Sls vs Lp570-4, 911 Turbo etc

The SLS is ugly and pointless. There has been one sitting in the show room of a Seattle dealer for a few weeks now. If it was such a hot car on introduction, that car would be long gone. The fact that it's sitting tells me it's a complete and total dud in the market.

The SLS is ugly and pointless. There has been one sitting in the show room of a Seattle dealer for a few weeks now. If it was such a hot car on introduction, that car would be long gone. The fact that it's sitting tells me it's a complete and total dud in the market.

sales wise at least mercedes seems to be missing their targets for their top tier cars

I completely agree in it being ugly and pointless especially with the SL63 et al. Dont like its styling at all. He compared it more to the Vantage. God help me Id take the slower Vantage over it. Its beautiful. I have to like looking at any car I buy. Had I the coin for a car in the SLS price range it would not be 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice.

Still cant believe they tried to pit it against pure sportscars like the Lambo and 911 :rolleyes: Clearly this car is more in line with GT cars than pure sportsters. Bentley Coupes, Astons should be its comparisons.

sales wise at least mercedes seems to be missing their targets for their top tier cars

I think people just see the HORRENDOUS depreciation of the top of the line benzs. You spend 200G's on a 65 series and in one year and a couple thousand miles it loses 50% of its value!

I think people just see the HORRENDOUS depreciation of the top of the line benzs. You spend 200G's on a 65 series and in one year and a couple thousand miles it loses 50% of its value!

This has become a serious problem. Even non-car people have become aware of the brutal depreciation AMG models suffer from.

MB needs to take action to help correct it, much like many owners wish Lambo would take action on their behalf similarly. Limit production numbers of the pricier models, reduce model overlap, etc.

Just the other day I saw a gray SLS parked on the street in the East Village with the doors up. I have to say, in person, just like in pics, that car is cheap-looking and FUUUU-GLY!!! :icon_oak:

Wow...a lot of hate for the SLS. I'm not in love with it or anything, but i'd probably take it over all the cars in that vid save the G570SL. Its powerful, rare, not bad looking...i dont think its a supercar...but if i had a SLR722 parked in my garage i'd be more than happy to daily drive a SLS. I look at it kinda like a high end european muscle car. it wont scrape its chin everywhere, i could park it anywhere without worrying about it like i might a flamboyant exotic, and its not a 911Turbo lol. So its not on the top of my list...but if i had a stable full of exotics it would still be a desirable car to have IMO. I'll take mine in White :)

if i had a SLR722 parked in my garage i'd be more than happy to daily drive a SLS.

If you had an SLR in your garage, you would never drive the SLS.

Ever.

The back is it's biggest design flaw. The lights are so small and it just doesn't have any attitude.

I find the front end *revolting.*

The back is it's biggest design flaw. The lights are so small and it just doesn't have any attitude.

If you had an SLR in your garage, you would never drive the SLS.

Ever.

Every test I've read says the SLS kills the SLR.

Every test I've read says the SLS kills the SLR.

Quarter mile trap speeds have come in +5-6mph higher for the SLR, which is a massive gap.