New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer

Destructo

I am interested to see the extent of Adrian Newey (Chief Aerodynamicist & Technical Director @ RedBull F1) involvement in the game. Saw him at the end and it gave me goosebumps - that guy is incredible.

So far, the tracks look amazing, (Top Gear, Rally, Ring, etc).

Cars look very promising.

The only question is - what steering wheel to get?

I am interested to see the extent of Adrian Newey (Chief Aerodynamicist & Technical Director @ RedBull F1) involvement in the game. Saw him at the end and it gave me goosebumps - that guy is incredible.

So far, the tracks look amazing, (Top Gear, Rally, Ring, etc).

Cars look very promising.

The only question is - what steering wheel to get?

I have the Logitech G25 with 3 pedals and 6-speed shifter. That with my racing seat has been great. I don't know if there are newer ones out.

i might buy a PS3 when its actually out..becos thats the only game that makes me buy a PS3..nothing else matters..since i have an xbox360 which has better games..etc..PS3 would probably end up becoming a blue-ray DVD player or something..lol

Saw that, wasn't that "chicago" chicane?

Yes it was. And a LP on the long straight.

i might buy a PS3 when its actually out..becos thats the only game that makes me buy a PS3..nothing else matters..since i have an xbox360 which has better games..etc..PS3 would probably end up becoming a blue-ray DVD player or something..lol

I only bought a PS3 for GT5 and have had it now for 2 years ! :lol2:

I bought last january my PS3 just for this game then it got late! :eusa_wall:

Then I bought prologue but it's sound department was just really a letdown for me...

so I have not even really open PS3 for a loooong time.

I'm very excited about this game. I'll finally have justification to buy a PS3.

I have faith that it will come out in November for real. This is the first time they've made a press announcement about a release date.

Previous release dates have been rumor/speculation based on retailer pre-orders.

Last year it said Dec 31 at some retailers, then they said it would be out in march for japan. I believe the last pushback was due to 3D support.

Game looks amazing

• 4 months later...

In another random change of events....they have now released a new release date of November 24th for the game.....first time they moved it closer to the current date then further out....

In another random change of events....they have now released a new release date of November 24th for the game.....first time they moved it closer to the current date then further out....

Does it make any difference that Song confirmed it?

It's due to the new hacks on the PS3 that allow playing burnt games. So they are releasing it with the new software update that should help fix the security on those issues...for a bit.

The reason GT5 has been delayed (for the billionth time, no surprise) is because there were frame rate issues in races with full-grids, such as the NASCAR races (who cares anyway, right?) So they had to refine it a bit more.

Last realistic and official date I heard was "late January". The recent posting of Nov 24 (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/11/13/gran-turismo-5-sales-skyrocket-after-solid-release-date-reveal/) seems accurate.

I wouldn't hold thy breath though.

I also purchased a PS3 just for Turismo, even after swearing it off because I was bitterly stuck in the waiting room for 2, 3, and 4. I hate Polyphony and Sony. But I can't help but want GT5. I've played them all to completion. So I can't let this one slide, even if I whole-heartedly disagree with their "string the customer along" philosophy.

Fingers crossed (but not too tight)

Still debating what wheel and setup to get. I'm recently leaning more towards Fanatec, a German company, theirs is compatible with XBOX360 AND PS3, unlike all other wheels. It also looks and appears to work a helluva lot better than the crap Logitech has put out. (Their new G27 wheel has little improvements over the previous model and even loses the sequential shifter).

Still debating what wheel and setup to get. I'm recently leaning more towards Fanatec, a German company, theirs is compatible with XBOX360 AND PS3, unlike all other wheels. It also looks and appears to work a helluva lot better than the crap Logitech has put out. (Their new G27 wheel has little improvements over the previous model and even loses the sequential shifter).

I bought the G27 for this game alone :P I looked into Fanatec but it just not worth the price. I watched A LOT of reviews on the G27, Fanatec GT3RS and Turbo. I was able to get my G27 for 280 CAD which is about 100 bucks cheaper than any store has it around here.

The Fanatec setup is about $370 shipped to my door, that's the "GT3RS" version, clubsport pedals, and two shifters. Seems like a better deal. But let me know what you think of the G27 - I'm making a wheel purchase soon!

will do. one of the main reasons I went for the G27 is plug'n'play.Logitech (as with any product) is incredible when it comes to this, whereas the reviews of the Fanatecs said that they almost gave up the review getting the GTsRS to work with the PS3. but this is a while ago so the might have fixed some issues.