Iphone vs EVO

Allan-Herbie

I got the HTC EVO, it's 20X better then the POS Iphone not to mention the ancient crackberies

It's a shame it's only comes with Shint.

I got the HTC EVO, it's 20X better then the POS Iphone not to mention the ancient crackberies

Not sure what you classify as "better".

My buddy who has the EVO did a subjective comparison test between the two phones regarding a few features like video qulaity, picture quality, keyboard sensativity, overall smoothness of the touch screen, screen resolution, and a few other things and the EVO wasn't even close to the new iphone 4.

Just saying... :icon_mrgreen:

They all have their cons and pros. If you want the best email phone out there, there is nothing like a crackberry. If you want the best touch-screen technology, tons of different apps/games/etc, easy to use, get the iPhone. Never tried the HTC, but it's probably a good phone in it's own way.

They all have their cons and pros. If you want the best email phone out there, there is nothing like a crackberry. If you want the best touch-screen technology, tons of different apps/games/etc, easy to use, get the iPhone. Never tried the HTC, but it's probably a good phone in it's own way.

:iamwithstupid:

Exactly. One is not "better" than the other. One however may be better suited to the individual needs of a specific user.

Agree with your summary:

- Email, both enterprise and personal: Blackberry wins.

- Entertainment, comprising video games, music, applications, and other media: Apple wins.

- Vocal calls with strong signal stability, social networking functions, open platform for tech-nerd customizations: Droid X, variety of others win.

:icon_thumleft:

Buying a phone that is bad at making phone calls makes little sense to me :eusa_think:

Most of that is anti-Apple sentiment making a mountain out of a molehill. Do not believe everything you read.

I've talked to over a dozen iPhone 4 owners, in addition to the owners on this board, ALL of whom have NO problems whatsoever with their new phone on voice calls.

That being said is it the best solution? No. In my mind it's good enough, but again, the list I provided are the best solutions in each category.

For me the iPhone wins hands down, and there is nothing even close. I fall into the "entertainment" category, particularly for gaming. :icon_thumleft:

All phones lose signal strength when you hold them. It's due to a human's conductivity; the iPhone is no different.

It makes calls just fine.

EVO > Icrap

My wife has the Iphone and even my 8 month old baby won't chew on it cause it's crap.. :icon_mrgreen:

I have had the new iphone 4 for a couple weeks now. A big improvement over the iphone 3gs and I have had zero problems with either my phone or my wife's. Everyone I know has it and its the same story from them. If these problems were really as bad as they say you wouldnt have to wait 3-4 weeks to get one if you ordered it today!

I have had the new iphone 4 for a couple weeks now. A big improvement over the iphone 3gs and I have had zero problems with either my phone or my wife's. Everyone I know has it and its the same story from them. If these problems were really as bad as they say you wouldnt have to wait 3-4 weeks to get one if you ordered it today!

:iamwithstupid:

i theres an easy solution anyway. Just leave it on the table, only look at it gently and only use speaker phone, come on people simple stuff

Seriously though i haven't had any problems with mine yet either

If these problems were really as bad as they say you wouldnt have to wait 3-4 weeks to get one if you ordered it today!

Same thing happens if you order a HTC EVO or the HTC Incredible too. I see Verizon's website says Aug. 9th last time I looked(last week).

If these problems were really as bad as they say you wouldnt have to wait 3-4 weeks to get one if you ordered it today!

They are not saying it is really bad, but it is a major design flaw. Just don't touch the affected area on the phone, and it's no problem.

And as for the wait time, Apple fans isn't exactly known for being critical about the products, they just want the shiny thing with the Apple logo :icon_mrgreen:

They are not saying it is really bad, but it is a major design flaw. Just don't touch the affected area on the phone, and it's no problem.

And as for the wait time, Apple fans isn't exactly known for being critical about the products, they just want the shiny thing with the Apple logo :icon_mrgreen:

I have tried to replicate the signal loss or dropped calls that I have seen on youtube. No matter where or how tight I hold it the bars dont budge.....maybe it depends on your area...

I ditched my iPhone 3g/AT&T to get an Evo/Sprint and couldn't be happier with the decision. I live in a market with 4g coverage and being able to watch live ESPN on my phone has come in handy quite a few times already :) I have also found Sprint's 3g network to be much faster than AT&T's.

I ditched my iPhone 3g/AT&T to get an Evo/Sprint and couldn't be happier with the decision. I live in a market with 4g coverage and being able to watch live ESPN on my phone has come in handy quite a few times already :) I have also found Sprint's 3g network to be much faster than AT&T's.

Here is PC magazines test...

What some people don't realize is that With AT&T 7.2HSPA it is really their 4G. LTE will really be a 4.5G or 5G. 7.2 is almost the same speed as Sprints WIMAX.

Also Keep in mind when LTE(AT&T/Verizon 4G) launches next year they will have speeds in the 10meg range with the capability of up to 100 meg. This will blow over most other 4g's.

Screen_shot_2010_07_13_at_1.57.59_PM.png

What some people don't realize is that With AT&T 7.2HSPA it is really their 4G. LTE will really be a 4.5G or 5G. 7.2 is almost the same speed as Sprints WIMAX.

Also Keep in mind when LTE(AT&T/Verizon 4G) launches next year they will have speeds in the 10meg range with the capability of up to 100 meg. This will blow over most other 4g's.

That test wasn't quite accurate....

I have gotten 6.7X speeds with the 4g off my sprint overdrive

That test wasn't quite accurate....

I have gotten 6.7X speeds with the 4g off my sprint overdrive

The overdrive and also Clear do get higher speeds up to 12 meg with WIMAX this test was using a phone not a wireless hub.

The overdrive and also Clear do get higher speeds up to 12 meg with WIMAX this test was using a phone not a wireless hub.

Gotcha,

Then that makes more sense. I always wondered why my EVO got much slower speeds than my Overdrive.

Regardless of what that test says, I have first hand experience with both AT&T's and Sprint's 3g networks in my area. AT&T's service was so slow that I rearely used my Iphone for web browsing. Sprint's 3g is fast enough that I will use my Evo for browsing rather than walk into the next room and sit at my desktop. The 4g service loads a webpage just as fast as my wired DSL connection does at home and can stream video at excellent quality. The test may report otherwise, but that is how it worked for me.