than the Gallardo.

458 also more comfortable & a lot more room inside cabin.

I'm underwhelmed by the 458 looks though, I don't think it's a pretty car, but it may grow on me, everyone else seemed to think it was the best looking Ferrari ever though. To me it looks like a slightly more race car version of the 430, nice but definitely not for me, Gallardo is a much, much better looking car imo.

I would say that i think the 458 & Gallardo are going to be very similar in the end result, performance, handling, etc but they go about how they get there very differently, weirdly the Gallardo now seems a brute & 458 more refined. You may well like both but there will be no doubt as to which you prefer as they are completely different. I'm firmly in the Lambo camp still, but I’m sure it’s going to win a few over; it is a cool car & moves the game on.

Porsche has been making 911's for a million years, I think they should do the same with the Gallardo. It is a brilliant car!! It destroys the 911 (IMO) in drive both street and track, and looks even more timeless! I think they should keep making the G and vari it every few years like Porsche does. It is an awesome car. I love driving mine and it is solid enough to keep the model going.

I am not sure if you watched this vid it was posted few days ago in another thread, watch all 3 races 458 V 550 Balboni

Great looking, sounding car. I am not a big fan of the orange on the SL though.

Orange calipers do not look right. If they were black the car would look better.