Willow Springs Thread..pics vids

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan, next time you go out, you should get someone who knows the racing line to sit in the car with you. You'll go much faster much more safely if you follow the racing line. The line you took through that corner was not exactly it ;).

Great to hear that the GTT held up, though! I couldn't even get a stock F430 to hold up, so ;)

LOL i don't know if you can say that a GTT can go to the track and home with cold AC driving 1 session slowly...

anyways, the car looks great and sounds great. would love to see it get flogged out there!

LOL i don't know if you can say that a GTT can go to the track and home with cold AC driving 1 session slowly...

anyways, the car looks great and sounds great. would love to see it get flogged out there!

That is actually the slowest part of the track, so it doesnt illustrate the rest of the track... The other cars I mentioned overheating did soo during their FIRST sessions... didnt even make it through. Steve came in with his Murci after a few laps complaining it was running too hot, and the guy in the black corvette went out in the same session as me and had to go in after only a couple of laps..

I do admit I wasnt driving as hard through the turns as I normally I would have gone.. My confidence wasnt there to begin with and then seeing that tire blow down the straight didnt help..

Very kool Allan! Glad to hear that the car handles the heat well!

Nice seeing everyone at the track yesterday. Had a blast in the Ford GT... Your car sounded great out on the Track Allan .

Aimee

can't imagine what it'd be like to drive that rocket on the track...kudo's for actually taking it out where it can stretch its legs!

i'm glad you had a conscience and decided NOT to endanger yourself with that beast...ie. turning the boost down and not going 10/10. the worst thing you can do is endanger your health with a car that powerful. stay safe man, especially in the wake of VRalexander's death.

So was somebody tracking the RR? It seems kind of random to see one in the pits for a track day.

Im not sure but they spoke of at the end of the day taking it out on the track.. I was gone by that time..

Nice seeing everyone at the track yesterday. Had a blast in the Ford GT... Your car sounded great out on the Track Allan .

Aimee

Seemed like a blast and all the cars looked awesome out there. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw your FGT yesterday on 405 south, it looked great driving by.

Great stuff! Always good to see these cars on the track. Your car must be quite a challenge on the track with all that HP. Congrats and great work out there. It's always smarter to be safe and build up slowly. It takes lost of seat time and knowing the limits of the car.

• 2 weeks later...